Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From Atlanta Falcons Board « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 31, 2012, 12:00:18 PM

The only people that don't like Schiano and his ways, are politically correct pansy as$ lazy little wimps with little girl emotions and a weak work ethic. Grown men that understand what it means to be dependable, hard working, and show pride in what they do love Schiano and wouldn't want it any other way. It truly is that simple.

Agree.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 31, 2012, 12:01:36 PM

I don't remember how many days after the new league year starts that Dom has to kick Wright to the curb before he has to pay a roster bonus. But is love to see Dom hold Wright up to the very last minute then cut him, thus making sure Wright doesn't get to play a part in the wild FA frenzy that occurs at 12:01am and results in an underachieving chump getting paid big bucks due to snap reaction.

Can you imagine if we were still on the hook for this guy? Uggggh.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 31, 2012, 12:04:35 PM

Is a player even allowed to talk about playing for another team while still under contract with his current team?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 31, 2012, 12:13:59 PM

Gawd...not sure what Dom ever saw in this guy.

He got lucky that Wright is an idiot.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 31, 2012, 12:27:37 PM

I've heard of another player with the Bucs that has a real issue with Schiano as well, not a guy like Wright, but a more respected player. I hope this isn't an epidemic.

I'm sure his approach does rub some the wrong way. He is a no nonsense strict coach. Hell everyone knows BB is an ahole but it doesn't matter because he wins. If Schiano can turn this team into a constant playoff team and SB contender no one will care if he's not being invited to players houses for BBQ's.

He may not be the coach for everyone who is currently there and that's fine.  Those who believe will do what is required on and off the field.  Those that don't, well, their employment in Tampa Bay will be short.  If Coach Schiano transforms the team into a contender, he will stay.  If he doesn't, he will be replaced eventually.  Like he said in today's presser, the culture change will continue and players that are added will be swept into the philosophies and beliefs that support the main objective which is always WINNING.

Turn the page.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 31, 2012, 12:30:24 PM

E. Wright . . . Buh-bye.

Great stuff today J-Dub, both on the sarcastic and serious side.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2012, 12:30:42 PM

He may not be the coach for everyone who is currently there and that's fine.  Those who believe will do what is required on and off the field.  Those that don't, well, their employment in Tampa Bay will be short.  If Coach Schiano transforms the team into a contender, he will stay.  If he doesn't, he will be replaced eventually.  Like he said in today's presser, the culture change will continue and players that are added will be swept into the philosophies and beliefs that support the main objective which is always WINNING.

Yeah, I agree. I don't get bothered when a guy like Wright gripes about something due to his boneheadedness and a total lack of attachment to him as a Buc, but the other player I heard about had more personal credibility to me. It;'s not relevant if a few players don't care for it. It is relevant if a majority don't. I have no reason to think that the majority of players dislike Schiano and I hope that stays true.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 31, 2012, 12:34:23 PM

Yeah, I agree. I don't get bothered when a guy like Wright gripes about something due to his boneheadedness and a total lack of attachment to him as a Buc, but the other player I heard about had more personal credibility to me. It;'s not relevant if a few players don't care for it. It is relevant if a majority don't. I have no reason to think that the majority of players dislike Schiano and I hope that stays true.

Wright just reminds me of guys like Winslow, Price and T-Jax.  These three wanted to do things their own way.  How will each of their 2012 seasons be remembered? 

Turn the page.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 31, 2012, 12:38:11 PM

It's hard to believe guys like Winslow, Price and Tjax were STARTERS for this team last year. Not to mention Sean Jones and Albert Haynesworth. No wonder people didn't want to pay to see that crap. Rah wasn't the best coach, but I really do think he got dealt terrible hand here. And please don't interpret that as me saying I'd want Rah to still be here.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 31, 2012, 12:39:30 PM

I think Wright is the best of the CBs here in Tampa and I'd be fine with him returning from a talent perspective. But, I mean, one of the worst passing defenses in history and the guy got suspended. I won't shed any tears if or when he is waived.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 31, 2012, 12:41:12 PM

Eric Wright is a guy that got paid way more than he was worth, and wasn't responsible enough to play the entire season without getting in to trouble (twice this year, I may add.... oh ... and the whole pill thing in college or whatever).

The guy wasn't that good and whoever said it above me (I think Jdub), was right. Schiano's approach is for grown men only. If you're a weak willed individual that can't take coaching and think you're bigger than the game, then you're going to dislike Schiano and probably, like Wright, going to bad mouth him when you get the chance.

I coach football myself and I see athletes like this every single year. The guys who think they're too good for coaching and can't handle criticism. Eric Wright, you sucked this year. Go suck somewhere else. Preferably a team we get to play twice a year.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 31, 2012, 12:44:44 PM

I think Wright is the best of the CBs here in Tampa.

That's like being the "skinniest" fat guy.
Your statement says more about the need for improvement at the position than anything else.

Turn the page.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 31, 2012, 12:47:19 PM

Yeah, I agree that the statement doesn't say much. I think Wright is a pretty solid CB and I'd be fine with putting him on the field. I don't pay his salary so I don't care what it is. I don't care for having someone that gets suspended and badmouths the coach on the team, though. You can be the best player in the world but if you're sitting at home on Sundays, you're worthless.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 31, 2012, 12:49:05 PM

Is a player even allowed to talk about playing for another team while still under contract with his current team?

If it could be proven then yes it would be tampering.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 31, 2012, 12:52:44 PM

Yeah, I agree that the statement doesn't say much. I think Wright is a pretty solid CB and I'd be fine with putting him on the field. I don't pay his salary so I don't care what it is. I don't care for having someone that gets suspended and badmouths the coach on the team, though. You can be the best player in the world but if you're sitting at home on Sundays, you're worthless.

Sure it's not your money but you should care.  Any amount given to a guy like Wright is money that could be given to a player who takes his career seriously and wants to become part of the program.

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From Atlanta Falcons Board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools