Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible DC replacements if we decide to go another way « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 31, 2012, 12:20:22 PM

I think Sherdian stays. Which is unfortunate because there are some great defensive minds out there.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 31, 2012, 12:21:00 PM

Sheridan was calling Schiano's defense this season and, since we didn't see a whole lot of adjustments made, I have to assume that Schiano doesn't think it was the DCs problem.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 31, 2012, 12:25:39 PM

No thanks, I like having the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Now...only if we could stop having tuesday's garbage pick up as our starting CBs, that'd be great.

^This

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 31, 2012, 12:31:22 PM

JIM TOMSULA!!!!

Tomsula was he one name that surfaced last season, however, due o his contract the 49ers would not allow him to interview - if I'm not mistaken his contract is up this year - perhaps Schiano will get his first choice, also if the Cardinals fire their coach look for John McNulty to surface with the Bucs he was a receivers coach at Rutgers for Schiano before becoming the the assistant offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach there. Also he was Schiano first choice to run the offense.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bucshot420

Starter

#19 : December 31, 2012, 12:40:14 PM

I have an appreciation for Lovie and his time here, however I would NEVER want him as a DC here.  He runs that Tampa2 shell constantly with a rare blitz mixed in here and there.  Yes it was successful here once upon a time, but teams have figured it out.  I'd prefer we stick with an aggressive opportunistic defense, that actually mixes in successful blitz packages.

Lovie was not dismissed because of the Bears defense. The Bears were 3rd in pts allowed and 5th in yardage allowed. They also have 4 starters in the ProBowl.

I am aware of that.  I'm just saying I have watched a lot of them this year and while the Defense gets it done most of the time.  The 4 ProBowlers you mentioned, while still playing at a reasonable level made it mostly because of past accomplishments.  That being said even if we did bring him back.  I don't see Urlacher, or Peppers type talent here that would allow us to run that defense successfully.  We certainly don't have the talent to rush 4 lineman 85 percent of the time.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 31, 2012, 01:14:27 PM

Lovie or Rivera would be great options at DC if Schiano would let them run their own schemes.  Not sure that would happen.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 31, 2012, 01:16:14 PM

No thanks, I like having the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Now...only if we could stop having tuesday's garbage pick up as our starting CBs, that'd be great.

^This

Agree. That was nice to see. Gigantic step forward over 2011 defense.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible DC replacements if we decide to go another way « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools