Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Slot Reciever « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : January 01, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Denard.

Robinson.

Yup.

I like him too. He is definitely electric. I just wonder how well he'll pick up route running and catching. Wouldn't mind him as a project in the later rounds, but hard to take a college QB and expect him to be a play maker as a WR at the next level.
i think he gives us an instant return threat and can blossom into a receiver who can get one or two carries as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 01, 2013, 09:37:51 PM

I wonder how Justin Blackmon would have looked in the offense?

Would anyone have objected to it per hindsight?

Supreme

Starter

#32 : January 01, 2013, 09:48:06 PM

I was a fan of Blackmon last draft. I think he would have flourished in the Bucs offense playing the Victor Cruz role. In hindsight, he would have been the better pick over Barron by far. He gives the offense flexibility and insurance if Jackson or Williams went down as well as a young talent who would have taken over if Jackson's play declined or if Williams left in FA.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 01, 2013, 09:51:50 PM

I was a fan of Blackmon last draft. I think he would have flourished in the Bucs offense playing the Victor Cruz role. In hindsight, he would have been the better pick over Barron by far. He gives the offense flexibility and insurance if Jackson or Williams went down as well as a young talent who would have taken over if Jackson's play declined or if Williams left in FA.

Blackmon is a diva. He would not have taken well to being the 3rd WR. Also the 4th rounder we got for moving down is what allowed us to pick Martin and David. Barron will be much better next year IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 01, 2013, 09:53:04 PM

Supreme, in a lot of the sets, all three of the guys could have been placed on the field at any of the spots. Martin would have gone nuclear.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : January 01, 2013, 09:54:13 PM

I was big on Blackmon before we signed Vincent.

I'm not sure if I'd rather have him over Barron. I think we could find a slot reciever at a better value than where we were picking

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 01, 2013, 09:57:18 PM

i  dont want to spend any picks before our second 4th rounder on an offensive player

I've never understood this logic. If this team drafts say a WR in the 2nd rd that can help them more than say a CB, is that a bad pick? I hate the "gotta draft for need" philosophy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 01, 2013, 09:58:06 PM

Curious, but where does one get info as to the "Diva-ness" of Justin Blackmon?

Guy impressed later in the season with a semi-functional QB flinging his way.

I definitely promoted his selection last season. I am fine with Barron for the time being. His supporting cast was a burning hay shack. Except for Ronde, who hopefully made an impression. But I envisioned Blackmon running some CB ragged...

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 01, 2013, 10:00:13 PM

Curious, but where does one get info as to the "Diva-ness" of Justin Blackmon?

Guy impressed later in the season with a semi-functional QB flinging his way.

I definitely promoted his selection last season. I am fine with Barron for the time being. His supporting cast was a burning hay shack. Except for Ronde, who hopefully made an impression. But I envisioned Blackmon running some CB ragged...

I loved Blackmon and still do. Unfortunately, he plays for the Jags.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 01, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

Yup.

Who knows though. Barron might turn into super stud next season.

We will see.

Supreme

Starter

#40 : January 01, 2013, 10:05:27 PM

Supreme, in a lot of the sets, all three of the guys could have been placed on the field at any of the spots. Martin would have gone nuclear.

Agreed. Having to cover all three would have been a nightmare for any opposing defense especially with having Martin in the backfield.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 01, 2013, 10:10:21 PM

Yup.

Who knows though. Barron might turn into super stud next season.

We will see.

I think Barron showed a lot of improvement over the L3 games. Hopefully he builds on that and improves a lot next season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 01, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

I will say that if Barron is the second coming of Flip, then the guy is a huge bust. If he is Roy Williams, he is a bust.

He really needs to be placed in a scheme that will allow his to utilize what the coaches saw in him to their benefit. But if that requires him to be a box stalking safety, then he was picked incredibly high and completely out if value IMO.

Tough spot for Barron to be in. And Dom and S put him firmly into that spot.

The Freeman

Starter

#43 : January 02, 2013, 01:02:46 AM

sign Julian Edelman or draft Markus Wheaton (Oregon State).
: January 02, 2013, 06:32:16 AM The Freeman

nitey

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 02, 2013, 07:47:36 AM

Denard.

Robinson.

Yup.

I like him too. He is definitely electric. I just wonder how well he'll pick up route running and catching. Wouldn't mind him as a project in the later rounds, but hard to take a college QB and expect him to be a play maker as a WR at the next level.
i think he gives us an instant return threat and can blossom into a receiver who can get one or two carries as well.

I agree. Robinson can play running back, returner and slot receiver in the NFL and I think he'd be a great pickup in the 2nd round (I don't think he'll be available in the 3rd). He would be a headache for any defense. He could also function as an emergency QB during the game when you only carry two QB's. The kid is amazingly talented and tough. Hell, he's talented enough to learn to play the cornerback position, but he'd be a project there. The kid is smart, a team player and is willing to do any role in the NFL. Also he's a good kid.

We could do a lot worse.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Slot Reciever « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools