Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Wussification of NFL Football « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2013, 03:40:17 PM

I think with the long term goals, it's not just a matter of the health costs themselves.  I think there's a certain amount of wanting to be proactive about player health in an effort to avoid the fate of heavyweight boxing.

You'd think that was obvious but I'm pretty sure the NFL was aware of the long term potential of brain injuries from football.  It wasn't until it was going to cost them billions did they really start enforcing anything.  Money talks.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2013, 03:53:51 PM

Well, I'm really talking the increasing press the brain trauma is getting, and will presumably continue to get.  I'm not sure there isn't a potential critical point past which it would start to *really* hurt the league.  Think back to the immediate reaction to Seau's suicide.  Now imagine if that had turned out to be directly attributable to footall-caused brain trauma.  Now imagine that happening a few more times.  By all means, money talks.  I'm just saying that I don't think that the direct health costs are the only money at stake, or even necessarily the larger portion of it.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2013, 05:19:57 PM

When I saw this thread title, I thought it was a thread about Josh Freeman.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 02, 2013, 05:31:30 PM

I'd put my money on Josh if we're talking about him kicking your ass.

You think he's effeminate?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2013, 05:44:49 PM

It's not my ass he needs to kick, it's the opposing players.    I'm not sure if he's "effeminate", but he is wussified.    He needs to learn to play the position all out.   Then maybe he could make it to the playoffs for a change.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 02, 2013, 05:47:56 PM

Other than a hand problem because of a freak hand accident w/ a handgun (or some other weapon), has he ever missed a game due to injury?   I think he does a good job taking a hit and staying in games unlike many other QBs in the league.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 02, 2013, 06:05:16 PM

The NFL higher-ups are ruining the game. Especially goodell. The guy cowers at the sight of lawyers.

Personally, I believe that when rules are changed, other injuries will occur as a result. Just because injuries have happened, doesn't mean they will continue to happen if the players know how to counteract the cause of injury.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2013, 07:00:25 PM

I think he does a good job taking a hit and staying in games unlike many other QBs in the league.

When has he ever taken a big hit ever?   When he runs, he turtles up before he takes a hit.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 02, 2013, 07:13:27 PM

I think he does a good job taking a hit and staying in games unlike many other QBs in the league.

When has he ever taken a big hit ever?   When he runs, he turtles up before he takes a hit.

That's a good thing. There's no reason to get knocked out of the game - we need him to remain injury free.   Ever watch Stafford, Bradford and a few other china doll QBs play? The goal is to play another play. I do recall JF laying out a few hits himself over the past couple of seasons.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 02, 2013, 07:15:46 PM

I don't remember JF ever laying out a hit.  considering how big he is, he should lay out plenty.   

Here's a QB that was a man!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 02, 2013, 07:21:30 PM

It would be cool to see Josh to be the first QB to get penalized with an unnecessary roughness penalty. Would like to see him pancake some rival LB.
: January 02, 2013, 07:23:01 PM Morgan

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2013, 07:22:51 PM

QB's get penalized for that all the time.   Remember the time Dilfer picked a fight with John Randle?   He whipped Randle's butt and got a 15 yard penalty for it.    that was great!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2013, 08:10:48 PM

Dilfer was also the one that got spit on by some idiot Viking.. my god Dilfer was awful to watch but he was tough.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 02, 2013, 08:11:05 PM

The Wussification of NFL Football

Maybe you should spend more time watching college ball.........

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 02, 2013, 08:34:49 PM

Don't care for big hits, as long as we make the tackle and win.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Wussification of NFL Football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools