Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 01, 2013, 01:15:36 PM

Well after watching WRs run free all year and do whatever they want, it would be nice to have a physical corner like Rhodes manhandle receivers at the line. Dude can play bump and run for sure. I think that is a very important quality.

JDouble - after watching tape on about fifteen corners - I have Rhodes ranked as the number 1 corner is this class - on tape he is the clear cut most physical - and played the most press man coverage out of the group - does and excellent job of rerouting receivers at the LOS - has the length that Schiano raves about, and can flip his hips with great fluidity and stay in the hip pocket of receivers.

This is how I have them ranked at the moment - of course with out agility drills factored in or COD factored - based solely on what I've seen on film.

1. Xavier Rhodes, FSU
2. Dee Milliner, Alabama
3. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
4. Bradley Roby, Ohio State
5. Logan Ryan, Rutgers
6. Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
7. Bennett Jackson, Notre Dame
8. Desmand Trufant, Washington
9. David Amerson, NC State
10. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut
11. Leon McFadden, San Diego State
12. Will Davis, Utah State
13. Jamar Taylor, Boise State
14. Robert Alford, Southeast Louisiana
15. Adrian Bushell, Louisville

I like it Yuc! I enjoy it when people are willing to go against the grain and go with what they see. I personally think Rhodes and Milliner look like 1a and 1b. I'd love to have either one.

When I watch Banks, I see a pretty good CB but he doesn't consistently impress me. I also question his game speed. He might have a great 40, but I'm not sure he has the game speed to be a great NFL cornerback.

If we could sign a veteran free agent like Marcus Trufant and/or Quentin Jammer and then draft Rhodes....I think we'd have an entirely different defense next year. I'd like us to draft a second cornerback, but I haven't watched enough game tape on the other CBs to have much of an opinion yet. I'm hoping to see a mid to late round guy that jumps out at me. Haven't found one yet.
: January 01, 2013, 01:24:54 PM JDouble

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 01, 2013, 02:21:08 PM

It's early. Unless this is your first year paying attention, you should know these prospects will move all over the rankings by draft day. I'll guarantee you there are four or five guys not even projected in the first two rounds right now, that will end up being 1st round picks. It's very early and there will still be a lot of movement. Don't get too hung up on current rankings.

I'm guessing there will be four CBs taken in the 1st round. Rhodes will be one of them. Probably somewhere between 10-20. He's physical and plays smart. I think he's a good fit for a Schiano led team. Again, it's very very early, but at this point I think Rhodes will be the pick at #13.

+1.  Way too early to go by any rankings or mock drafts.  I like Rhodes and Ryan over Banks and I do think we will look at trading back in round 1 if we do take a corner with our first pick

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#32 : January 01, 2013, 02:50:28 PM

Banks  knee injury today in 1st half.   

Did not return

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 01, 2013, 03:00:20 PM

Scouts Inc also thinks glennon should be a first rounder so thats all im going to say there

When Tannehill and Locker go in R1 you have to understand how QB's rise above their true "value".

I think with Rhodes he's got the size but people are gonna want to see his long speed. If he's a 4.5 or less guy I think there's no doubt he gets into R1 with his size. I suspect people fear he might be a 4.6 type player.

that my concern with him as well. i will say that ive watched him play live and run stride for stride with michael floyd, deander hopkins, and ryan broyles. he might be the kind of guy who isnt a fast 40 but plays the game fast.

and i agree about the qb position being so overvalued. teams take so many chances early on guys. 2011 showed a lot of panicking. locker, gabbert and ponder shouldnt have been picked before the 20th. Ponder should have gone first out of those three based on his NFL readiness. the other 2 were projects. ideally ponder would have gone right where dalton was at the very beginning of the 2nd round.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 01, 2013, 03:01:12 PM

Banks  knee injury today in 1st half.   

Did not return

talk about bad timing

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 01, 2013, 03:07:58 PM

Scouts Inc also thinks glennon should be a first rounder so thats all im going to say there

When Tannehill and Locker go in R1 you have to understand how QB's rise above their true "value".

I think with Rhodes he's got the size but people are gonna want to see his long speed. If he's a 4.5 or less guy I think there's no doubt he gets into R1 with his size. I suspect people fear he might be a 4.6 type player.

that my concern with him as well. i will say that ive watched him play live and run stride for stride with michael floyd, deander hopkins, and ryan broyles. he might be the kind of guy who isnt a fast 40 but plays the game fast.

and i agree about the qb position being so overvalued. teams take so many chances early on guys. 2011 showed a lot of panicking. locker, gabbert and ponder shouldnt have been picked before the 20th. Ponder should have gone first out of those three based on his NFL readiness. the other 2 were projects. ideally ponder would have gone right where dalton was at the very beginning of the 2nd round.
Rhodes is a ZONE CB that can help in run support. I wouldn't mind him at #13 albeit I think its a reach for him. He has the physical tools to be a shutdown CB so he might be worth the risk.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 01, 2013, 03:10:00 PM

im hoping we trade back to 20 and take rhodes there for the value and to pick up an extra pick somewhere

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 01, 2013, 03:18:19 PM

im hoping we trade back to 20 and take rhodes there for the value and to pick up an extra pick somewhere
Tampa needs DJ Swearinger.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 01, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

Rhodes is not value at 20.  Rhodes is value at 43.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 01, 2013, 04:33:15 PM

Rhodes is not value at 20.  Rhodes is value at 43.

at 43 rhodes is extreme value. most draftniks have him in the 20s. i expect his stock to shoot up based on the combine

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 01, 2013, 04:35:12 PM

The difference between Milliner/Banks and the 2nd round CBs, is next to nothing.

Problem is we need two or three CB's with that level of talent , not one.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 01, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

The difference between Milliner/Banks and the 2nd round CBs, is next to nothing.

Problem is we need two or three CB's with that level of talent , not one.

Just say 3, Biggers might be ok as your nickle guy but given that someone might get hurt we really need to add depth and having 3 CB's ready on any given Sunday is a necessity now.

You are almost at the point where it is better to talk about playing a 425 as your base and the 3rd line in a 434 is a sub player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : January 01, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Between the two, I suppose Jordan is a better value

Psych

Starter

#43 : January 01, 2013, 05:55:41 PM

Johnathan Banks is the obvious pick. I'm not sure the extent of his knee injury that he sustained today, but he is a long corner that makes plays.  I would also like for the Bucs to go after another corner in the 2nd. Our pass rush was bad, but I think with Clayborn healthy next year. The line can get to the qb with more success

Psych

Starter

#44 : January 01, 2013, 06:01:14 PM

Johnthan Banks, Xavier Rhodes, Bacarri Rambo should be our first three picks. Obviously the draft landscape will change but for now those are the guys. Once that's done and OT, DT and TE can be picked up. A HB isn't necessary. Blount is good enough.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools