Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone else see this during today's game ?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

2002Champs2055

Rookie

: December 30, 2012, 05:18:20 PM

It was fourth down and Matt Ryan was sacked by David with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock. Shouldn't we have gotten the ball at the 30 yard line with those 2 seconds left on the clock and kicked a field goal with no seconds left. I was confused.  Did anybody else see that ?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 30, 2012, 05:30:19 PM

YUP.  I looked around the sports bar and said, "Did anyone else see what I just saw?  I think we deserve a field goal try."

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 30, 2012, 05:34:35 PM

It was fourth down and Matt Ryan was sacked by David with 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock. Shouldn't we have gotten the ball at the 30 yard line with those 2 seconds left on the clock and kicked a field goal with no seconds left. I was confused.  Did anybody else see that ?

According to the play by play, he play was marked at the 37. Good point although the time on the screen is not always perfectly accurate.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 30, 2012, 05:37:03 PM

TYPICAL GEORGIA DOME

cgnumber7

Starter

#4 : December 30, 2012, 05:39:44 PM

every year our screwage by the nfl gets worse

2002Champs2055

Rookie

#5 : December 30, 2012, 09:28:14 PM

According to the play by play, he play was marked at the 37. Good point although the time on the screen is not always perfectly accurate.

Forward progress i guess but Barth is capable of making around a 50 yard field goal. It would of put less stress on me throughout the game lol

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 30, 2012, 11:05:09 PM

Good catch fellas.

I missed it. That's pretty stupid that the officials ALL missed it

Happy we are celebrating a win :)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : December 31, 2012, 06:46:08 AM

I was confused. 

Obviously not as confused as Schiano.   At least you noticed it.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 31, 2012, 06:52:33 AM

I just watched it. In real time, it looked like a typical shaving of a split second by the home time keeper, but that image shows differently. It's a shame that's not a challengeable play.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 31, 2012, 07:10:47 AM

Time at the end of the half is reviewable.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nfl-review-rules1.htm

"Time on the clock can only be reviewed at the very end of a half."

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2012, 07:42:01 AM

What Schiano needed to do was bring it to the attention of the refs that the clock had not run out.   They can review that on their own.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 31, 2012, 09:33:46 AM

I didn't notice the clock thing - but I did notice a while lot of different plays that I have seen during the season. I liked what I saw - and wonder where was Sullivan's creativity during the season.

Do these coordinators know how to take advantage of what their opponents are showing them?

Doesn't seem so.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 31, 2012, 11:14:02 AM

What Schiano needed to do was bring it to the attention of the refs that the clock had not run out.   They can review that on their own.

Ah, but that's not what you said before deleting your post.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 31, 2012, 12:36:20 PM

Perception is often different in real time than it is when we have the advantage of a still picture. It didn't appear based on what we were shown at the end of the half that the Bucs were interested in questioning the time on the clock. The timekeeper, btw, waits for the referees signal to stop the clock. His or her job is not to determine when a player is down. He or she is looking for the referee's signal to stop the clock which, based on watching a replay, didn't come until the clock hit zero.

I'm also not sure if the Bucs brought it to the attention of the referee on the field that the referee on the field can ask for a review. I think it can only come from the booth to the referee. Otherwise it would be a virtual challenge.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 31, 2012, 12:47:45 PM

Kinda like the Cowgirls getting the snap off a full second after the play clock hit zero, and scoring a touchdown.  Chicken-neck Collinsworth made an excuse for the refs, but the Bucs would never have gotten away with that quite like America's team.  Oh well, the Skins got it done, and Romo is sitting at home just like us.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone else see this during today's game ?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools