Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAYS HE WANTS COMPETITION AT EVERY POSITION- INCLUDING QB « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: December 31, 2012, 02:50:09 PM

Bucs head coach Greg Schiano spoke to the media on Monday and summarized the season while also previewing what is next for the organization. Schiano also said he believes in competition at every position including quarterback.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8681

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1 : December 31, 2012, 03:14:19 PM

It's about damn time.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 31, 2012, 03:41:32 PM

If I read the article correctly it said he "believes in competition."

I'm curious IF we will see a player seriously compete for the position this coming off-season.  As previously discussed, there aren't a ton of clear upgrades out there.

I wouldn't be surprised at all with Josh getting another year to prove if he is worthy of signing long-term.

I would be surprised if the team drafted QB in the first two rounds considering the other areas in need of upgrade.

Turn the page.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 31, 2012, 03:45:00 PM

I expect Freeman to be the starting QB this next season, but it was far from a ringing endorsement from Schiano!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 31, 2012, 03:48:26 PM

Time to bring in Mike Teel. He knows Schiano's offense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 31, 2012, 04:01:23 PM

I expect Freeman to be the starting QB this next season, but it was far from a ringing endorsement from Schiano!

I do too but regarding the Schiano endorsement it seemed much ado about nothing.  Typical coachspeak.

Turn the page.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 31, 2012, 04:13:03 PM

Thank you lord!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 31, 2012, 04:27:27 PM

Duh. Said this at the start of the offseason last year.

Orlovsky ain't it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2012, 05:29:07 PM

Schiano is also going to have competition with McCoy, Barron, David, vjax, and Martin?

BS... He wants to go get his own QB after giving freeman a shot this season. I've been calling that for awhile now. Excuses and reasoning will be given, but overall I believe schiano doesn't want josh around. He's never placed any concrete effort in tying himself on to freeman.

However, history is not on our side, and I don't think he should. Heck, Schiano himself may not be here at the end of next season. Depending on what Sulli says, freeman may not be here next season. That much is clear.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 31, 2012, 05:31:26 PM

With what I have read about Freeman on this board I would think a one legged blind man would be competition for Freeman.... just noting some have gone a bit far in their criticism of Freeman

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 31, 2012, 05:39:51 PM

Maybe Schiano needs to look at himself in the mirror and all his jokes he surrounds himself with! Schiano is a schmuck and he doesn't have the balls to cut Josh right now.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 31, 2012, 05:41:17 PM

I didn't get any warm fuzzy from reading that report that there's any real thought to replacing Freeman by the Bucs. He only answered the question because he was asked about a specific player. Had he been asked about any other player on the roster, he'd have given a similar answer.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 31, 2012, 05:43:02 PM

And maybe his staff and roster will change as the off season wears on.  Either way - he is like most other new coaches - somewhat stuck with the hand dealt him for a few years...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 31, 2012, 06:10:07 PM

Of course $$$ and upside figures into the evaluation too.
     Been sayin' Josh will likely get competition next season. Orlavsky was Sullivan's man; an upgrade over Josh Johnson. Since we saw little of him all season or pre-season, I have no idea where he is as far as being that "competition" Schiano is looking for.
     It will also be interesting to see what coaching changes happen at 1BUC. Should be an interesting off-season all-round...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : December 31, 2012, 06:11:45 PM

I would be willing to bet good money that they will NOT bring in actual competition for Freeman next year.   And Freeman will stink it up again.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAYS HE WANTS COMPETITION AT EVERY POSITION- INCLUDING QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools