Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing in common all the playoff teams have « previous next »
Page: 1

El Diablo

Starter

: January 02, 2013, 10:27:10 AM

Every single team in the playoffs gets after the QB and has a front four that can rush the passer. It's the MOST important factor to having a good defense and that's where I think we should spend our first pick. Trade up or do whatever you have to do to get someone that makes plays. Not one of our d-lineman gets consistent pressure and our linebackers can't get to the qb when we blitz. It makes me sick when we had teams in third and long downs all year and not even touching the passer. A good pass rush will make corners look much better because it throws off the timing of the plays. We can grab a corner in the second or third because this class of db's all look the same to me with no real stand outs. Lets trade a pick and get Javis Jones and maybe grab a DT and CB in FA.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 02, 2013, 10:44:44 AM

The collective QBR of the playoff teams QB's is 95 - and that is with Lucks sub 80 figure pulling that average down. Collective defensive allowed passer rating is 81 and that is because the Colts and Vikes both allow 90+ QBR's any likely tells you why neither will be in the playoffs very long.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

I agree it starts with a pass rush. I tend to think we have the horses we need, we just need them all healthy and playing at the same time. I wouldn't be against a pass rush upgrade over Roy Miller. While he was good against the run all year, he was very very bad rusher the passer all year. I think we'll see Bowers bumped down inside on passing downs so we can have Clayborn, Bowers, McCoy and Bennett all rushing the passer.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 02, 2013, 11:10:12 AM

I think we need one more RELENTLESS, highly productive pass rusher. Could be a FA like Freeney or a high draft pick. If Bennett wants too much money, let him walk.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 02, 2013, 11:10:42 AM

Do you fans seriously believe we have no pass rushers? From week one we were consistently number one in rush defense. The players are not the problem. The schemes and plays for pass defense is the biggest problem.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2013, 12:20:21 PM

Do you fans seriously believe we have no pass rushers? From week one we were consistently number one in rush defense. The players are not the problem. The schemes and plays for pass defense is the biggest problem.

The scheme is bad, the line stunts don't help the pass rush but at the same time we've got one quick twitch guy - McCoy and everyone else we have is more of the relentless type you want. I don't want Mr Coverage Sack I want the guy that breaks down the play before we need to cover people. Bowers might be that guy or might have been before the injuries but he's the best hope for edge rush.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2013, 12:36:39 PM

A team can never have too many pass rushers. We have many DE's who can play, but IMO are short on DT's that can dent a pass pocket. If we did, we'd have had far more sacks. we have NOT as yet replaced Brian Price, who looked like he coulda been a stud.
      Our DE's often did penetrate, but the QB just stepped up out of the DE's path. And we all know a CB looks his best with a good pass rush...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 02, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

All of the Bucs defensive ends all have the same attributes - they need an edge rusher that can bend the corner, plant his outside foot in the dirt, dip his shoulder and shot to the quarterback - we need a speed rusher currently the team has power rushers.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 02, 2013, 12:59:11 PM

Well all know that it starts up front.  BUT....I think the bigger problem with the Bucs is that our CB's can't cover early.  It's too easy for QB's to take a 3 step drop and hit someone.  You can't expect our Dline to disrupt the play that quickly.  The other problem as has been mentioned is scheme.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 02, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Well all know that it starts up front.  BUT....I think the bigger problem with the Bucs is that our CB's can't cover early.  It's too easy for QB's to take a 3 step drop and hit someone.  You can't expect our Dline to disrupt the play that quickly.  The other problem as has been mentioned is scheme.

We didn't have top notch CBs but at the same time schemes were a problem. Playing over five yards off a WRs (consistently) is not a good idea and we did that all season. Also, our safeties didn't help much downfield.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 02, 2013, 01:36:19 PM

Er....is this really a fact?  The Redskins really have an anemic pass rush.  Indy is ok, but not great, and the Ravens are inconsistent at getting to the QB at best.  And Atlanta gets pressure, but rarely gets to the QB.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 02, 2013, 02:15:01 PM

Well all know that it starts up front.  BUT....I think the bigger problem with the Bucs is that our CB's can't cover early.  It's too easy for QB's to take a 3 step drop and hit someone.  You can't expect our Dline to disrupt the play that quickly.

This has been an issue since the NYG game.  People were whining about not enough Safety help, but those WR's were beating their DB's right off of the LOS.  I never saw an adjustment until the last game of the season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2013, 02:26:10 PM

I agree it starts with a pass rush. I tend to think we have the horses we need, we just need them all healthy and playing at the same time. I wouldn't be against a pass rush upgrade over Roy Miller. While he was good against the run all year, he was very very bad rusher the passer all year. I think we'll see Bowers bumped down inside on passing downs so we can have Clayborn, Bowers, McCoy and Bennett all rushing the passer.

This +1.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

yungbull

Starter
#13 : January 02, 2013, 03:10:29 PM

This +1.

I agree as well, but can you really expect all of our guys to stay healthy at the same time if they haven't done so in the past?  I wouldn't even mind upgrading Roy Miller in the 1st.  I love some of the DT NT prospects in this draft.  That along with added depth would dramatically help the pass rush. 

Our CBs needing upgrade is a given, but im in the mindset there are several guys post Milliner are pretty even and can be selected in the 2nd and mid rds.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing in common all the playoff teams have « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools