Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Freeman for Romo « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 01, 2013, 07:22:53 PM

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but Romo is waaay better than Freeman. With that being said I still wouldn't want Romo here. As another poster said, Romo can't get it done with a much better team than the BUCS have had year in and year out.

^that^
Regardless, if Romo is indeed better than Freeman, might as well make the trade then look to upgrade from Romo after that.

What would be the benifit of this move? Seriously, even if we would get this done for the right prize.
We trade Romo right after we traded for him? Do you think we would get more draft picks by, instead of just trading Freeman?
We play Romo for a few more years and not win SB either. Dude could not win with Dallas, why should he be able to here? Rememeber Schiano and this defense will still be here next year. Where do you get the confidence form this going to work for us? He will retire in a few years and then we will get nothing for him...unless Gruden would be back and give us a draft pick for.

Trading Freeman for Romo might not make us worse short term, but i do not see how this has any chance to be the significant upgrade we need to get over the hump. Some would say we can not even see that hump yet. Longterm this has a high risk of us just wasting ressources without gaining anything while.

bucyou

Rookie

#46 : January 01, 2013, 09:36:21 PM

romo is better qb than freeman! if romo had our oline and our run game he would be a beast! dallas offense are so sloppy and dez bryant aint no V.jackson!!!!

Sello

Second String

#47 : January 02, 2013, 12:30:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 02, 2013, 01:00:26 PM

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but Romo is waaay better than Freeman. With that being said I still wouldn't want Romo here. As another poster said, Romo can't get it done with a much better team than the BUCS have had year in and year out.

^that^

So you both think Romo  is better than Freeman, but you both don't want Romo (who is better than the QB you have now).    So I guess that translates to you desperately wanting to replace Freeman, but not with Romo.   Regardless, if Romo is indeed better than Freeman, might as well make the trade then look to upgrade from Romo after that.

I personally don't see the benefit of trading for a QB with the same problems as Freeman. I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of them are a starting QB in 2-3 years.

My answer for the QB future would be to do some serious scouting on the '13 class to see if there is a diamond hidden in that rough.

If not, then we deal with one more year of Freeman and dive into the '14 QB class.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 02, 2013, 01:04:19 PM

romo is better qb than freeman! if romo had our oline and our run game he would be a beast! dallas offense are so sloppy and dez bryant aint no V.jackson!!!!

You're right... but not the way you think.

First 3 seasons...
Dez Bryant (43 games / 29 starts): 200 Rec / 2871 yards / 14.4 ypc / 27 TD's
Vincent Jackson (39 games / 23 starts): 71 Rec / 1135 yards / 16.0 ypc / 9

This past year... in Jackson's "career year":
Jackson: 72 Rec / 1384 yards / 19.2 ypc / 8
Bryant: 92 Rec / 1382 yards / 15.0 ypc / 12

(side note: Bryant caught 67% passes thrown his was, Jackson caught only 49%).
: January 02, 2013, 01:08:37 PM TBayXXXVII

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 02, 2013, 01:44:45 PM

You're right... but not the way you think.

First 3 seasons...
Dez Bryant (43 games / 29 starts): 200 Rec / 2871 yards / 14.4 ypc / 27 TD's
Vincent Jackson (39 games / 23 starts): 71 Rec / 1135 yards / 16.0 ypc / 9

This past year... in Jackson's "career year":
Jackson: 72 Rec / 1384 yards / 19.2 ypc / 8
Bryant: 92 Rec / 1382 yards / 15.0 ypc / 12

(side note: Bryant caught 67% passes thrown his was, Jackson caught only 49%).

Can u say PWND?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Freeman for Romo « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools