Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18

Sailing2smth

Starter

#90 : December 31, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

The Bears firing Lovie was a stupid, stupid move. I really would love him as a DC.

Screw DC.   Fire Schiano and hire Lovie.

I actually agree with Java on this...

Brianpie2

Second String

#91 : December 31, 2012, 02:27:56 PM

I wonder who is going to be that one black guy that all these teams bring in this year for an interview just to satisfy the rooney rule.  I'm pretty sure it was perry fewel last year.  It's somewhat funny cause he must have known the whole time there was no chance for him to get a job and that it was just for the red tape.

Brianpie2

Second String

#92 : December 31, 2012, 02:34:05 PM

Looks like the OC from the Falcons already has some interviews setup for next week for some HC positions.  I think this is some great news!  Hopefully the falcons come out flat and unprepared and fall flat on their face.  I hate the Falcons and really hope they get knocked out without a win in the postseason again!!!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 31, 2012, 02:43:26 PM

Looks like the OC from the Falcons already has some interviews setup for next week for some HC positions.  I think this is some great news!  Hopefully the falcons come out flat and unprepared and fall flat on their face.  I hate the Falcons and really hope they get knocked out without a win in the postseason again!!!!

I actually hope they do well and lose in the NFC Championship. That way they will be tempted to keep their very expensive crappy defense, will not have their OC which is their bread and butter and they will have a really crappy draft pick :)

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#94 : December 31, 2012, 02:46:59 PM

The NFL is definitely the school of hard knocks for it's coaches. It'll be interesting to see how many are recycled elsewhere.
      Lovie Smith was a bit of a surprise, although the Bears seemed to be fading since a fast start to this season. Cutler has not exactly been quite the right fit as a Bear either...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#95 : January 01, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

Oakland, SD, Jax, Arizona and a few other cities need to be looking at hiring a couple of these guys ASAP - former SB coaches available.

We'd have been ecstatic to have the opportunity to sign a couple of these guys as our HC a year ago when we were looking for a coach.

The coaching pool still has Cowher, Gruden, and now these guys - along w/ coordinators for several successful teams (ATL, SF), and college (Chip Kelly).

Should be an interesting off season as far as head coaching is concerned. Suddenly Coach S isn't the new guy in the NFL anymore.
: January 01, 2013, 07:44:04 AM Morgan

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#96 : January 01, 2013, 07:44:49 AM

Cutler isn't the right fit?  Or his embarrassing Oline isn't the right fit?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#97 : January 01, 2013, 07:57:35 AM

Report: Chip Kelly among 5 Eagles coaching candidates

These are strange times for the Philadelphia Eagles. For the first time in 14 years, the team is searching for a new head coach after firing Andy Reid on Monday.

Now we have an indication as to which direction the team wants to go.

Per Howard Eskin of Fox 29 TV and 94WIP radio in Philadelphia, who cites sources, team owner Jeffrey Lurie initially is looking to interview five candidates. They are: Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, and, of course, Oregon coach Chip Kelly.

So there you have it. It's obvious the Eagles are looking for an offensive mind to take over the team, and we figure Kelly is the apple of their eye.

As USA TODAY Sports' Mike Garafolo noted in his recap of Black Monday, "Lurie is saying he's looking for an innovative coach who's ahead of the game and knows where the league is trending. If that's not a public plea for Kelly, we don't know what it is."

Makes sense, doesn't it?

USATODAY.com

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 01, 2013, 08:48:25 AM

Don't be surprised if Gruden leaves the booth and becomes the new head coach of the Eagles.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#99 : January 01, 2013, 08:48:41 AM

Report: Chip Kelly among 5 Eagles coaching candidated

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 01, 2013, 08:50:20 AM

I'd like to see the Bucs fire Schiano and hire Chip Kelly.   (and bring in Tebow to run his offense)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#101 : January 01, 2013, 08:52:11 AM

Report: Chip Kelly among 5 Eagles coaching candidated

WTH? Nervous breakdown?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 01, 2013, 08:54:45 AM

Beatles wants Chip Kelly for the Bucs head coach.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#103 : January 01, 2013, 08:55:17 AM

Mortenson:
Notre Dame Brian Kelly and Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone will get a few interviews.

Ron Rivera not out of the woods yet - still to meet w/ owner.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#104 : January 01, 2013, 08:55:49 AM

Beatles wants Chip Kelly for the Bucs head coach.

maybe he can get him to his new fav team in Carolina.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools