Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SULLIVAN INTERVIEWING IN CHICAGO, WHO WOULD TAMPA TURN TO? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 01, 2013, 11:15:29 PM

Norv has already said that he'd be open to an OC position.  Alex Smith definitely had his best season with Norv at OC, at least until Harbaugh came along.  Maybe he could help bring some consistency to Freeman.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 01, 2013, 11:32:21 PM

Norv's days as a HC are done....would welcome him as OC with open arms.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 01, 2013, 11:34:03 PM

Agreed. What team would be foolish enough to hire Turner as a HC? He has consistently failed at being a HC. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 01, 2013, 11:42:20 PM

Possibly Ken Whisenhunt.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 02, 2013, 12:00:54 AM

Agreed. What team would be foolish enough to hire Turner as a HC? He has consistently failed at being a HC.

Three teams in the NFCS have benefited greatly from players the Chargers let walk, not to mention LT. It's not all on Norv.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 02, 2013, 10:14:53 AM

Possibly Ken Whisenhunt.

Unlike Norv and Chan, I think he'll be a HC again.  He took a team to the Superbowl, and damn near won it.  Somebody else will give him a shot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2013, 10:17:57 AM

Sully isn't going to get the job, but just to play devils advocate.....it would be McNuilty. I'd rather us bring in a guy like Wisenhunt or even Norv Turner, but it would be McNuilty.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2013, 01:10:27 PM

Possibly Ken Whisenhunt.

Unlike Norv and Chan, I think he'll be a HC again.  He took a team to the Superbowl, and damn near won it.  Somebody else will give him a shot.
   Agreed. If he's interested, he'd be well worth talking to though. A legit HC too if Schiano happens to split sometime down the road. Asst.HC/OC now would work for me...

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 02, 2013, 01:26:37 PM

John Gruden

Hahaha

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2013, 01:48:25 PM

Pretend for a minute that Gruden was never here. Say he went from the Raiders to some other team with a great defense, immediately won a SB with the #1 ranked defense, and then stunk for years and left the team in shambles when he was fired.......would you want him as your HC now? I'm just curious how many fans of other teams really want Chucky. I mean to outsiders he is probably just an over hyped, loud mouth, egotistical, weirdo that loves every guy on Monday Night Football.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 02, 2013, 01:50:57 PM

Possibly Ken Whisenhunt.

Agreed. If he's interested, he'd be well worth talking to though. A legit HC too if Schiano happens to split sometime down the road. Asst.HC/OC now would work for me...

The only reason Schiano would "split" is he got fired, and that ain't gonna' happen. He doesn't quit. He is dedicated to his job and his community. The winning tradition starts this year.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 02, 2013, 02:02:01 PM

Pretend for a minute that Gruden was never here. Say he went from the Raiders to some other team with a great defense, immediately won a SB with the #1 ranked defense, and then stunk for years and left the team in shambles when he was fired.......would you want him as your HC now? I'm just curious how many fans of other teams really want Chucky. I mean to outsiders he is probably just an over hyped, loud mouth, egotistical, weirdo that loves every guy on Monday Night Football.

Why exclude insiders? There are many here that share that opinion.

He's much better suited to be an OC, and I wouldn't even want him for that. As a HC, he is poisonous. He doesn't teach or build. We had one offense rank #10 and that wasn't even in the SB year. Good luck to any franchise stupid enough to hire him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 02, 2013, 02:02:16 PM

Not a big fan of Norv, but he lead a great offense with Rivers, Sproles, and Jackson. I'm sure he could do similar things with Freeman, Martin, and Jackson.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SULLIVAN INTERVIEWING IN CHICAGO, WHO WOULD TAMPA TURN TO? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools