Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All that win did was cost the Bucs draft position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 30, 2012, 04:18:23 PM

Nice Win.

We Beat Their Starter's Butts!!!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 30, 2012, 04:19:14 PM

Unbelievable.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2012, 04:19:42 PM

Yeah pretty much. No one is going to remember this game in 3 years. Everyone is going to remember that we're missing out on an elite pass rusher because we took a mediocre corner.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 30, 2012, 04:19:42 PM

I don't get when a "fan" hopes the team loses

Then you must not get the draft either.   The teams with the worst records get the first pick of the best players.   This team needs help.   That win meant nothing.
I do get the draft but the entire idea is to win games not get the best draft position that you can.
Playing for a draft position is for losers.

IrishBuc

Second String

#19 : December 30, 2012, 04:21:18 PM

I thin Schiano should get fired for that performance, an absolute joke really. Freeman should be traded as well for that "play" of his today.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 30, 2012, 04:21:42 PM

Doug Martin was pick 31
David was Pick 52

not impossible to find good talent with later picks.

especially with our biggest need CB

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 30, 2012, 04:21:51 PM

And?

If we were talking about top 3 or top 5 I would care. We werent going to pick so much higher if we lost anyway.  I'll take the win over a few spots in the teens all day!

we could be as high as 6 or as low as 15
6 if pigs started flying and hell would freez. Everyone needed to win for that to happen.

Jumper

Second String

#22 : December 30, 2012, 04:22:06 PM

I thought it was a good way to go out. Solid game. I could not wish a loss against the birds under any circumstance.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : December 30, 2012, 04:22:55 PM

I disagree with the premise of this thread. I feel better than I did when we were losing games.

So this game did two things: cost is draft position and made me feel better about myself

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : December 30, 2012, 04:24:27 PM

We'll prolly pick right around 11, which should leave us plenty of opportunities at the top end pass rushers and prolly gives us our pick at corner, depending on which direction they want to go

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 30, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

Yeah pretty much. No one is going to remember this game in 3 years. Everyone is going to remember that we're missing out on an elite pass rusher because we took a mediocre corner.
Yeah because we know exactly how the draft will shake out and how the players will perform.
I forgot that we got the best of the 2005 draft when we were in position to draft an elite RB instead of in the #10-14 range and in position to get a mediocre LBer like Ware, wideout like White or QB like Rodgers.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#26 : December 30, 2012, 04:25:42 PM

Historically we are gonna miss out on a stud player by a pick or two; what if one of the stud players? take a fall

1988 season, the Bucs beat the Lions the final week of the season to finish 5-11 so they pick 5th.   Had they lost, they pick 3rd and have their choice of Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, or Deion Sanders.   Instead they end up with Broderick Thomas.

Here is that draft:

1. Dallas - Troy Aikman, QB UCLA
2. Green Bay - Tony Mandarich, T Michigan State
3. Detroit - Barry Sanders, RB Oklahoma State
4. Kansas City - Derrick Thomas, DE Alabama
5. Atlanta - Deion Sanders, CB Florida State
6. Tampa Bay - Broderick Thomas, OLB Nebraska

2006 Bucs.  They beat the Browns at the end of the year to finish 4-12.   Had they lost that game, they end up with either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas.   Instead they end up with Gaines Adams.

Losing that game was the prudent move.   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 30, 2012, 04:26:58 PM

7-9 looks much better than 6-10.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 30, 2012, 04:27:24 PM

If the OP was talking about the #1 pick, he might have a point, be it debatable, but if you are talking about the difference between walking into the locker room at the end of the season with hope, head held up high and you lose 3 spots in the draft, who the eff cares?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 30, 2012, 04:28:05 PM

7-9 looks much better than 6-10.

Agreed.

I would have a bad taste in my mouth for weeks if we would have lost.

Knocked two dirty birds out of the game and handed them their first loss at home.

I'm okay with that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All that win did was cost the Bucs draft position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools