Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seven head coaches that are better than Greg Schiano lost their job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : December 31, 2012, 04:01:09 PM

Why can't we replace Rutgers with a real NFL coach?

You? About 80-89

Over 140 - Genius or near genius
    120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
    110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
    90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
    80 - 89 - Dullness
    70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
    Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

VA_Buc30

Starter

#16 : December 31, 2012, 04:03:00 PM

I get that Lovie Smith, Andy Reid and Ken Wisenhunt are likely better head coaches than Schiano will ever be, but you can't be including guys like Pat Shurmer in this discussion.

Pat Shurmur never had a chance in Cleveland.

So Shurmur was given 2 years with a 9-23 record and you state "he never had a chance"...yet you're only willing to give Schiano 1 year and want him kicked to the curb?

awitron

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 31, 2012, 04:19:07 PM

I get that Lovie Smith, Andy Reid and Ken Wisenhunt are likely better head coaches than Schiano will ever be, but you can't be including guys like Pat Shurmer in this discussion.

Pat Shurmur never had a chance in Cleveland.

So Shurmur was given 2 years with a 9-23 record and you state "he never had a chance"...yet you're only willing to give Schiano 1 year and want him kicked to the curb?

I never wanted Schiano hired. I was open to having him when the season started but every fear I had was basically confirmed about him.

Shurmur basically got the same situation as Raheem did when he was hired and never had a chance to develop his QB, much less the rest of his team. Ownership change did him in.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 31, 2012, 04:19:46 PM

You? About 80-89

80 - 89 - Dullness

This is your best troll attempt? Good lawd you are awful at this

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 31, 2012, 04:36:16 PM

Why should Schiano be fired now, when every coach you just compared him to had more than one season? Dumb.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : December 31, 2012, 04:40:42 PM

Dumb.

80-89

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2012, 04:44:00 PM

arent you a huge greg olson fan?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2012, 05:02:02 PM

arent you a huge greg olson fan?

lolz, I wasn't expecting GameTime to lower the boom.  Nice.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 31, 2012, 06:19:41 PM

I remember a lot of concern in Wisconsin when Vince Lombardi, a recently promoted OC in the Giants organization, was hired as the Packer HC (and GM) back in 1959. He took a 1-10-1 team and perpetual doormat into the NFL championship in his 2nd year. Big-time culture change, same as Schiano. Not into predictions, but I'd hold off evaluating Schiano for a while longer. ;)

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#24 : December 31, 2012, 06:25:09 PM

Come on, the guy's first season, the team improved, give him some time.  We've been pretty bad since the SB win, except for the two first round playoff bounces.  IMO, there is hope for the future, well as long as Freeman isn't the starting QB.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 31, 2012, 06:31:45 PM

You? About 80-89

80 - 89 - Dullness
You are being generous. This tool is about a 50.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 31, 2012, 06:34:21 PM

Am I the only one noticing the consistent trend about Schiano lately? There isn't a single person around with anything positive to say about this hack. He sucked his way to .500 over a decade in the garbage Big East, and now hes here to suck his way to 7-9. Countless times this season he was outcoached and it cost this team games, I thought we were getting an experienced head coach and that football was football? Please. I have full confidence this franchise will never turn it around under this guy.  We have a coach who thinks he is Bill Belicheck and isn't even as good as the 7 guys who just got fired.

I'll say it and I strongly challenge anyone to dispute it; Raheem was a better head coach. Did more with a hell of a lot less than Schiano has so far.

Someone on this forum suggested Lovie for DC... how about for HC? He is actually a proven winner with a history in Tampa and is a REAL NFL coach, not a hardass who couldnt even win the Big East. HE COULDNT WIN THE **CENSORED**ING BIG EAST AND HES AN NFL HEAD COACH!

Allow us to examine this list of head coaches who won the Big East since Schiano took over Rutgers and see if any of these guys fit the profile of NFL head coach

1. Larry Coker
2. Rich Rodriguez(he did it 3 times 5 years)
3. Walt Harris
4. Bobby Petrino
5. Brian Kelly
6. Randy Edsall
7. Dana Holgerson

Dominik should be fired for thinking this was actually a good hire.. compiling that list is one of the most depressing things I've done as a fan of this team. It kills me on the inside that someone who can't even be placed in the same category as the names above is the head coach of a NFL team. It's not even like he has a history in the NFL to lean on like a Chan Gailey would.
1. You know zilch about what his Rutgers record meant in the context of the program and...
2. You reached a new level of inane by suggesting Petrino.

In Verner We Trust

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#27 : December 31, 2012, 06:55:43 PM

Some people will never be happy.  It's pointless to try and reason with people who wont listen to reason.

The as stated before.  He took an awful team who lost 8 in a row last year (i think it was 8. I tried to forget) and brought them to 7-9 with no cornerbacks and missing 2 probowl offensive lineman.  This isn't cleveland or buffalo. We aren't going to hire a coach and fire him within the first year or two.  So move on and quit complaining because he isn't going anywhere for at least 3 seasons.

If you want to talk about Raheem getting canned so quickly.  That is different.  He was given the job, he didn't earn it. 

Sailing2smth

Starter

#28 : December 31, 2012, 07:32:03 PM

This reminds of the 2011 class of free agents where you had guys who were considered to be "top xx" at their position and the Glazer family decided to stay the course and not bring in free agents because they felt as though they could build through the draft.  We all saw how that turned out with a young team that did not get the benefit of offseason workouts (lockout).

Now there is an opportunity to get a guy that has a proven record in the NFL and is from the Dungy mold of thinking.  Not to take away from HC Schiano because he is a good guy and all, but with the roster that he had coming into the season this was  at least a 9 win team (and I did predict 3-13/4-12 due to the lack of coaching).  I am not one of the guys saying to rid the ship of Freeman because this is his last and contract year....let him an offseason with this program and Jackson/Williams to get on the same sheet of communication.  Because Freeman has the tools for success and if he puts in the work the guy would be solid. 

But back to the point of HC and and the coaching staff, now is the time to get a guy in here from the Dungy tree to right this and get Tampa to where they need to  be.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 31, 2012, 07:49:35 PM

Crennel, Gailey, Shurmer are now better coaches than Schiano?

this guy...smh.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seven head coaches that are better than Greg Schiano lost their job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools