Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 59

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#240 : February 26, 2013, 04:25:25 PM

Doloris is a troll because Doloris is a troll.

Insert the ever-predictable: "u mad?"

My favorite is when he posts it after getting pwned.  Simpletons will be simpletons.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#241 : February 26, 2013, 05:18:37 PM

With Star and Jarvis Jones almost certainly falling out of the top 15 due to medical issues, and one of the QB needy teams apparently trading for Alex Smith.....I'm just hoping that one of the top three OTs or CBs are there at 13.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#242 : February 26, 2013, 09:02:32 PM

2-26-13 POST COMBINE MOCK

I am assuming that we sign Michael Bennett and Martellus Bennett in FA along with Keenan Lewis

1st - Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

Rhodes balled out at the combine and punched his ticket to the first round.

2nd - Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State

Ronde isnt playing forever and we need a ballhawk on the back end to pair with Barron.

3rd - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

Yep, more secondary help. our DBs were a hot mess last year and we need a complete overhaul. Poyer is a playmaker and fits the bill here.

4th - Jordan Hill DT Penn State

We need a presence in the middle of our line to add depth next to Mccoy. Hill fits the bill in this range.

4th - Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

DE is still a concern and we could definately use depth. Bowers' future is uncertain and if nothing else we need a better option than Teo-Nesheim

5th - Conner Vernon WR Duke

Underwood was very average playing the slot and had some downright awful games. Vernon is an outstanding slot receiver and will really help us in the short to intermediate passing game.

6th - Lonnie Pryor FB/RB FSU

We need another back to pair with Martin and Pryor would make a great comboback. he can play fullback as well as runningback.

7th - Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin

More DT depth in case Roy Miller isnt back.

zsmith22

Starter

#243 : February 26, 2013, 09:09:34 PM

My mock draft after the combine:
1st Round: Kenny Vacarro, FS Texas (Pick determined by free agency. If we sign a guy like Sean Smith or Derek Cox, CB is not as pressing of a need as it is now. I believe Eric Wright will return with a restructured deal. If Ronde retires, this is a no brainer. But even if he doesn't, he can play a nickel role. And besides, Milliner will Definetly be gone, but I think that Rhodes will be picked by the dolphins.)
2nd Round:Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State (Kid who can come in and have an impact.)
3rd Round:Marqusie Goodwin, WR Texas (My favorite player in the draft. Could come in and start from day one at the slot and return kicks.)
Trade Back Into late 3rd, giving up one 4th and the 6th: Oday Aboushi OT, Virginia (Could come in and battle Dotson day one)
4th Round: Stepfan Taylor, RB Stanford (comes in and backs up Dougie. Could play the role DJ Ware played this past season)
5th Round: Quanterus Smith, DE Western Kentucky (I've seen this guy play in person, and he's an absolute beast. Great get in the fifth.)
7th Round: BPA (Maybe a QB)

Free Agency:
Resign Michael Bennett
Sign Martellus Bennett
Resign Roy Miller
Sign Derek Cox (much cheaper than Sean smith)

So, our CB depth Chart would look like this
Wright
Cox
Poyer
Ronde/Leonard Johnson

Huge Improvement from Last year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#244 : February 26, 2013, 09:18:12 PM

highly doubt we take a safety in the first. i will burn down 1 Buc and the fans will rebel big time.

you are getting dazzled by combine bullsh** with marquise goodwin. kid is a track athlete and not a good football player. if you watched the drills youd know he doesnt catch naturally. he also didnt get a lot of touches at Texas which is a red flag for a talented kid like this. dont buy into the hype. weve already got a fast guy that cant catch playing slot right now, we dont need another. hes a major reach in the 3rd. maybe the 5th, not the 3rd. big time Al Davis pick

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#245 : February 26, 2013, 09:22:05 PM

Nah....it's not combine BS with Zsmith. 65 of his 70 posts are about how Goodwin is the steal of the draft. He's consistent.

zsmith22

Starter

#246 : February 26, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

I completely understand why a lot of buc fans are hesitant to take Goodwin. People invision him as the next Dexter Jackson, and as a whole our fan base is still hurting from that pick. But something about Goodwin is different, he's a playmaker, which this team really needs. He reminds me of devin Hester in his prime, only a better Reciever.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#247 : February 26, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

I don't think he is Dexter Jackson. I just think he is a track star trying to play football. He doesn't look good catching the ball or running routes. He doesn't look shifty. He's just an undersized guy that runs real fast in a straight line.

zsmith22

Starter

#248 : February 26, 2013, 09:33:32 PM

Jdub, I don't want any conflict here or anything. I respect your opinion and think you're one of the best on this board, but I just can't help but have the feeling your wrong about this one. I watched Goodwin in the senior bowl, combine, and have looked at his highlight tape from last year. I think he has what it takes to be a stud in this league, but I guess we'll see next year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#249 : February 26, 2013, 09:41:33 PM

It's all good man. I fall in love with late round prospects every year and everyone tells me I'm dumb. If you feel that strongly that the guy is something special, than stick to your guns bro. Hopefully he ends up being great!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#250 : February 26, 2013, 09:54:18 PM

I completely understand why a lot of buc fans are hesitant to take Goodwin. People invision him as the next Dexter Jackson, and as a whole our fan base is still hurting from that pick. But something about Goodwin is different, he's a playmaker, which this team really needs. He reminds me of devin Hester in his prime, only a better Reciever.

but he wasnt a playmaker in college, thats my point. if this was jeff demps i could understand. demps was a trackguy but he was also a good football player and had good college production at UF. goodwin hasnt done very much and a 3rd rounder is way too much of an investment on this guy

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#251 : February 26, 2013, 10:03:00 PM

It's all good man. I fall in love with late round prospects every year and everyone tells me I'm dumb.

Very true , but they don't tell you that just because you like late round picks...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#252 : February 26, 2013, 10:03:07 PM

I live about 15 miles from DKR where the Horns play infront of 100,000+. I watched nearly every play Goodwin was involved in for the past few years. Dude is fast, that's it.

Dex, you nailed it with this post.

highly doubt we take a safety in the first. i will burn down 1 Buc and the fans will rebel big time.

you are getting dazzled by combine bullsh** with marquise goodwin. kid is a track athlete and not a good football player. if you watched the drills youd know he doesnt catch naturally. he also didnt get a lot of touches at Texas which is a red flag for a talented kid like this. dont buy into the hype. weve already got a fast guy that cant catch playing slot right now, we dont need another. hes a major reach in the 3rd. maybe the 5th, not the 3rd. big time Al Davis pick

I will help you carry the gasoline and kerosene to light up OPB with you if we waste another 1st rounder on a safety whose talent can be had in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

big_JLB

Starter

#253 : February 27, 2013, 03:09:18 PM

post combine mock

round 1: CB desmond trufant (washington) - prior to the combine i was pretty sure this was going to be a lineman, now unless someone slides out of the top-10, i think all the DE's worth the #13 pick will be gone. i hope ansah is still there though, he's def worth the gamble. i dont see one of the top 3 OT's falling either. lane johnson is a lock for san diego with #11 IMO, especially if arizona takes fisher @ 7. that leaves trufant or rhodes, or one of sheldon richardson or shariff floyd. floyd might be the 1st DT taken now that there are health concerns with lotuleilei (if he falls they have to be all over that). however, trufant has cemented himself as a first rounder and is only a slight reach @13
alternate picks: DE ezekiel ansah (BYU), CB xavier rhodes (florida state), DT sheldon richardson (missouri), LB jarvis jones (georgia), OT lane johnson, (oklahoma), DT star lotuleilei (utah)

round 2: TE zach ertz (stanford) - deep draft for TE's, and they will take arguably the best available in the stanford product. excellent receiver and a physical blocker
alternate picks: CB jordan poyer (oregon state), CB logan ryan (rutgers), TE vance mcdonald (rice), FS philip thomas (fresno state)

round 3: QB tyler bray (tennessee) - surprise pick, but bray could develop into a solid NFL QB. IMO he would be an excellent project and could legitimately push freeman on talent alone. sucks to have to use a 3rd rounder and it could very easily be a CB or TE depending on who's left on the board and the previous selection, but the FA QB market stinks and i think the team would rather have a developmental guy on the roster this year rather than having to start from ground zero with a highly-drafted rookie next year if #5 blows it.
alternate picks: CB leon mcfadden (san diego state), TE travis kelce (cincinnati), OLB khaseem greene (rutgers), DT brandon williams (missouri southern state), FS D.J. swearinger (south carolina), WR ryan swope (texas A&M), WR stedman bailey (west virgina)

round 4: CB B.W. webb (william & mary)  - small school prospect, however he has a good nose for the ball and isn't afraid to get physical in run support. will help to improve the return game as well
alternate picks: WR tavarres king (georgia), CB darius slay (mississippi state), DE devin taylor (south carolina), FS D.J. swearinger (south carolina)

round 4: WR connor vernon (duke) - may be a bit of a reach, however the former duke WR simply gets open and has soft hands. has a reception in every career game played at duke and is the ACC all-time leader in receptions
alternate picks: TE chris gragg (arkansas), CB will davis (utah state), WR ace sanders (south carolina), QB landry jones (oklahoma)

round 5: DE david bass (missouri western state) - dom's recent comments regarding the resigning of bennett and bowers' apparent future with the team makes it seem that DE isn't as high of a priority as originally thought. i still believe it will be addressed, however outside of taking a DE like ansah or jordan in the first i think the approach they will take is to bring back bennett at a decent price and try to find a player in the later rounds. hello david bass. small school prospect that absolutely dominated the D-II level at missouri western
alternate picks: QB matt scott (arizona), DT everett dawkins (florida state), CB nickell robey (USC), CB adrian bushell (louisville), OT rick wagner (wisconsin)

round 6: FS josh evans (florida) - just like with elam at florida, in tampa evans' coverage ability at FS will allow barron to do his thing as an in-the-box run defender. evans competes for the ball when its in the air and can also help to generate some pressure on the blitz
alternate picks: DE michael buchanon (illinois), WR josh boyce (TCU), TE joseph fauria (UCLA), RB zac stacy (vanderbilt), WR T.J. moe (missouri)

round 7: OLB philip steward (houston) - 7th round pick could be a flier on any number of positions, but OLB is a need considering black's injury. not sure how they're going to address the position, but i doubt it will be a high priority. they very well could roll with one of watson or hayward as the starter, but i'm pretty sure someone will be brought in to compete. as was mentioned in a SR's fab 5 last week, steward has the same production at houston as khaseem green who will likely be drafted anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th, but steward can be had in the 7th
alternate picks: DE quanterus smith (western kentucky) RB robbie rouse (fresno state),  FS rontez miles (california PA), TE philip lutzenkirchen (auburn), CB rod sweeting (LSU)
: February 27, 2013, 07:20:01 PM big_JLB

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#254 : February 28, 2013, 07:45:00 AM

Post Combine / Pre Free Agency Mock:

1. Desmond Trufant / CB / Washington :  I always liked him , but thought we were not in the right position to draft him. After his dominating performance at the Senior Bowl and at the combine however , it would be hard to make the case that he is NOT worthy of a #1 pick.

2. David Amerson / CB-FS / NC State : Big , fast , versatile player with too much upside to pass up. He plays the ball in the air like a WR , and has the size and ability to play Free Safety if we feel that is the better fit.

3. Gavin Escobar / TE / San Diego State : Slow 40 time assures he will be there for us in the 3rd round. Amazingly soft hands  , though , and all the tools to be a solid starter for years to come.

4. Ace Sanders / WR / South Carolina : SImply the most dynamic KR to enter the draft in recent years . Elite quickness will help him develop into a solid slot WR down the road.

4. Zac Dysert / QB / Miami (OH ) : Big strong kid with lots of upside,  also provides a little better competition for Freeman than Orlovsky . Reminds me of Big Ben.

5. Xavier Nixon / OT / Florida : Great athlete who has had some dominating performances against elite competition. He's also battled some inconsistency , but that's why you can get him this late. The upside is better than any other lineman you'll find at this point in the draft. Real sleeper potential here. ( Ask Tank Carradine , who he dominated )

6. Rex Burkhead / RB / Nebraska : Hamster needs a real back-up . He's undeniably slow , but that (and injuries last season) are the only reason he's here in the 6th round. Kid runs strong and hard, with good vision.  Also has extremely high character, doing work in the community , etc. = buccaneer man . I like him.

7.  Dan Giordano / DE / Cincinati : High motor scrappy player who has potential to provide some decent depth if we lose either Bowers or Bennett.

: February 28, 2013, 07:47:51 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools