Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #210 : January 07, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »

If you live in a region, just by osmosis, you usually become a fan of the local team. You're subjected to the local sports news on TV, newspaper, etc - if you have half a brain, you're going to start following the local team and usually have an attachment to the local team.

These idiots here (mostly NYers or New Englanders) refuse to take on the Bucs - except maybe when they contend for the SB.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan, while I sympathize with your frustration, I don't agree with your logic on this one.  You mentioned having ties to former teams, which is what most people stick to, IMO.  That is why the NY/NE folks don't really become Bucs fans, is that they do have real ties to those teams, after years of living and rooting for them in the northeast. 

I, on the other hand, like to think that I do have a whole brain, much less half, and though I've lived in Texas for most of my 36 years, I've always been a Bucs fan.  While I kinda like the Texans, I have and always will hate the Cowboys.  I however, own and sport Bucs gear, travel to Bars to watch every game I can, and bleed Pewter in addition to read.  The inundation of media regarding the Cowboys only serves to increase my despise of them, and often fuel my joy at their demise.  Not sure what Heisenbuc's connection is, but it's nice to see a new face and another Buc transplant infiltrating enemy territory.  If we can't change the damned northeasterner's minds, at least we can hope to be around to rub it in their face when we finally beat them.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #211 : January 07, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »

In that case, this area will always be doomed to having a weak fanbase because the demographics of this area is a population of transplants, many who come from N.E.

So you out-of-town whiners who complain about our lack of sell-outs can keep the complaints to yourselves, imo (not necessarily directed at you Buc On The Move).

Heisenbuc

Rookie

« #212 : January 07, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »

Someone needs to replace Freeman's face with Goodell's on the GIF.
what?

#f*ckthis

hahahahahahahaha beautiful GIF.

Interesting read - there are several Buc fans from Upstate NY that post on here regularly.  I have a hard time understanding how you can continue to be a long-distance fan if you've only been to one game and you have no ties to the area -

Our franchise suffers from a lot of transplant fans that have lived here for decades and refuse to adopt and support the Buccaneers.  That's why our game aren't sold out and rarely is the blackout lifted. Sad situation.

If you live in a region, just by osmosis, you usually become a fan of the local team. You're subjected to the local sports news on TV, newspaper, etc - if you have half a brain, you're going to start following the local team and usually have an attachment to the local team.

These idiots here (mostly NYers or New Englanders) refuse to take on the Bucs - except maybe when they contend for the SB.

CT isn't 100% Boston and isn't 100% NYC. And when I was growing up in the late 90s, the Pats weren't great, the Jets were still the Jets and the Giants were lame. The #4 team in CT is probably either the Cowboys or, surprisingly, the Dolphins. I went to a Bucs game in 2001 and I was "sucked in" with the playoffs that season and the Super Bowl the following year. From 2001-2007, the Bucs had quite a bit of success and I didn't feel like abandoning them to become just another Pats fan, jumping on the Brady bandwagon.

However, I might be able to go up to 3 games next year if the schedule plays out right and I have the money. I definitely want to go to the game at Foxboro and possibly the game at the Jets. Oh and 2014, we play at Cleveland and at Pittsburgh, which are only 3-4 hours from my college. Very possible that I go to those. Plus, I haven't been to Florida since 2004 (not during football season). I could use a FL vacation again soon...

The Bucs have to have a great year next year. Can't look like a dumbass in front of all the AFC East people I know.  :D

Say my name...

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #213 : January 07, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »

No offense taken Morgan.  I live too far away for blackouts to matter, I rarely get to watch the Bucs at home anyway.  Hopefully one day I can get to Ray Jay and maybe help divert a blackout.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #214 : January 07, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »

my fault -  thread got off topic: BTW, anyone notice that Shottenheimer's name, Chudzinski, Zimmer, Childress, or even Mike Sherman's name haven't been even mentioned whatsoever in any of the openings? What were we thinking?

here's the latest on the Browns....

Reports: Browns, Trestman to talk

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, on Monday, according to multiple reports.

The Browns reportedly have scheduled their meeting with Trestman in Chicago, where the Chicago Bears also have an interview scheduled with the coach on Monday, sources told ESPN.

The Browns also have requested permission to interview Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, a league source told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8820776/marc-trestman-cleveland-browns-talk-reports

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #215 : January 07, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »

Discusses Sully as HC candidate for Da Bears

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=81529

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #216 : January 08, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »

Bears Talk:

Is Sullivan right for the job?

No less than 20 potential names have been thrown into the proverbial hat to become the Bears' next head coach. Some candidates already eliminated themselves, like former Eagles head coach Andy Reid who agreed to a 5-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday or Falcons' offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter who publicly stated he will remain in Atlanta with a pay increase attached to it.

Others in the running will be eliminated for various reasons moving forward, but Bears GM Phil Emery likely has about five candidates he is seriously considering.

It is not uncommon for general managers to acquire a Rolodex of quality coaches who may be future head coaching material during their scouting travels. Their file continues to grow as they gain experience as their careers progress. It’s similar to the numerous notes created on players, as coaching files appear to be pretty deep and very thorough as well.

The latest candidate is Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan who recently underwent a six hour interview conducted by Emery and the Bears' brass. Sullivan has been coaching since 1993 when he started at Humboldt State while earning his Master’s degree. He formerly played as a defensive back at Army where he completed his Bachelor of Science degree and became a graduate of U.S. Army Airborne, Ranger and Air Assault schools.

If you want tough head coaches, Sullivan may be your guy, as he can beat offensive principles into players with his Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Plus, Sullivan has spent time with accomplished head coaches during his career. In 1997, he worked at Youngstown State under former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel, where his team won the Division I AA National Championship. Sullivan broke into the NFL as a defensive quality-control coach in Jacksonville in 2002, later becoming the offensive assistant in 2003.

He spent time there with Tom Coughlin, who brought him to New York to coach wide receivers after Coughlin agreed to be signing as the Giants' head coach in 2004. Sullivan later became Eli Manning's quarterback coach during the 2010 season.

Sullivan not only served under a very accomplished head coach in Coughlin, but also alongside a seasoned coaching staff like offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride while winning two Super Bowl Championships with the Giants before moving on to Tampa Bay in 2012.  Under Sullivan, Tampa Bay finished with a top nine overall offense in the NFL, ranking 10th in pass and 15th in rushing offense.

Much of what Sullivan has to accomplish with the Bears surrounds quarterback Jay Cutler. Tampa Bay head coach Greg Schiano said the same concerning Tampa quarterback Josh Freeman.

“What I can say is a 4,000-yard passer, a touchdown record – there are a lot of things you say, ‘Wow.’ Are there things that frustrate you? Yeah.

“Do I think Josh Freeman is going to win Super Bowls in this league? I do. So, I hope that happens here. But again, at the end of the day, I have to evaluate everything before I can say that’s what we’re doing.," Schiano said. "The one thing I do believe in is competition at every spot, including the quarterback so I want to have as many good players on our football team as we can at every single position. It’s a little different in the NFL.”

The truth of the matter is, Freeman was all over the map in 2012 with a great offensive line and great weapons around him with a first time play caller in Sullivan. Plus, that is not exactly a ringing endorsement about quarterback Freeman from Schiano, which is supposed to be what Sullivan was hired to rectify.

Sullivan is a first-time play caller with no head coaching experience or track record at all, which leads you to believe he is qualified enough to be the Bears' next head coach?

Next.

http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago-bears/bears-talk/Is-Sullivan-right-for-the-job?blockID=820415&feedID=10330

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #217 : January 09, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »

The Cardinals confirmed that they will interview Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden sometime this week.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #218 : January 10, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: In a meeting this morning, Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager David Caldwell dismissed Mike Mularkey as head coach of the Jaguars.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #219 : January 10, 2013, 11:48:36 AM »

In a meeting this morning, Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager David Caldwell dismissed Mike Mularkey as head coach of the Jaguars. Mularkey joined the franchise a year ago.

“I informed Mike today that he will not return as head coach of the Jaguars,” Caldwell said. “I know Mike well and do not want anyone to misinterpret the rationale behind my decision.  Mike is an excellent coach and I am sure he will succeed in his next stop in the NFL.  However, I must do what I believe is best for the Jacksonville Jaguars and immediately explore every avenue possible to turn our football team around.  For that to happen as seamlessly as we want, and as quickly as our fans deserve, I feel it is in everyone’s best interests for an immediate and clean restart.”

“Mike Mularkey is leaving our organization with my utmost respect,” said Shad Khan, owner of the Jaguars.  “Mike gave the Jaguars everything he had on and off the field, and his efforts as our head coach will always be appreciated.  Mike will land on his feet soon.  Until then, I wish nothing but the best for Mike and his family.”

Khan, Caldwell and Jaguars President Mark Lamping will be available at a news conference at 4 pm today in the lower west Touchdown Club at EverBank Field.http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Mularkey-dismissed-as-Jaguars-head-coach/a3340f4b-324b-493a-b7f7-112a2d71f51b

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #220 : January 10, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »

Why are you locking and unlocking this thread?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #221 : January 10, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »

in before lock!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #222 : January 10, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »

Just being typical Morgana.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #223 : January 10, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »

5 yr contract extension for Payton.....they're going to be good for awhile.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/10/sports/football/nfl-football-roundup.html?_r=0

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #224 : January 10, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »

5 yr contract extension for Payton.....they're going to be good for awhile.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/10/sports/football/nfl-football-roundup.html?_r=0

Disagree, there going to have cap issues the next few years and Brees is not getting any younger.
  Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2013 Off-Season Head Coach Hiring Thread......... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools