Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Slot Reciever « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 02, 2013, 06:35:45 PM

Yeah....McCluster is another good comparison for Austin. Good point.

Draft Aaron Donald

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 02, 2013, 06:36:57 PM

I'm talking 2nd for Bailey and 3rd for Austin.

...and yet most websites have Austin as a 1st rounder and Bailey as a 3rd. Blows my mind. And people wonder why I don't just take the word of the "experts"
lmao, did you NOT watch DeSean Jackson in college?

Austin is damn near similar to him. DeSean was a BEAST WR - just too small like Austin is. Austin is easily a first round talent, thing is teams won't take him that early because he is small. He will fall in the 2nd the same way Jackson did.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#77 : January 02, 2013, 06:42:00 PM

I don't think anyone in the draft is going to step in and take the slot next season. Anyone that can help us, at least. Gotta be addressed via free agency. Amendola or maybe, Kevin Ogletree from Dallas. Thoughts on Ogletree?

Bucsman90

Rookie
#78 : January 02, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

Everyone okay with giving up  2nd round pick for Percy Harvin?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#79 : January 02, 2013, 06:44:36 PM

How is McCluster not a good comparison? He is similarly undersized and the Chiefs use him in a variety of roles to get the ball in his hands, primarily as a slot WR and return man his first two years.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 02, 2013, 06:46:31 PM

Slot wr seems to be an afterthought in this offense. Does it even matter ? What's he gonna get , 2 targets a game ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 02, 2013, 06:47:36 PM

I don't think anyone in the draft is going to step in and take the slot next season. Anyone that can help us, at least. Gotta be addressed via free agency. Amendola or maybe, Kevin Ogletree from Dallas. Thoughts on Ogletree?
I disagree. I'm looking at T.Y. Hilton tear it up for the Colts this year. But, anyone Amendola is a pipe-dream. I don't know why he is brought up so much when

A. He is the Rams only WR worth a damn
B. They have cap space
C. They have to build around Bradford

Onto Olgetree, no thank you. He is a ghost. 1 week he'll light you up the next your looking at the box score to see if he played. We need to draft a slot - its a shame Rejus Benn didn't pan out because he is built to play that position he just isn't a good WR.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 02, 2013, 06:50:35 PM

How is McCluster not a good comparison? He is similarly undersized and the Chiefs use him in a variety of roles to get the ball in his hands, primarily as a slot WR and return man his first two years.
Because McCluster was NEVER a full-time WR in COLLEGE!!!

He was an athlete at Ole Miss. McCluster is not polished to play WR in the NFL. Its completely different. Yeah, they moved McCluster to WR in the NFL but how good do you expect him to be, when he doesn't have much starting experience, experience period, at a position that takes time to master? Yeah, bad comparison considering Austin stepped in Morganstown and played WR day 1 as a freshmen.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 02, 2013, 06:52:34 PM

Slot wr seems to be an afterthought in this offense. Does it even matter ? What's he gonna get , 2 targets a game ?
Man, those 2 targets be the biggest difference. Had Underwood make the plays he should've made, Tampa stands a good chance beating the Falcons the first game.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#84 : January 02, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

Yeah, Austin may be better than McCluster (though Steve White is really high on McCluster as a slot WR) but the discussion was still about guys his size playing in the NFL. McCluster is a positive example for Austin fans to point to, a guy that is his size and that can play. I would love to get McCluster in Tampa. If Austin is a better version, I would gladly spend the second on him. Slot WR, return man, with occasional carries (like McCluster or Cobb) would be ideal.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 02, 2013, 07:08:06 PM

Yeah, Austin may be better than McCluster (though Steve White is really high on McCluster as a slot WR) but the discussion was still about guys his size playing in the NFL. McCluster is a positive example for Austin fans to point to, a guy that is his size and that can play. I would love to get McCluster in Tampa. If Austin is a better version, I would gladly spend the second on him. Slot WR, return man, with occasional carries (like McCluster or Cobb) would be ideal.
That's nice.

Austin is going to be better than McCluster. I have no qualms about it. Again, McCluster didn't even play WR in college and he still had a productive year with Kansas City and that crap QB situation. I can't imagine how much better Austin will be considering he's been playing the WR position much longer. Sign me up for Tavon in round 2, if Eifert is gone.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 02, 2013, 08:29:16 PM

Hey Det, you should try putting "I think" in front of your statements. When you post your opinion as fact it makes you seem arrogant and unapproachable. Besides, last year you claimed Martin was a decent 4th round pick and we should spend a 2nd on a real RB like Chris Polk....so your opinion is far from fact. I get you think Austin is the bees knees, but you can express how much you like him with resorting the whole "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG STUPID FACE!" routine. I mean it's all opinion bro. Nobody on the planet Earth really knows how any prospect will do in the NFL.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#87 : January 02, 2013, 10:59:09 PM

Everyone okay with giving up  2nd round pick for Percy Harvin?
Probably would never happen but I'd do it.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Slot Reciever « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools