Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 College Football Team Captains « previous next »
Page: 1

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

: January 02, 2013, 11:45:58 AM

Does anyone know if there is a place you can get a list of college football Team Captains for 2012?

With our previous draft history, it would be interesting to compare the list of needs to team captains.

For example, I don't believe any of the top CBs are team captains.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#1 : January 02, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

Going to start listing a few from Big Schools I found

Alabama
C Barrett Jones
OG Chance Warmack
DE/DT Damian Square

Arkansas
QB Tyler Wilson
DE/LB Tank Wright
LB Alonzo Highsmith Jr
DL Alred Davis
C Travis Swanson
RB Kniles Davis

Boston College
OT Emmett Cleary
S Jim Noel
TE Chris Pantale
DT Kaleb Ramsey

Michigan State
LB Max Bullough
QB Andrew Maxwell
LB Chris Norman

Notre Dame
LB Manti Teo
TE Tyler Efiert
DE Kapron Lewis-Moore
OT Zack Martin

Ohio State
DL John Simon
FB Zach Boren
LB Etienne Sabino
DL Garrett Goebel
RB Jordan Hall

Stanford
LB Chase Thomas
RB Stepfan Taylor
C Sam Schwartzstein
: January 02, 2013, 02:23:10 PM BaghdadJoe54

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 02, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

The whole college team captain thing is very over rated IMO.
Just look at our 2011 season, the last 3 drafts had a big time focus on that and yet the team quit on the fans, the coach, the each other & themselves while dropping 10 straight.
Didn't help much then.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 02, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

Agreed...putting a large emphasis on a college team captain was/is stupid.  And doesn't seem hypocritical to have that as one of your criteria then sign a guy like Eric Wright or even  Mike Williams(definitely NOT a team cpt).  Next year we HAVE to make the playoffs.  Five years is MORE than enough time to build a winner.  If we don't make it...Dom should be fired on black monday.  He was questionable...still is...

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#4 : January 02, 2013, 04:03:48 PM

I agree.  I almost see us going without a team captain this year under the notion our rebuild is done and that was a big factor during the "rebuild phase"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2013, 04:11:49 PM

Agreed...putting a large emphasis on a college team captain was/is stupid.  And doesn't seem hypocritical to have that as one of your criteria then sign a guy like Eric Wright or even  Mike Williams(definitely NOT a team cpt).  Next year we HAVE to make the playoffs.  Five years is MORE than enough time to build a winner.  If we don't make it...Dom should be fired on black monday.  He was questionable...still is...

Prior to Schiano was not rebuilding. It was saying money. We have serious issues to address before talking about playoffs. I could see if we went 9-7 and missed the playoffs.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 College Football Team Captains « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools