Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: StePhen Holder on Ronde « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 30, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

Alstott re-defined the position of the fullback.

Presumably by lining up as a TB?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#46 : December 30, 2012, 10:00:15 PM

Speaking of the HOF...we should be getting the list of 15 finalists pretty soon.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 30, 2012, 10:08:10 PM

Ronde is the man.

Wear his Jersey every Sunday with pride.

He is one of my all time favorites and has brought me many joyous moments in life.

I'd love to see him play another 2-3 years :)

An over achiever and true professional, I'll never underappreciate #20.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#48 : December 30, 2012, 10:40:55 PM

Who cares about Ronde? We should've lost. It's all about the draft pick, right?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#49 : December 30, 2012, 10:49:37 PM

Ronde is the man, and I support whatever decision he makes this offseason.  It will be a little sad when he moves on, but he has earned whatever he chooses to do.  An ironman in the Bucs secondary, Ronde has set an amazing example for all those who come after him.  If we have to move on without him, he has set the bar high.  I hope the Bucs give him a good sendoff when he finally does hang up the cleats.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#50 : December 31, 2012, 12:00:49 AM

IF he leaves, thank goodness it's on his own terms and not due to injury or being cut. I think it is time because once you reach your late 30's, that 0.5 second step costs ya. I've met him several times at driving ranges and golf courses when he was still young (as was I) and he is a first class man, not just a football player. The reverence we should show for his career is right up there with the best in the game, no matter what the biased national media might say. Ronde, if this is it, thanks for the memories, you reminded everyone that the "experts" are not always right about ability nor desire to win.

NovaBuc

Starter

#51 : December 31, 2012, 02:16:51 AM

Just an idea on who he will be going up against to be enshrined on his first shot, there will be a ton of leftovers from this year, including either Sapp or Strahan (my guess is one makes it this year, the other doesn't, and I think Strahan makes it), maybe Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, I don't think Jerome Bettis makes it this year, if Art Modell doesn't make it this year cause it's so crowded, he's a LOCK for 2014, Tagliabue still has a good case, then Marvin Harrison and Tony Dungy are both first timers.  And that's just a small group that's likely going to be there, not including guys that will get the sympathy votes like Carter and Jacoby who have possibly been waiting a long time.  It's HARD to be a first-ballot guy.

Harrison a first ballot choice? I don't think so.. while he was great and is a lock for the HOF, I don't think he gets in first ballot. Still have Carter, Brown and Reed at WR waiting to get in - plus WRs going in on the first ballot is on the rare side. Outside of Largent and Rice I don't think there's been one since the 70s off the top of my head. Plus, Harrison has that whole possible murder thing that I don't think has been resolved, though it hasn't been reported very much.

Also, I don't think Dungy goes in on the first ballot. Coaches tend to take a while. If Parcells isn't in yet, not sure a case can be made for Dungy. He'll likely have to wait, respected though he is.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 31, 2012, 02:32:51 AM

As you said, still have those guys waiting.  Still have so many guys waiting, and so few guys that make it as a first-balloter.   Look at the last few first-ballot guys.  Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, Bruce Matthews, Reggie White, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Dan Marino.  Darrell Green is probably the WORST of that list, and he was one of the most beloved guys by the media on top of how good he was.  And Brooks, as great as he was, as undoubtedly he is going to make the HOF, he's not quite in that class.

gone

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 31, 2012, 02:44:52 AM

Who cares about Ronde? We should've lost. It's all about the draft pick, right?

You troll worse than you pass, Josh.

Go back to making excuses for your **CENSORED** play.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#54 : December 31, 2012, 07:34:27 AM

I'd love to see him play another 2-3 years :)

I hope he learned something about the way the team handled Sapp, Lynch, Brooks and leaves while he's in a good place. Don't let this get ugly like it was for those guys.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#55 : December 31, 2012, 08:31:18 AM

Ronde has a job waiting for him. He's got to be better than some of the analysts the networks are using.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: StePhen Holder on Ronde « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools