Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: once again josh freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

moose40

Hall of Famer
#105 : January 02, 2013, 09:28:26 AM

out of 12 playoff teams, don't six of them have qb's with less experience than Freeman? While they might not be lighting it up, they led their teams to playoffs in either their first or second year playing... we're still waiting for our 24 (or is it 25 yet) year old qb to figure out how to throw a football on target more then twice a game. And that's all that matters isn't it? Getting your team into the chase for the trophy?

6 teams in the playoffs started over in the last two years and it's paying dividends for them right now. Only an intern would argue that starting over is a bad thing when you know that you have a mediocre qb (don't care that he set franchise records, because it's the futile offensive history of the Bucs) and want to get better.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 02, 2013, 08:46:31 PM

Playing devil's advocate...Freeman is 24-34 with horrible defenses.  I still say he gets next year to prove himself CONSISTENT because realistically he is as up and down as a roller coaster at six flags.  It will never work out if he has eight elite games and eight games as the 35th rated passer.  It just never will and many of us need to come to terms with that.  Inconsistent will NEVER EVER win at this level.

I agree the defenses haven't been very good, but other QBs win w/"bad" defenses.

Yeah, other QBs with established coaching staffs, schemes, and on veteran rosters. Your problem is you cherry pick your "facts" to suit your argument. Freeman has had none of those advantages since he has been in the league. The roster is definitely getting better and more experienced, and Schiano and his schemes will be just fine in the future.

Excuses!!! Love 'em!

Meanwhile, the QBs in DC, Indy, Seattle, Cincy, and Minny say the f*ck w/your excuses.

Beyond rookie or second year QBs, your point doesn't hold water. Each of those teams are loaded with veteran players and experienced coaching staffs. Shanahan has coached two other NFL teams and won two SBs. Pagano is no newbie, Pete Carrol was the HC in New England back before Belichick, Marvin Lewis has been the Bengals' HC since 2002, and the Vikes are in the playoffs because of their HOF bound RB.

You are definitely high on Tatmanfish's list list of retards, and, I might add, a real azzhole.

"Established scheme" or not, still a 1st or 2nd yr QB running those schemes.

Just stop w/the excuses.

I'd hold off on crowning those rookie QBs just yet. Film is a helluva equalizer. Ask Cam Newton. Josh Freeman was brilliant in his first full year as a starter too. Defensive Coordinators catch up quickly once they have film. BTW, which 2nd year QBs are you talking about who were "lighting it up"?

RG3 and Luck both had bad defenses and as 1st yr QBs, their teams are in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, this team is yet to make the playoffs in any of Freeman's 4 seasons. 24-34, but I know, it's the fault of the following:

defense
secondary
new coach
new system
etc
etc
etc

Some QBs can overcome bad defensive play while others can't. I think we know which category Freeman falls into.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 02, 2013, 08:48:41 PM

There's a big difference between excuses and reasons. Some people just don't get it and never will.

And some people will continue to blame inconsistency and throwing into double/triple coverage on the team's bad secondary play. That's an excuse, surely not a reason.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 03, 2013, 07:54:26 AM

Playing devil's advocate...Freeman is 24-34 with horrible defenses.  I still say he gets next year to prove himself CONSISTENT because realistically he is as up and down as a roller coaster at six flags.  It will never work out if he has eight elite games and eight games as the 35th rated passer.  It just never will and many of us need to come to terms with that.  Inconsistent will NEVER EVER win at this level.

I agree the defenses haven't been very good, but other QBs win w/"bad" defenses.

Yeah, other QBs with established coaching staffs, schemes, and on veteran rosters. Your problem is you cherry pick your "facts" to suit your argument. Freeman has had none of those advantages since he has been in the league. The roster is definitely getting better and more experienced, and Schiano and his schemes will be just fine in the future.

Excuses!!! Love 'em!

Meanwhile, the QBs in DC, Indy, Seattle, Cincy, and Minny say the f*ck w/your excuses.

Beyond rookie or second year QBs, your point doesn't hold water. Each of those teams are loaded with veteran players and experienced coaching staffs. Shanahan has coached two other NFL teams and won two SBs. Pagano is no newbie, Pete Carrol was the HC in New England back before Belichick, Marvin Lewis has been the Bengals' HC since 2002, and the Vikes are in the playoffs because of their HOF bound RB.

You are definitely high on Tatmanfish's list list of retards, and, I might add, a real azzhole.

Just stop w/the excuses.

I'd hold off on crowning those rookie QBs just yet. Film is a helluva equalizer. Ask Cam Newton. Josh Freeman was brilliant in his first full year as a starter too. Defensive Coordinators catch up quickly once they have film. BTW, which 2nd year QBs are you talking about who were "lighting it up"?

RG3 and Luck both had bad defenses and as 1st yr QBs, their teams are in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, this team is yet to make the playoffs in any of Freeman's 4 seasons. 24-34, but I know, it's the fault of the following:

defense
secondary
new coach
new system
etc
etc
etc

Some QBs can overcome bad defensive play while others can't. I think we know which category Freeman falls into.

Drew Brees is another one.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 03, 2013, 01:53:09 PM

Excuses!!! Love 'em!

Just stop w/the excuses.

The same Cam Newton that in his last 7 games had a 11-2 td to interception ratio and went 5-2? Still ended up with 3800 passing yards with a 19-12 td/int ratio. Seems Cam was able to turn it on the last part of the season regardless of "tape" on him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#110 : January 03, 2013, 02:05:48 PM

Heard on the radio today the top 8 QB's in their QBR rankings are in the playoffs....weird.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: once again josh freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools