Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18

Hate

Hall of Famer
#195 : January 06, 2013, 11:03:52 PM

Why would anyone in the NFL screw around with this guy anymore? Even if you get pen to paper, can the guy really be trusted?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

McCoy93

Starter

#196 : January 06, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

chip kelly is like brett favre

Behind Enemy Lines

Second String

#197 : January 06, 2013, 11:14:21 PM

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Chip Kelly considered Eagles but ultimately decided it was better to stay at Oregon.

"Kelly may face NCAA sanctions in his return to Oregon as the school is being investigated for recruiting violations."

In Kelly's mind Oregon under sanctions was a better option that Philadelphia.  Wow

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#198 : January 06, 2013, 11:18:01 PM

What a flake.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#199 : January 06, 2013, 11:35:43 PM

I remember being frustrated with Kelly's shenanigans last year, but now I am glad he didn't come to the Bucs.  I would hate to be a Browns fan right now. . .or at any point in their history just about.

I also find it curious that Chuckie isn't interviewing anywhere, yet.  I guess he is going to ride the wave on MNF as long as he can, and why not, I think he is pretty good at it.  He does have a few too many man crushes, from time to time, but he gets excited about the game, and makes it interesting to watch to hear what he's going to say.  Kinda like the fire Madden used to bring when he got his first telestrater pen and would go crazy circling the butt sweat on the linemen.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#200 : January 07, 2013, 12:01:05 AM

Chip can't cut it in the NFL. He wanted to stay all along.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#201 : January 07, 2013, 12:54:47 AM

How does he even recruit anyone.  If I were a top recruit I would cross Oregon off of my list just because you never know if Kelly is going to be there.  It's one thing to be a sought after college coach, it's another to actively interview with multiple teams on a yearly basis.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#202 : January 07, 2013, 01:04:08 AM

LOOOL @ Kelly. He just shot down any chance he had at the NFL. The Browns AND Eagles both rejected him in the end.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#203 : January 07, 2013, 01:19:15 AM

What about Raheem getting some love?

BTW, re: Bills. Hopefully we can chalk up a "W" for our Bills game next season. Might be the easiest game on the Bucs' 2013 opponent schedule.

I hope so. I go to college in Western NY, the heart of Bills territory. The Bills never registered on my radar until I went out there to school. The Bills did their thing and I did my own thing. Not anymore. Now almost everyone I know at school loves the damn Bills. And I don't mean like my love for the Bucs, which is realistic. These people are delusional.

Most of you all are familiar with SEC football. Which school expects an SEC title without getting one in decades or ever? Is it Arkansas? Tennessee? Mississippi State? Whichever is the most unrealistic is the Bills Mafia. They seriously thought the Bills were going to the playoffs. Like, it was a shock that they were out of it in November, as usual.

And yet, they have the AUDACITY to make fun of the Bucs to me. Yeah, I have no connection to FL. The only Bucs game I've been to was in 2001, when we beat the Packers. That's when I became a fan.  Hey, I was 9 and I thought the pirate ship was awesome and we beat Brett Favre. They don't comprehend that the NFL has hundreds of thousands of fans of teams that don't live in their team's market.

Fortunately, all I gotta do is tell them to kiss the ring, point to 5 playoff appearances in the 21st century and a 10-win season in 2010. In case you didn't know, the Bills are the only team in the NFL to not make the playoffs in this millennium. I love saying it like that to them. They haven't hit 10 wins since 1999. Our claim to fame is a Super Bowl and one of the best defenses of all-time. Their claim to fame? Scott Norwood and a great comeback in the Wild Card round, which was avenged by the same franchise 7 years later.

The only fanbase I've met that is more insufferable is the Jets. And I'm in CT, where most people are Pats or Giants fans. At least those teams have earned the right to have yearly expectations of Super Bowls. The Bucs haven't earned that. I had 0% expectation of a playoff berth this year.

Me and a couple Bills fans may be flying down to RayJay for this game depending on when it is. We HAVE to win this game. We can't lose to the **CENSORED**ing Bills.

Oh, and we have to steal Jairus Byrd from them. I'd love that. He's their only other good player other than CJ Spiller and maybe Stevie "Praise You 24/7" Johnson.

I haven't done extensive research, but I am probably the Bucs fan who hates the Bills the most. The Douggernaut will crush them.

---

All that aside, Marrone is an ok hire. He needs talented coordinators and a lot of depth to succeed. As a UConn fan, I saw him turn a bottom 5 in FBS Cuse program into a slightly above average program. He has some potential, but he has a ceiling. Not the transcendent coach they needed.
: January 07, 2013, 01:22:04 AM Heisenbuc

Say my name...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#204 : January 07, 2013, 07:31:36 AM

Interesting read - there are several Buc fans from Upstate NY that post on here regularly.  I have a hard time understanding how you can continue to be a long-distance fan if you've only been to one game and you have no ties to the area -

Our franchise suffers from a lot of transplant fans that have lived here for decades and refuse to adopt and support the Buccaneers.  That's why our game aren't sold out and rarely is the blackout lifted. Sad situation.

If you live in a region, just by osmosis, you usually become a fan of the local team. You're subjected to the local sports news on TV, newspaper, etc - if you have half a brain, you're going to start following the local team and usually have an attachment to the local team.

These idiots here (mostly NYers or New Englanders) refuse to take on the Bucs - except maybe when they contend for the SB.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#205 : January 07, 2013, 07:47:46 AM

His offense probably doesn't translate into the NFL anyway, does it?  Maybe it does.....   Several NFL teams, including the New England Patriots and Washington Redskins, are using elements of Kelly's schemes in their offenses.

=========================

Chip Kelly spurns NFL, will stay at Oregon

For the second straight year, Chip Kelly flirted with the NFL and ultimately decided to remain put.

The Oregon head coach has decided to remain just that, the coach of the Ducks, according to two people informed of Kelly's decision who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because Kelly's camp has not publicly confirmed his decision. Kelly has informed teams that were interested in him he is no longer considering a move to the NFL.

Kelly interviewed with the Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills in the last three days.

It was reported Friday he was on the verge of becoming the Browns head coach. On Saturday, it seemed he was leaning more toward joining the Eagles after a nine-hour interview.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/06/chip-kelly-oregon/1812933/
: January 07, 2013, 07:51:18 AM Morgan

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#206 : January 07, 2013, 08:06:05 AM

Someone needs to replace Freeman's face with Goodell's on the GIF.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#207 : January 07, 2013, 08:20:49 AM

what?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#208 : January 07, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

Maybe Chip knows his illegal recruiting tactics won't work in the NFL.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#209 : January 07, 2013, 10:33:25 AM

what?

#f*ckthis

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools