Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All that win did was cost the Bucs draft position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 30, 2012, 04:28:46 PM

We'll prolly pick right around 11, which should leave us plenty of opportunities at the top end pass rushers and prolly gives us our pick at corner, depending on which direction they want to go

Teo for Middle Linebacker. Move Foster outside and sign FA's to the secondary. Keep Leonard Johnson, only resign Wright if he takes an incentive laden (and conditional) vet min contract, keep Ahmad Black, and go from there. Cut Qunicy "bank robber" Black, and then work on the offense. If we can pull something like this off along with adding to our line with a tad bit more depth, we could be tough to play. I think the secondary is not a "draft and insert" position despite the moronic comments I've seen on this board. I remember all the "draft Claiborne" screeching and he sucked this year.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 30, 2012, 04:29:20 PM

Why didn't we just lose all the games so we could have the pick of the prospects?
Why are there so many so called fans crying because we lost draft position?
It's not like we've done all that great picking high with Caddy & Adams, hell even from this last draft our late 1st rounder outperformed our high 1st rounder by a large margin.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 30, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Doug Martin was pick 31
David was Pick 52

Joe Thomas was pick 3, Gaines Adams was pick 4

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#33 : December 30, 2012, 04:31:03 PM

We'll prolly pick right around 11, which should leave us plenty of opportunities at the top end pass rushers and prolly gives us our pick at corner, depending on which direction they want to go

Teo for Middle Linebacker. Move Foster outside
this is where you lost me

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 30, 2012, 04:31:10 PM

I went to the draft last year and am going again this year. I would love to see the Bucs picking high again like last year but I would give up a few positions in the draft to end a 5 game losing streak, a win against a division rival who is the #1 seed in the NFC and momentum going into the offseason any day. Very happy to see Barron make the key 4th down PBU against Gonzalez.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 30, 2012, 04:31:58 PM

Historically we are gonna miss out on a stud player by a pick or two; what if one of the stud players? take a fall

1988 season, the Bucs beat the Lions the final week of the season to finish 5-11 so they pick 5th.   Had they lost, they pick 3rd and have their choice of Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, or Deion Sanders.   Instead they end up with Broderick Thomas.

Here is that draft:

1. Dallas - Troy Aikman, QB UCLA
2. Green Bay - Tony Mandarich, T Michigan State
3. Detroit - Barry Sanders, RB Oklahoma State
4. Kansas City - Derrick Thomas, DE Alabama
5. Atlanta - Deion Sanders, CB Florida State
6. Tampa Bay - Broderick Thomas, OLB Nebraska

2006 Bucs.  They beat the Browns at the end of the year to finish 4-12.   Had they lost that game, they end up with either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas.   Instead they end up with Gaines Adams.

Losing that game was the prudent move.   
Yeah, had we lost those games we would have picked top 3. Thats not the case! Its not like we are missing out on a top 3 talent by winning this game.

So what if we lose in the NFC Championship. WIll you then said that if we lost in the wildcard we could have picked at 21 instead of 28? Thats BS!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : December 30, 2012, 04:32:03 PM

Doug Martin was pick 31
David was Pick 52

Bradford was pick 1, Suh was pick 2, McCoy was pick 3

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#37 : December 30, 2012, 04:32:24 PM

7-9 looks much better than 6-10.

I care about Super Bowl wins, not 7-9 losing seasons.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 30, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

Teo for Middle Linebacker. Move Foster outside
this is where you lost me

OLB is Foster's natural position. He's only an average MLB. His pass coverage skills in the zone defense leave ALOT to be desired. Or did everyone forget the last two seasons before this one?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 30, 2012, 04:33:38 PM

Adrian Peterson was 7
pat Willis 11

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#40 : December 30, 2012, 04:33:56 PM

Doug Martin was pick 31
David was Pick 52

That's all I'm saying.   Put up a fight against the Falcons, but at the end let them score and take the L for the team's future.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 30, 2012, 04:34:17 PM

I'm happy with this win, nothing like sticking it to the dirty birds before they lose in the playoffs.

This definitely makes it sweeter. I'm glad we won; I have confidence we will still get the type of CB we need, and the win will do some good for the guys who are sticking on the team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 30, 2012, 04:35:37 PM

This win cost the bucs draft position. Point blank.

Besides, has anyone ever heard of trading back? It's not like we need the top 6th pick overall, but it sure gives Tampa a lot more to work with in terms of finding talent anywhere on the draft board. That win potentially cost the Bucs an extra player.

Still. Beating the falcons at their home is always nice.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

tbucsfan56

Second String

#43 : December 30, 2012, 04:37:33 PM

Some need to get a life, you make it to difficult with stupid threads like this. I would love someone ask a coach about winning the game and how it cost them is the draft. That would be a kodiak moment.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 30, 2012, 04:38:34 PM

This win cost the bucs draft position. Point blank.

Besides, has anyone ever heard of trading back? It's not like we need the top 6th pick overall, but it sure gives Tampa a lot more to work with in terms of finding talent anywhere on the draft board. That win potentially cost the Bucs an extra player.

Still. Beating the falcons at their home is always nice.
But why do we need more players, afterall we play to earn high picks that will hopefully suck so we can go get another high pick the following year because we all know the #1 prize is the #1 overall pick in the draft while morons battle for the Super Bowl by going for wins.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All that win did was cost the Bucs draft position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools