Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 01, 2013, 06:17:53 PM

Rhodes is a ZONE CB that can help in run support.

I'm not sure where you got that idea, but he excels in playing bump and run man coverage.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 01, 2013, 06:25:39 PM

rhodes can play man and zone. FSU rotates between the two coverages constantly during games

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 01, 2013, 06:30:53 PM

Well any good CB can play zone, but not all good CBs can play man....so saying he is a zone CB implies he can't play man. At least it does to me.

It's like calling a WR a "possession" receiver. All good receivers can catch, but the "possession receiver" label implies they are slow.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 01, 2013, 07:02:08 PM

I don't think any of the CB's being talked about are good value at #13.  A trade down might be in order.  Or they take BPA  at #13.

Law-Buc

Starter
#49 : January 01, 2013, 07:16:04 PM

Xavier Rhodes at # 13 would be a solid pick.  He is a 6'1 217 pound cover corner that is also a solid tackler.  I actually like what he brings better than Milner who will likely go top 10.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 01, 2013, 08:08:07 PM

I don't think any of the CB's being talked about are good value at #13.  A trade down might be in order.  Or they take BPA  at #13.

But what happens if we trade back and miss out on the CBs we really want? I don't think we can gamble. We need a stud CB too bad to pass on one.

Psych

Starter

#51 : January 01, 2013, 08:11:39 PM

Xavier Rhodes at # 13 would be a solid pick.  He is a 6'1 217 pound cover corner that is also a solid tackler.  I actually like what he brings better than Milner who will likely go top 10.

Rhodes is projected in the second round right now, so nope.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 01, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

Rob Rang has him as the second best CB. Just because the website you look at says he is a 2nd round prospect over three months before the draft, doesn't mean he is.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 01, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

But what happens if we trade back and miss out on the CBs we really want? I don't think we can gamble. We need a stud CB too bad to pass on one.

I would hope they already picked up a Grimes or Smith in free agency, then they would have more flexibility to move around in the draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 01, 2013, 08:47:35 PM

Really will just come down to what the Bucs board looks like. If they have several players rated equally or even close to equal, they will go with the CB.

Personally I don't think any of this year's CBs have elite man coverage skills, but with Rhodes he is big and physical and has the tools to possibly be a shut down guy if he can learn to be more disciplined and perfect his craft. With Banks, he doesn't seem very physical and kinda shies away from hard tackles sometimes. So if I'm in a situation where I need to draft a CB, but none have elite man coverage skills....I'm picking the one that shows the willingness to get physical.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 01, 2013, 08:53:07 PM

I would hope they already picked up a Grimes or Smith in free agency, then they would have more flexibility to move around in the draft.

This is what I think happens as well

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 01, 2013, 08:53:41 PM

Really will just come down to what the Bucs board looks like. If they have several players rated equally or even close to equal, they will go with the CB.

Personally I don't think any of this year's CBs have elite man coverage skills, but with Rhodes he is big and physical and has the tools to possibly be a shut down guy if he can learn to be more disciplined and perfect his craft. With Banks, he doesn't seem very physical and kinda shies away from hard tackles sometimes. So if I'm in a situation where I need to draft a CB, but none have elite man coverage skills....I'm picking the one that shows the willingness to get physical.

If they don't have top end coverage skills I'm looking elsewhere. That's like saying if I'm looking DE and none are elite pass rushers in R1 get the run stuffer....no, go get something else and find the srun stuffer later where you can.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 01, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

Meh. Not many CBs enter the the league with top end man coverage skills. If they do, they usually go top 5.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 01, 2013, 09:18:52 PM

Personally, if we go CB in the 1st round I'd probably want to see us trade down. Perhaps things will change but as of right now, most mocks seem to suggest that the best available CBs SHOULD be taken late 1st. I don't want us to reach on a pick. If we can't trade down, I'd even be open to going d-line in round 1 and CB in round 2.

And speaking of d-line, am I the only one who would rather us draft a DT? I feel like Bennett and Clayborn are solid, but Miller is extremely replaceable. I'd like to see a guy who can fight off 1 on 1s better, because right now McCoy is consistently drawing double teams but Miller isn't taking advantage.

Give me something like a trade down, Rhodes in the late 1st, and Sharrif Floyd in the 2nd, and I'd be very satisfied.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 01, 2013, 10:22:49 PM

Personally, if we go CB in the 1st round I'd probably want to see us trade down. Perhaps things will change but as of right now, most mocks seem to suggest that the best available CBs SHOULD be taken late 1st. I don't want us to reach on a pick. If we can't trade down, I'd even be open to going d-line in round 1 and CB in round 2.

And speaking of d-line, am I the only one who would rather us draft a DT? I feel like Bennett and Clayborn are solid, but Miller is extremely replaceable. I'd like to see a guy who can fight off 1 on 1s better, because right now McCoy is consistently drawing double teams but Miller isn't taking advantage.

Give me something like a trade down, Rhodes in the late 1st, and Sharrif Floyd in the 2nd, and I'd be very satisfied.

Roy has played pretty well.  Most importantly he continues to improve without suffering Freeman style regressions. So looking forward to seeing what he can do in 2013.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools