Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson = 2012 MVP « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 30, 2012, 07:48:43 PM

I'm sure many will say Peyton should get this, but I'm going with Peterson.  Peyton has had a great year, but no other player has meant more to a team than Peterson. 

If anything, they should have Co-MVP's this year AND Co-Comeback Player of the Year Awards.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 30, 2012, 07:51:34 PM

Hey they had Co-MVPs in 1997. Favre and Sanders. Why not this year?

Thanks for the sig Java!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 30, 2012, 07:52:39 PM

I just can't buy all the Peyton hype. That team went to the playoffs with Tebow under center, for crying out loud. What has Manning done that Brady hasn't.

-------------------------------------------------------

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 30, 2012, 07:54:55 PM

It'll be a great public relations story....both injured players come back and have great seasons bucking the odds.....I can see the NFL brass doing something stupid like that.

For me it's AP All Day!

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 30, 2012, 07:56:43 PM

without Peterson, the vikings are a 5 win team.....tops. That screams MVP to me.

indiana76buc

Second String

#5 : December 30, 2012, 07:59:07 PM

ho hum another manning media slurpfest mvp and playoff choke job on the way a.p. should be mvp the vikes have no passing game

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 30, 2012, 08:00:38 PM

without Peterson, the vikings are a 5 win team.....tops. That screams MVP to me.

Then give it to Luck if that's what you're judging it on.  His team won 2 games w/o him last season.  Now they are 11-5.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 30, 2012, 08:03:48 PM

I agree that AP should win or they should be co-MVPs.

Hate, no offense, but that's absolutely ridiculous. Peyton Manning is absolutely unreal and ask any coach, GM, or scout, and many would argue he is the best QB today and maybe in history. I personally don't think he is the greatest all time and I do think Brady is still number one right now, but Peyton is clearly up there. The control he has over an offense is unparalleled. He is insanely good.

NovaBuc

Starter

#8 : December 30, 2012, 08:13:22 PM

Well, considering what the Colts did last year without Peyton, you could argue that he was a huge reason for their terrible season. With Peyton starting last year, it might have still been a bad season (for a Peyton season), but I highly doubt it's the debacle last year was for them. That being said, I'd have no problem seeing Peterson get the MVP award.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 30, 2012, 08:14:08 PM

John Elway is my greatest QB of all time.  Montana would be second, followed by Peyton/Brady. 

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 30, 2012, 08:48:03 PM

John Elway is my greatest QB of all time.  Montana would be second, followed by Peyton/Brady.

Not bad rankings at all. It's so tough to rank the top guys. If Brady wins at least one more, would he move to number one?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 30, 2012, 09:23:00 PM

Hate, no offense, but that's absolutely ridiculous. Peyton Manning is absolutely unreal and ask any coach, GM, or scout, and many would argue he is the best QB today and maybe in history. I personally don't think he is the greatest all time and I do think Brady is still number one right now, but Peyton is clearly up there. The control he has over an offense is unparalleled. He is insanely good.

Again, i ask.....what has Manning done THIS YEAR to place himself above Brady.....or Rodgers for that matter?

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 30, 2012, 09:25:12 PM

It'd be a joke to give it to anyone besides Peterson.  He was Minnesota's entire offense, and every team knew it, and still couldn't stop him.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 30, 2012, 09:27:28 PM

If you're just saying that all those guys are pretty close, then I agree. I just remember, and I may be wrong, you saying Manning isn't all that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 30, 2012, 09:30:51 PM

Again, i ask.....what has Manning done THIS YEAR to place himself above Brady.....or Rodgers for that matter?

With a brand new team and teammates, he won more games, had a higher completion percentage, and higher YPA than both Brady and Rodgers.  He has more yards than Rodgers and more TD's and a higher QB rating than Brady.  And again, this is all with a new team and offense, including the set of receivers, backs, and OL.

I'm not sure how you can't be impressed with what Manning's done, after missing an entire season because of multiple neck surgeries.  People weren't even sure if he would be able to throw again in the NFL.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson = 2012 MVP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools