Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 30, 2012, 10:01:38 PM

I don't think he will get better. I think this it. So unless our defense becomes dominant.....I'm trying to get mentally prepared for constant frustration and disappointment until the organization decides to  move on.

Even if we had a dominant defense, you can count on Free to throw a very untimely pick here and there,  to let the other team right back into the game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

#16 : December 30, 2012, 10:02:49 PM

Freeman will be the starter going into next season; I just hope they bring in a developmental guy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 30, 2012, 10:06:00 PM

I agree AJ, but a dominant defense is the only thing that will make him appear to be better imo.

I'll take Kirk Cousins. Hell....I'd take Tyrod Taylor over Freeman. Pretty much anyone that is young, unproven, with upside...would get  me more excited about 2013. I've seen enough of Freeman and I don't want to spend another season hoping he proves me wrong.
: December 30, 2012, 10:07:40 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2012, 10:08:20 PM

I agree AJ, but a dominant defense is the only thing that will make him appear to be better imo.

I'll take Kirk Cousins. Hell....I'd take Tyrod Taylor over Freeman. Pretty much anyone that is young, unproven, with upside...would get  me more excited about 2013.

Yes it would defitnitly help.   I am pretty down on him right now, I hope he can change my mind going forward.
I

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

McCoy93

Starter

#19 : December 30, 2012, 10:17:42 PM

People say this is a weak QB draft because there is no Andrew Luck type prospect; but there are plenty of prospects you can sit for a year or two and could possibly be solid starters in a couple of year

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 30, 2012, 10:23:38 PM

A dominant defense that scores more than the Bears D did this year.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 30, 2012, 10:30:22 PM

W-e-l-l , as noted earlier in this thread, Terry Bradshaw was a horrible decision maker for several years, then suddenly he 'got' it and settled into being a very good QB. True, his supporting cast was incredibly talented and included a dominant O'line and run game. And Lynn Swann/John Stallworth weren't shabby as his WR's either...
     Guys can learn responsibility and leadership if they really, really WANT it. Most who fail are afraid of it. My impression is Josh does want it, and IMO Schiano is an outstanding teacher; the man exudes leadership and responsibility. I need look no further than Eric LeGrand...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 30, 2012, 10:52:12 PM

Relax people. The jury is definitely still out on Josh but it's not time to get rid of him.. He has to start being more accurate with the ball. I think if he can do that...he will be fine. He may never be elite...but he can definitely be a good QB in the NFL...and you can win with just a good QB.

I think having a 2nd year with this offensive system, a 2nd year around these players, a better O-line with Joseph/Nicks back and thus a better running game, Josh will be better next year. He has no excuses next year. He will be in a contract year and should have even more weapons and a better defense to get him the ball more. If he regresses then we might have our answer. If he improves...then that's all we can ask for.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 30, 2012, 10:56:24 PM

Relax people. The jury is definitely still out on Josh but it's not time to get rid of him.. He has to start being more accurate with the ball. I think if he can do that...he will be fine. He may never be elite...but he can definitely be a good QB in the NFL...and you can win with just a good QB.

I think having a 2nd year with this offensive system, a 2nd year around these players, a better O-line with Joseph/Nicks back and thus a better running game, Josh will be better next year. He has no excuses next year. He will be in a contract year and should have even more weapons and a better defense to get him the ball more. If he regresses then we might have our answer. If he improves...then that's all we can ask for.

Those 2 options are fine, you know where you stand.  But what if.....he plays the same as this season?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 30, 2012, 11:00:45 PM

At what point do wins/losses matter when it comes to a QB? I'm tired of the excuses, the "he's still young" talk, etc. It's time for Freeman to lead this team to wins and the playoffs.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 30, 2012, 11:04:54 PM

... get on same page with his WRs, build some chemistry.
To be honest, Spurlock seemed to be the only one that was on same page with #5, atleast to some degree, but under 20 catches might not be a great sample. Mabye add K2 to that list, but it always felt more like confidence in each other, rather than being on same page.
I would not call him inaccurate, he just seems to be still unsure about WHERE to place the ball, rather than being unable to get the ball there.
I do not care about his personal life, all those rumors are jokes compared to what i know about other players' off field activities.
No clue how a veteran back up can help here, what is the job of a QB coach again? And a coach does not have to be a NFL caliber QB.
No clue how compition helps on the QB postion, when BOTH can NOT share snaps. Not even during the week, you overestimate the time teams have between games here. This might work for RBs, but QB do not complement each other, they EXCLUDE each other.
If Freeman does not have the passion to play/improve, a 'youngry' back up wont change anything about it. He will just replace him, IF he is better than him. No problem with this scenario though. Thats why i lobby for making a decision about his(OUR) future this off season, do not just sit and wait, hoping Freeman becomes great all of a sudden.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#26 : December 30, 2012, 11:31:45 PM

For a young Joe Montana to enter his body. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 31, 2012, 09:31:03 AM

I'm going to be optimistic and believe Freeman can turn things around.  There are a LOT of positives he and the coaching staff can build on from 2012.  I believe a REAL QB competition in the off season, leadership courses, and learning to be more consistent is the key. 

There are just some things that kill me though.  The BUG eyes of bewilderment when he throws a pick or misses an open receiver by 20 yards.  STARING down receivers...will he ever stop doing this? (this is the reason for so many batted passes).  Checking out of plays that require him to make accurate throws; has anyone ever noticed this?  No FIRE....pump your guys up on the sideline instead of acting like they are the problem?  Didn't know if anyone else noticed this, but Freeman went over to Jackson after he threw him a ball in multiple coverage and Jackson got whacked....you could tell Jackson was frustrated and gave that look to Freeman.

We have the best receiver core this team has ever had in my opinion.  We need a QB who can feed them.  Williams & Jackson have pulled balls off the ground, out of the air so many times this year to save Freeman from looking worse. 

It's going to be a LONG off season....AGAIN.

Go Bucs

Madman

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 31, 2012, 10:22:41 AM

Sports shrink is right. On short throws he looks like a pitcher who can't find the plate or a second baseman who suddenly can't throw to first.

Hopefully he'll be more comfortable in the system next year so we don't have to see his wide eyed stare at the LOS.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 31, 2012, 10:28:17 AM

This is year 4 ....he is who he is folks. This hope that he miraculously finds a better inner QB is a dream not reality.

We can try and make the team better but we aren't gonna make him better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools