Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik on WDAE at 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufcguy32

Starter

#15 : December 31, 2012, 05:41:22 PM

unfortunately, i dont see this team being over 500 next year again....the saints will be back with sean peyton, and most of our division will be better. lets hope we come up with some answers on defense

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 31, 2012, 05:42:58 PM

It's now apparent that Dominik must be replaced for this team to take it to the next level.

Apparently he understands PR and promoting a business much better than you. You never, ever ever ever, mention the bad things.

Dom is a great guy and a damn good GM. The guy brought in four 5-10 year starters in one offseason.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect troll fans from other teams to like Dom. He keeps stealing good players, so I really don't blame them.

Also, the guy was the one who said they would've still drafted McCoy ahead of Suh. Seeing how gmac is going probowl, it kind of vidicates Dom's pick as well.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 31, 2012, 05:44:18 PM

unfortunately, i dont see this team being over 500 next year again....the saints will be back with sean peyton, and most of our division will be better. lets hope we come up with some answers on defense

well we lost 2 games to the Saints this season, so I don't see how that matters if the Saints get better

there's still 10 games against non-divisional opponents, and no matter how awful we are, the chances of going 0-6 in the division are slim, I don't think any team has ever gone 0-6 in the NFC South, someone correct me if I'm wrong

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 31, 2012, 05:47:11 PM

I think there's a fair amount of evidence that Dominik's job performance should be called into question. This is a bottom line business and the Bucs are 16 games under .500 during his tenure.
It is not a very difficult case to make - and I like the guy - but not so much on a lot of the personnel decisions... hoping Barron, David & Martin tilt the scales a bit - bc Dominick is a nice guy and a good conversationalist

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 31, 2012, 05:53:25 PM

I shut it off.   I couldn't take it anymore.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 31, 2012, 06:05:56 PM

It's now apparent that Dominik must be replaced for this team to take it to the next level.

Apparently he understands PR and promoting a business much better than you. You never, ever ever ever, mention the bad things.

Dom is a great guy and a damn good GM. The guy brought in four 5-10 year starters in one offseason.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect troll fans from other teams to like Dom. He keeps stealing good players, so I really don't blame them.

Also, the guy was the one who said they would've still drafted McCoy ahead of Suh. Seeing how gmac is going probowl, it kind of vidicates Dom's pick as well.

One pick vindicates all the bad ones?  Year five of Dom as GM.  This is it for him....playoffs or bust.  He has made some awful decisions and yet to build a winner so "damn good gm" seems a little homerish.  Damn good?  Four terrible defenses in a row.  One pro bowler?  That is "damn good"?  Seriously?  Where are your bars set at?  Did Raheem screw you up that much?
: December 31, 2012, 07:23:38 PM The Anomaly

indiana76buc

Second String

#21 : December 31, 2012, 06:08:31 PM

he said the glazers had him do the nicks and vjax restructures to free up cap money

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2012, 06:16:36 PM

January of 2009 when the new GM and coach are brought in and you are told that the new GM would produce rosters which would yield a combined record of 24-40 with 3 seasons under .500, no playoff appearances, would hire another coach, and a QB who still has the same questions about him that he had when drafted 4 years ago and your response would be he's a damn good GM?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#23 : December 31, 2012, 06:19:04 PM

I wish he had been a little more critical of Josh for his recent poor performances, but that wouldn't have fit in with the mood of the show. IMO, the most interesting thing he said was that it was the Glazers' idea to pay Nicks and Jackson and save the cap space. I hope that we are going to be as active as it appears we could be in the free agent market, and that we can continue to have the success with the new signings that we had this year.

MagicMike

Starter

#24 : December 31, 2012, 06:22:38 PM

Will someone post the bullett point highlights of the press conference?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 31, 2012, 06:24:08 PM

The hour was pretty much a bunch of self and player promotion - very little was discussed about the direction the team expects to take with free agents. He did talk about talking w/ several of our free agents (14 of them, I believe). Said Economous was an important player to re-sign (or something like that. 

Waste of 60 mins, fortunately, I washed, waxed the car while listening, so it wasn't a completely unproductive hour.

Noticed that WDAE hasn't put the podcast up.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 31, 2012, 07:07:16 PM

lol @ "Damn good GM"

needed a good laugh after a rough football season.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 31, 2012, 08:45:21 PM

http://www.620wdae.com/pages/bucs.html?article=10664753

Tampa Bay Buccaneers General Manager Mark Dominik sat down for an entire hour on 620 WDAE during Bucs Total Access on Monday.  He recapped the 7-9 Buccaneers season and discussed what's to come this off season as Greg Schiano heads into his first full off season as head coach of the Buccaneers.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 31, 2012, 08:49:09 PM

Likely it'll be available by podcast on WDAE's website.   Somebody should call and tell Dominik that Eric Wright is verbally trashing the team's head coach in public and what is Dominik going to do about it.

Now this is something to listen to. Where can I find Wright's verbal trashings?

I also would like to see the verbal trashings.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 31, 2012, 09:11:14 PM

I am glad Mark Dominik is the GM of my favorite team.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik on WDAE at 5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools