Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: StePhen Holder on Ronde « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : December 30, 2012, 08:17:50 PM

I'd like to see Brooks and Ronde go in together.
You realize that would mean Brooks is bypassed a couple of years for that to happen.
Don't think so.
Ronde is more likely to be a first ballot guy than Brooks.  Neither have a prayer.
I doubt if many agree w/ you.
People outside of Tampa are more likely to view Derrick Brooks as not making the HOF than a first ballot guy.

you need to read this and fix yourself

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3434965

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : December 30, 2012, 08:19:54 PM

Ronde is more likely to be a first ballot guy than Brooks.  Neither have a prayer.
You are insane

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 30, 2012, 08:20:23 PM

Pat Yasinskas is a reporter who regularly covers Tampa.  Most of the voters did not regularly cover Tampa.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be first-ballot.  But, as it says in that article's headline... "Often overlooked".  Kind of a big key to a HOF vote.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 30, 2012, 08:23:25 PM

You are insane

that's what I told him

NovaBuc

Starter

#34 : December 30, 2012, 08:24:44 PM

People outside of Tampa are more likely to view Derrick Brooks as not making the HOF than a first ballot guy.

That's just crazy talk. Derrick Brooks has a better chance to be a first ballot HOF guy than Sapp does I think. Sapp's a defining player at his position, but his reputation off the field isn't that great. Brooks has everything on his resume you could want: a Superbowl win where he played a helluva game, a DPOY award, multiple pro bowls, multiple all pros and was named to the NFL Decade team plus he's widely considered to be a great guy and a great representative of the game off the field.  I think more people would be surprised to see him not get in on the first ballot than would think he wouldn't make it. And considering the vote is done by football people (sportswriters mostly), I don't think he has to worry about name recognition.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : December 30, 2012, 08:25:12 PM

Pat Yasinskas is a reporter who regularly covers Tampa.  Most of the voters did not regularly cover Tampa.  I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be first-ballot.  But, as it says in that article's headline... "Often overlooked".  Kind of a big key to a HOF vote.
9 All Pros
11 Pro Bowls
Defensive Player of the Year
NFL 2000s All Decade Team

^says otherwise

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 30, 2012, 08:26:32 PM

I hate to pull this card, I really do, cause I sound like a **CENSORED**bag doing it.  But I have actually asked HOF voters about certain Bucs' players chances of making the HOF.  I haven't heard a single one say that Brooks would be a first-ballot guy, most saying 2017-2018 (His first year is 2015).  They basically say Sapp has a chance to be first-ballot but very easily could miss because of this year's class, and because he was a bit of a **CENSORED** to the media.  Lynch may have to wait a while, but will get in eventually.  Barber will make it within his first 5 years, but won't be first-ballot.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 30, 2012, 08:27:09 PM

nobody knows who he is  ::)

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 30, 2012, 08:37:17 PM

I'd like to see Brooks and Ronde go in together.

You realize that would mean Brooks is bypassed a couple of years for that to happen.

Don't think so.

I don't know who you are but you are dead wrong.  Brooks is a LOCK.  I am willing to wager on this as well.  Dude is a first ballot lock.  Book it.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 30, 2012, 08:41:44 PM

I hope you guys are right.  I really do.  But if I could make a bet with you guys and know it would actually be remembered/paid off, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 30, 2012, 09:26:04 PM

Was this typed with a straight face?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 30, 2012, 09:28:30 PM

I hate to pull this card, I really do, cause I sound like a **CENSORED**bag doing it. 

That portion of your post is correct. Put that card away!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

2002Champs2055

Rookie

#42 : December 30, 2012, 09:33:36 PM

I hate to pull this card, I really do, cause I sound like a **CENSORED**bag doing it.  But I have actually asked HOF voters about certain Bucs' players chances of making the HOF.  I haven't heard a single one say that Brooks would be a first-ballot guy, most saying 2017-2018 (His first year is 2015).  They basically say Sapp has a chance to be first-ballot but very easily could miss because of this year's class, and because he was a bit of a **CENSORED** to the media.  Lynch may have to wait a while, but will get in eventually.  Barber will make it within his first 5 years, but won't be first-ballot.

You've asked HOF voters? Really ?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 30, 2012, 09:42:04 PM

Just an idea on who he will be going up against to be enshrined on his first shot, there will be a ton of leftovers from this year, including either Sapp or Strahan (my guess is one makes it this year, the other doesn't, and I think Strahan makes it), maybe Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, I don't think Jerome Bettis makes it this year, if Art Modell doesn't make it this year cause it's so crowded, he's a LOCK for 2014, Tagliabue still has a good case, then Marvin Harrison and Tony Dungy are both first timers.  And that's just a small group that's likely going to be there, not including guys that will get the sympathy votes like Carter and Jacoby who have possibly been waiting a long time.  It's HARD to be a first-ballot guy.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 30, 2012, 09:42:40 PM

Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Alstott need to go into the HOF before Ronde.

Alstott will never make the HOF.  I'd like to see Brooks and Ronde go in together.

If Brooks and Ronde were to go in together it would take some incredible screwup by the HOF committee.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: StePhen Holder on Ronde « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools