Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett Wants to Remain a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 31, 2012, 05:27:07 PM

Of course I want to come back, said Bennett, who had 41 tackles and 19 tackles for loss in 2012. I want to see what happens when [DaQuan] Bowers gets healthy, when A.C. (Adrian Clayborn) gets healthy just to see where we could be as a group. I want to be back because Ive been here a long time and Ive grown with the Bucs. It would be a great chance to be back and play with these guys.

Bennett, who has amassed 98 tackles, 15 sacks, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in his four seasons in Tampa Bay, would prefer to have a long-term deal from the organization, but didnt seem opposed to having the franchise tag being placed on him.

I dont know, said Bennett, who signed a one-year deal worth $2.742 million as a restricted free agent in 2012. I havent thought that far as far as being franchised or it being a long-term deal. You know, ultimately you want a long-term deal, especially with this team and the way its going. They have all these young guys here making big plays. Im just looking forward to the draft and the players they are going to bring in.

Ive got a great relationship with Mark. Hes helped me grow as a player, especially him and Raheem Morris. I love those guys and what they did for me.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8682

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 31, 2012, 05:28:17 PM

He had a great year. He deserves to get paid and stay with this team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 31, 2012, 05:31:45 PM

19 tackles for loss. Nice.

Turn those into sacks and you're one rich mo fo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

nick777777

Starter
#3 : December 31, 2012, 06:10:05 PM

I really worry about this move.  He has 15 sacks in 4 seasons.  Yes he had a breakout year with 9 sacks but that means over the 3 years prior he averaged 2 sacks a year.  I've always loved his run defense and he played the run well this year and last year he was the only one on the line who seemed to stop the run.  It still worries me to pay a player who has had 1 good year rushing the passer.  If I do a long term deal and gonna pay top dollar for a DE I want someone who has put multiple years of solid sack numbers together not someone who broke out on his contract year.  I like Bennett I really do but I also like what Bowers has done with limited reps and think he could be up in double digit sacks given more reps

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 31, 2012, 07:00:11 PM

If everyone stays healthy we could move Bennett inside on passing downs. AC-Bennett-McCoy-Bowers is gonna wreck havoc for offensive lines in 2013. We do need more depth than  just DTN though.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 31, 2012, 07:48:22 PM

Clayborn, Bennett, McCoy, Bowers, Teo-Nesiem, Gibson and Miller.. that's 7 solid, not great Dlinemen. IMO, we need a total of 9 to continually rotate and keep the pressure up. Oh yeah, to remain healthy would be nice. I'd even stash 2 on the PS.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6 : December 31, 2012, 07:57:44 PM

If the price is right.

He's not an elite DE though, hopefully we don't pay him like one.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 31, 2012, 08:00:11 PM

He might indeed get tagged.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2012, 08:02:23 PM

With the Bucs pitiful pash rush, they don't need to sit back and watch guys walk out the door.  Pay the man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 31, 2012, 09:02:05 PM

With the Bucs pitiful pash rush, they don't need to sit back and watch guys walk out the door.  Pay the man.
Agree. But the point of contention is how much?  And given Doms history with team re-signs, be afraid. Very afraid.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 31, 2012, 09:05:05 PM

Depends on how much his brother wants - maybe there is a family discount of some sort

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 31, 2012, 09:44:01 PM

I think it sends a strong message to pay a guy like Bennett that grew up here, and his play merits him staying here. Ill take his brother in our O any day; trick will be leveraging their desire to be together into a reasonable price. He may be the best TE on the market this year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 31, 2012, 11:05:14 PM

The grass will most likely be greener for him elsewhere. He could have the possibility of playing with a better back 7 behind him, possibly more money, and have the benefit of a more consistent QB leading the offense.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett Wants to Remain a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools