Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible DC replacements if we decide to go another way « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucfanskiz

Starter
: December 31, 2012, 11:08:58 AM

Look like Lovie and staff could be on the outs in Chicago.  Anyone thank the Bucs would be interested in bringing Rod M or Lovie back to run the D?  Is there any others out there you guys have thought about?

MarineBuc

Starter

#1 : December 31, 2012, 11:13:58 AM

I wish Rod M would come back...but, everything so far seems to indicate Lovie is going to get another HC job. Does that mean he keeps Rod with him?

Crennel is an interesting option...but rumor is that Romeo is thinking about hanging it up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 31, 2012, 11:23:16 AM

Lovie would be an interesting option.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 31, 2012, 11:23:20 AM

Lovie will get a 2nd shot elsewhere, maybe Arizona.
I just can't see Rod coming back to the Bucs after the whole situation with Joe Barry when he was Lions head coach, although Joe himself came back.

I don't think we will even be looking for a replacement, remember that was Schianos system that was being run and while we sucked at Pass D we were #1 in Run D.
Expect another year but with upgraded CBs and at least an attempt to get a legit 10+ sack a year type rusher.

MarineBuc

Starter

#4 : December 31, 2012, 11:23:32 AM

**CENSORED** Jauron and Ray Rhodes are also looking for work

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 31, 2012, 11:47:02 AM

I'm starting to wonder if we will go in a different direction at DC next year. You would think so as the pass D was not good this year. But, they really played pretty well yesterday. They blitzed less and let the DL get after the QB. I really am starting to think a lot of the issue this year came from scheme. When we let the DL rush and don't leave the CBs completely stranded, it's not as bad (I won't go as far as to say its a solution). Either way there needs to be some more talented CBs brought in. But maybe the lack of CB talent, and the run stopping mentality saves Sheridans job for another year.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 31, 2012, 11:47:50 AM

No thanks, I like having the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Now...only if we could stop having tuesday's garbage pick up as our starting CBs, that'd be great.

bucshot420

Starter

#7 : December 31, 2012, 11:48:54 AM

I have an appreciation for Lovie and his time here, however I would NEVER want him as a DC here.  He runs that Tampa2 shell constantly with a rare blitz mixed in here and there.  Yes it was successful here once upon a time, but teams have figured it out.  I'd prefer we stick with an aggressive opportunistic defense, that actually mixes in successful blitz packages.   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2012, 11:54:53 AM

It was a talent issue , as far as I'm concerned . I'm convinced that there isn't a DC alive who could succeed with that horrible secondary and inconsistent pass rush.

Stay the course and let these young guys get comfortable playing in the same defense , I say .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucshot420

Starter

#9 : December 31, 2012, 12:01:24 PM

If he gets canned, I'd like to see Ron Rivera come in and run the defense.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 31, 2012, 12:03:29 PM

I think they need to stop the constant change in staff and let Sherdian do his thing again next year. It wasn't great, but he can certainly hang his hat on that run defense. Upgrading the talent on the back end/D-Line will help a lot, IMO.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 31, 2012, 12:03:57 PM

Gaitor and Johnson will be good 3/4 CBs next year. They really have no business being 1/2 CBs, at least at this stage of their careers.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 31, 2012, 12:07:02 PM

JIM TOMSULA!!!!

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 31, 2012, 12:18:11 PM

Ill take an 8yr old with an etch-a-sketch over the current DC

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 31, 2012, 12:19:23 PM

I have an appreciation for Lovie and his time here, however I would NEVER want him as a DC here.  He runs that Tampa2 shell constantly with a rare blitz mixed in here and there.  Yes it was successful here once upon a time, but teams have figured it out.  I'd prefer we stick with an aggressive opportunistic defense, that actually mixes in successful blitz packages.

Lovie was not dismissed because of the Bears defense. The Bears were 3rd in pts allowed and 5th in yardage allowed. They also have 4 starters in the ProBowl.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible DC replacements if we decide to go another way « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools