Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: once again josh freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

bucball1

Rookie

: December 31, 2012, 09:17:33 AM

I was just reading on another site about josh Freeman rotoworld.com. How his future is murky with the buccaneers he is owed 8.5million for the love of god he is not the answer. All people will know an remember about Freeman he isn't winner he was not a winner in college an it has just transfer to the league. An if this coach is not wise he will be the second victim of Josh Freeman so he may need to start looking for his own qb. Once again you can't win with a loser

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 31, 2012, 09:21:32 AM

Not many options out there right now.  I think the front office will be looking but I don't think there is a better option for now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : December 31, 2012, 09:31:50 AM

I was just reading on another site about josh Freeman rotoworld.com. How his future is murky with the buccaneers he is owed 8.5million for the love of god he is not the answer. All people will know an remember about Freeman he isn't winner he was not a winner in college an it has just transfer to the league. An if this coach is not wise he will be the second victim of Josh Freeman so he may need to start looking for his own qb. Once again you can't win with a loser

any ideas who you'd replace him with?

bucball1

Rookie

#3 : December 31, 2012, 09:49:34 AM

No not right now who l could see replacing him. But you must have a plan in mine because if not you see Black Monday for coaches an gms today if they pay Freeman this could be Tampa bay next year

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 31, 2012, 09:51:34 AM

so just to get this straight - you want to get rid of Freeman but you don't have a replacement in mind.....sounds like a piss poor plan, imo.

bucball1

Rookie

#5 : December 31, 2012, 10:01:21 AM

What is it do Freeman have you people voodooed or what are you not watching him week in an week out he almost gave the game away yesterday

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 31, 2012, 10:06:06 AM

What is it do Freeman have you people voodooed or what are you not watching him week in an week out he almost gave the game away yesterday

freeman doesnt have many voodoo'd.  but it is appreciated when posters bring ideas rather than just complaints.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 31, 2012, 10:12:32 AM

freeman doesnt have many voodoo'd.  but it is appreciated when posters bring ideas rather than just complaints.

^This!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2012, 10:17:56 AM

bucball1 your posts are tough to read. Please use some kind of grammer (i.e.- periods, comma)

I'm not a big Freeman fan but what else do the Bucs have? I think Freeman will be fine if we can keep the OL healthy and get some better quality depth there. The Secondary needs to be shored up and another DE or two can help the pass rush.

Anyone else notice that the teams the Bucs struggled the most against this year where the Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Saints. What do these teams have in common? All teams have first handd knowledge of a Giants style run offense. Some will question the Saints but all you have to look at is who is the DC in New Orleans for that answer.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 31, 2012, 10:18:54 AM

OP, you can't just get rid of a player without a backup plan. Did you happen to see any of the games yesterday? The pathetic teams of the leagues are those without an established QB - and most of the head coaches being fired today are having QB problems.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2012, 10:27:08 AM

All of these Freeman threads and zero on what to do with our historically bad secondary. Very, very telling about the football IQ for a lot of people on this board. Freeman plays next season. Fix the secondary, sign some depth, stay healthy, go to the playoffs. That's the plan. End of debate.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

DailyRich68

Starter
#11 : December 31, 2012, 10:31:01 AM

Who'll be available in free agency to replace?  Who's available for trade?  Who's going to be in the draft at 13 that's worth that pick?

Say what you want about Freeman and his flaws -- lord knows I have -- but 4065-27-17 is a QB stat line plenty of teams would love to be dealing with right now.  Just ask Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 31, 2012, 10:32:27 AM

All of these Freeman threads and zero on what to do with our historically bad secondary. Very, very telling about the football IQ for a lot of people on this board. Freeman plays next season. Fix the secondary, sign some depth, stay healthy, go to the playoffs. That's the plan. End of debate.

as its been pointed out, its not a one or the other proposition.  both sides can be improved.  i believe that schiano had sheridan running his defense this year.  i believe that schiano had to find out first hand what works in the NFL and what doesnt.  i fully expect changes in the way the secondary plays next year.  but there were a lot of positives in the defense which shouldnt be overlooked.  can the team find a happy medium between an amazing rush defense and an awful pass defense?  i believe so, but im a fan.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 31, 2012, 11:08:04 AM

Bad secondary makes Freeman totally erratic and inaccurate? Bad secondary makes Freeman blame his receivers for his bad throws? Makes him stare down receivers and never make it past his second read? Makes his short throw accuracy horrendous and his mid throw accuracy only slightly better? Makes him a deer in the headlights after four years that only finds success when his two elite receivers make amazing catches on deep jump balls? Makes him unable to check out of run plays when there is 8 guys in the box? Makes him throw balls that get his guys killed? Wow. The secondary does all that.....but you are questioning other people's football IQ?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 31, 2012, 11:09:58 AM

Having one of the NFLs worst defenses places more pressure on the leader of the offense to produce.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: once again josh freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools