Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#60 : January 01, 2013, 10:42:44 PM

I don't think Banks or Jordan are there at 13... We're going to have to trade up for them

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 01, 2013, 10:54:31 PM

I think we'll resign Miller and also sign a solid free agent DT. There are quite a few free agent DTs this year.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 01, 2013, 11:02:12 PM

I think we'll resign Miller and also sign a solid free agent DT. There are quite a few free agent DTs this year.

Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are two underachievers who may be worth giving a shot to see if they can resurrect their careers and reach their potential

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 01, 2013, 11:06:31 PM

Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are two underachievers who may be worth giving a shot to see if they can resurrect their careers and reach their potential

Also Sammie Lee Hill could be worth a look.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 01, 2013, 11:10:30 PM

Well any good CB can play zone, but not all good CBs can play man....so saying he is a zone CB implies he can't play man. At least it does to me.

It's like calling a WR a "possession" receiver. All good receivers can catch, but the "possession receiver" label implies they are slow.
Well re-think that through because its not true.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 02, 2013, 08:44:15 AM

Also Sammie Lee Hill could be worth a look.

Yep. Dorsey, Ellis, Hill, and there's also Isaac Sopoaga, Shaun Rodgers, Terrance Knighton, Jason Jones, Arthur Jones, Ricky Jean-Francois, Israel Idonije, Shaun Cody and Rocky Benard. Some old guys that would be band aids, some young guys that could be around awhile....but there are many free agent options, so unless we are in 100% love with Sheldon Richardson and he's there at 13, I don't think this is the year to go DT in the first.

There is also Henry Melton, but I don't think there is any chance the Bears let him get away.
: January 02, 2013, 08:45:46 AM JDouble

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#66 : January 02, 2013, 09:38:46 AM

JDub - for me it would either be Sammie Lee Hill or Ricky Jean-Francois - both players can can do exactly what Miller does out of the tilted nose - the only difference is they offer a tad more in the way of pass rush. Hill is the bigger (wider of the two) a 329 - but if Miller bolts for a larger payday or is asking for more than he's worth the team has options out there.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : January 02, 2013, 09:48:38 AM

I think we'll probably resign Miller, but also pick up another DT in free agency. After all, it was not the plan to give up on Price and role with Miller. We tried Amobi Okoye because we were desperate, which shows we aren't content with Miller and Gibson. Even if we don't resign Miller though, Gibson looked every bit as good when he was in there....so not really a big deal. What we need is an upgrade, not just depth. Even if it's one of the 30+ guys and it's just a temporary fix.

We were also fairly lucky with injuries this year. We need to have better depth at DT. Ideally, I'd like to see us sign two free agent DTs. Maybe one of them is Miller, maybe not. It would be nice to have a solid rotation and know we are not completely screwed if one DT goes down with injury.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 02, 2013, 02:21:09 PM

Also, some are saying Xavier is bad value at #13 because he is the 3rd rated CB and he should be a 2nd rounder.....but the only sites that have Dion better than 5th or 6th DE, are the sites that don't include underclassmen until they officially declare.

So the 5th or 6th best DE is ok at #13? I don't get it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 02, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

I think we'll probably resign Miller, but also pick up another DT in free agency. After all, it was not the plan to give up on Price and role with Miller. We tried Amobi Okoye because we were desperate, which shows we aren't content with Miller and Gibson. Even if we don't resign Miller though, Gibson looked every bit as good when he was in there....so not really a big deal. What we need is an upgrade, not just depth. Even if it's one of the 30+ guys and it's just a temporary fix.

We were also fairly lucky with injuries this year. We need to have better depth at DT. Ideally, I'd like to see us sign two free agent DTs. Maybe one of them is Miller, maybe not. It would be nice to have a solid rotation and know we are not completely screwed if one DT goes down with injury.

I don't think Miller is going anywhere, him and Gerald are tight.   But Bennett could be another story.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks or Dion Jordan at #13 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools