Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson = 2012 MVP « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 30, 2012, 09:35:03 PM

Peterson - MVP.
Manning - Comeback player.

..IMO.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 30, 2012, 09:41:21 PM

Peterson needs to win comeback player of the year for sure...and I agree. Without Peterson that team is competing for the #1 pick in the draft. Denver is a very good team and Manning made them better...but like others have said...they were a playoff team with Tebow and are still a playoff team. Also, Peterson just had the 2nd best rushing mark in NFL history and was 1 holding penalty away from having the record. They have to at least vote CO-MVP or give it to Peterson by himself.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 30, 2012, 09:45:25 PM

If you're just saying that all those guys are pretty close, then I agree. I just remember, and I may be wrong, you saying Manning isn't all that.

If this was directed to me...i said i'm not buying the Manning hype and haven't seen anything to warrant him being MVP. Comeback Player? Hell yea. Rodgers has more TDs, less INTs and a higher QB rating.

Peterson, on the other hand, IS the Vikings offense. Everyone knows whats coming and can't stop it. He is THE most valuable player in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

-ts

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 30, 2012, 10:24:58 PM

Hate I think you keep skirting around the fact that he has done this all in new surroundings with a complete different cast. That far outways whatever he isn't quite leading the others in. You put any other QB in that situation and they have an average year at best. You also say AD is the Vike's offense, agreed, but Peyton is the Broncos offense even more, simply because he might as well literally be the OC as well.

However with that said, I would give the award to AD. #2 though is with out a doubt, Peyton.
: December 30, 2012, 10:26:30 PM -ts

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2012, 10:42:37 PM

Hate, I personally agree that Peterson should be MVP, but you shouldn't take away anything from what Peyton has done this year and over his career. He's a special QB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 30, 2012, 11:17:06 PM

Hate, I personally agree that Peterson should be MVP, but you shouldn't take away anything from what Peyton has done this year and over his career. He's a special QB.

This isn't a career achievement award

Hate I think you keep skirting around the fact that he has done this all in new surroundings with a complete different cast. That far outways whatever he isn't quite leading the others in. You put any other QB in that situation and they have an average year at best. You also say AD is the Vike's offense, agreed, but Peyton is the Broncos offense even more, simply because he might as well literally be the OC as well.

No skirting here. I simply don't see the new offense/cast as that big of a deal. That team was talented before he got there.

-------------------------------------------------------

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2012, 09:36:05 AM

Peyton has had a great year, but I'm with Hate...Tim Tebow won in that offense, so you had to figure Peyton would as well.  Denver had a great supporting cast and even better defense, so it was a great situation for him to step into.

On the other hand, without Peterson, the Vikings simply don't win.  I will say the play of Christian Ponder has been great as well; it made it difficult for defenses with his arm and legs.  I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Packers again next week. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 31, 2012, 09:40:06 AM

Peterson - MVP.
Manning - Comeback player.

..IMO.

That would be my vote as well.

Turn the page.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 31, 2012, 10:01:45 AM

I just can't buy all the Peyton hype. That team went to the playoffs with Tebow under center, for crying out loud. What has Manning done that Brady hasn't.

Can't the same be said with replacing the name Tebow with Cassel and Manning with Brady (circa 2008)?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson = 2012 MVP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools