Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 31, 2012, 10:32:08 AM

People say this is a weak QB draft because there is no Andrew Luck type prospect; but there are plenty of prospects you can sit for a year or two and could possibly be solid starters in a couple of year
The league is overwhelmingly helmed by 1st round picks at QB. The numbers show there is next to no use to grooming mid round picks. You're much better off going all-in with a top prospect than trying to develop some average college player.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#31 : December 31, 2012, 10:33:45 AM

If he can just work on his short passes and pocket movement he'll be worlds better.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 31, 2012, 10:51:55 AM

I'm going to be optimistic and believe Freeman can turn things around.  There are a LOT of positives he and the coaching staff can build on from 2012.  I believe a REAL QB competition in the off season, leadership courses, and learning to be more consistent is the key. 

There are just some things that kill me though.  The BUG eyes of bewilderment when he throws a pick or misses an open receiver by 20 yards.  STARING down receivers...will he ever stop doing this? (this is the reason for so many batted passes).  Checking out of plays that require him to make accurate throws; has anyone ever noticed this?  No FIRE....pump your guys up on the sideline instead of acting like they are the problem?  Didn't know if anyone else noticed this, but Freeman went over to Jackson after he threw him a ball in multiple coverage and Jackson got whacked....you could tell Jackson was frustrated and gave that look to Freeman.

We have the best receiver core this team has ever had in my opinion.  We need a QB who can feed them.  Williams & Jackson have pulled balls off the ground, out of the air so many times this year to save Freeman from looking worse. 

It's going to be a LONG off season....AGAIN.

Go Bucs

Haha. In one paragraph you went from "I'm going to be optimistic" to "it's going to be a long season....AGAIN!" I know man, it is hard to support a guy when deep down you know he is a sinking ship. That's why I finally gave up. He's a nice guy, but he stinks as an NFL QB. I truly believe we'd be better off in the long run if we just cut ties and moved on.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 31, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

I'm going to be optimistic and believe Freeman can turn things around.  There are a LOT of positives he and the coaching staff can build on from 2012.  I believe a REAL QB competition in the off season, leadership courses, and learning to be more consistent is the key. 

There are just some things that kill me though.  The BUG eyes of bewilderment when he throws a pick or misses an open receiver by 20 yards.  STARING down receivers...will he ever stop doing this? (this is the reason for so many batted passes).  Checking out of plays that require him to make accurate throws; has anyone ever noticed this?  No FIRE....pump your guys up on the sideline instead of acting like they are the problem?  Didn't know if anyone else noticed this, but Freeman went over to Jackson after he threw him a ball in multiple coverage and Jackson got whacked....you could tell Jackson was frustrated and gave that look to Freeman.

We have the best receiver core this team has ever had in my opinion.  We need a QB who can feed them.  Williams & Jackson have pulled balls off the ground, out of the air so many times this year to save Freeman from looking worse. 

It's going to be a LONG off season....AGAIN.

Go Bucs

Haha. In one paragraph you went from "I'm going to be optimistic" to "it's going to be a long season....AGAIN!" I know man, it is hard to support a guy when deep down you know he is a sinking ship. That's why I finally gave up. He's a nice guy, but he stinks as an NFL QB. I truly believe we'd be better off in the long run if we just cut ties and moved on.

Dub, he said long "OFF" season, not season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 31, 2012, 11:16:25 AM

Yeah typo on my part, but it just made me laugh that he started out positive and then seemed to immediately start sinking lower and lower. It's like man I'm gonna support Freeman and hope he gets better....but he sucks. I don't know. Made me chuckle. Guess it reminds me of my own thinking for the last few years.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 31, 2012, 11:46:36 AM

If he can just work on his short passes and pocket movement he'll be worlds better.

Agreed. He showed a glimpse of his old pocket movement on that 1st TD pass to Mike Williams in the Atlanta game. It's a part of his game he desperately needs to get back.

Still waiting for him to learn to look off safeties also...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Will it Take For Freeman To Get Better For 2013?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools