Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 30, 2012, 08:06:50 PM

It is agonizing watching him play...he will do something great like allude the rush and throw a strike for a TD or feel a little pressure and throw a pick all the while staring down the receiver?!  With that said, he has some intangibles and records which speak for themselves.  So if you're Schiano, what do you do during the off season to make this guy better:

1. Bring in a proven back up to compete for the starting job.  Freeman's career reminds me of Terry Bradshaw's...although Freeman has had a better start to his.  When the Steelers brought in a player to compete for the starting position against Bradshaw, it changed him.  This is something I believe is HIGH on Schiano's list.

2. Off season work out to BULK back up...the guy has gotten to small.  In fact, drug test him; I believe he is high most of the time on the field the way he looks around with his Betty Davis eyes?!  Seriously, the guy needs to go to tough camp; learn to trust his legs and run more.

3. Track his personal life and see if the rumors are true.  If so, challenge him to be a leader on and off the field.

For me, #1 is the key to Freeman making the impact he has the potential to do.  Consistency is what we are looking for, and with a QB competing for his job, it would go a long way for him to know nothing is given. 

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : December 30, 2012, 08:07:34 PM

He peaked in 2009/2010.   He'll only regress from now on.

cgnumber7

Starter

#2 : December 30, 2012, 08:08:00 PM

to answer your question....a miracle

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 30, 2012, 08:15:59 PM

get a psychiatrist, get a better QB coach, get a TE that can block and catch, get a good slot receiver, get him some dance lessons

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 30, 2012, 08:16:50 PM

He may regress, but he will be the starting QB next year unless we go out and bring in a veteran who can compete with him for the starting job....this should be the goal during the off season.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#5 : December 30, 2012, 08:30:28 PM

Find out how to make him more accurate on short and intermediate throws.

Do that.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 30, 2012, 08:49:41 PM

Practice

McCoy93

Starter

#7 : December 30, 2012, 08:58:27 PM

what you see with freeman now is what your gonna get for the rest of his career

cgnumber7

Starter

#8 : December 30, 2012, 08:59:59 PM

taco bell

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 30, 2012, 09:09:17 PM

It is agonizing watching him play...he will do something great like allude the rush and throw a strike for a TD or feel a little pressure and throw a pick all the while staring down the receiver?!  With that said, he has some intangibles and records which speak for themselves.  So if you're Schiano, what do you do during the off season to make this guy better:

1. Bring in a proven back up to compete for the starting job.  Freeman's career reminds me of Terry Bradshaw's...although Freeman has had a better start to his.  When the Steelers brought in a player to compete for the starting position against Bradshaw, it changed him.  This is something I believe is HIGH on Schiano's list.

2. Off season work out to BULK back up...the guy has gotten to small.  In fact, drug test him; I believe he is high most of the time on the field the way he looks around with his Betty Davis eyes?!  Seriously, the guy needs to go to tough camp; learn to trust his legs and run more.

3. Track his personal life and see if the rumors are true.  If so, challenge him to be a leader on and off the field.

For me, #1 is the key to Freeman making the impact he has the potential to do.  Consistency is what we are looking for, and with a QB competing for his job, it would go a long way for him to know nothing is given.
   #1 for sure, along with "challenge him to be a leader on and off the field".
Bradshaw, #1 pick in '70, was god-awful early on; totally undisciplined; then suddenly the lightbulb went on.
Steelers drafted Joe Gilliam, a Howard Cossell favorite, in the 11th round of the '72 draft. He had some success; I remember the MNF game where Cossell was raving about Gilliam before Dolphin SS got 2 pick sixes off him in the first half; LOVED it!! And Terry Hanratty was taken in '69, and finished up a Buc, backing up Mr. Spurrier for a year.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 30, 2012, 09:34:36 PM

As dumb as the idea sounded when it was first floated it looks like getting a shrink to help him work out some mental issues could help the most.
Second would be a backup that at least shows the team is thinking "you screw up again and you're watching from the bench."
Third a real high level TE
Fourth and upgrade at WR depth, if that means moving #3 down to #5 and getting 2 new guys so be it

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 30, 2012, 09:40:54 PM

Sports Shrink.

After a mistake his play for the remainder of the game just goes straight into the toilet.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 30, 2012, 09:48:00 PM

I am starting to think he lacks the instincts to succeed at the pro level.   And you can't buy those or learn them.

I have been his biggest fan, but its not looking good right now.  I hope I am wrong, and he comes back next season looking like Tom Brady.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 30, 2012, 09:54:55 PM

I don't think he will get better. I think this it. So unless our defense becomes dominant.....I'm trying to get mentally prepared for constant frustration and disappointment until the organization decides to  move on.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 30, 2012, 09:58:55 PM

When it comes to leadership, you either have it or you don't.... you don't learn it.  Freeman obviously doesn't have it.  Also, if you need to bring in competition to push Freeman, then that's another red flag.  Franchise QB's that have "IT", don't need to be pushed... they just take "IT".  Bottom line is, if you need to convince Freeman that he has to be the leader or need to bring in someone to push him in that direction, you might as well just replace him and move on.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools