Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 59

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #270 : February 28, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »

I hope we don't trade them away. If anything I hope we trade back to get more picks in the 2nd through 4th round.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #271 : February 28, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »

Ace is a better returner than anyone else you can name in this draft.  The fact that he isn't ready to start in the slot from day 1 isn't that big of a concern for me. We can find a decent slot guy in free agency for relatively cheap. What you can't find in free agency is a returner as dynamic as Ace.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #272 : February 28, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

Ace is 5'7" 170lbs with the shortest arms at the entire combine and itty bitty hands. He looked awkward catching the ball in drills. If you want him as a returner, that's cool....but the odds are he never turns into a slot receiver in the NFL, so I think you have to be comfortable with him only being a returner if you draft him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #273 : February 28, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »

Im good with that,  but I also don't agree he can never be a decent wr because his hands are small. I also think there are creative ways to use him on offense right away to get him in space and doing what he does - making guys miss.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #274 : February 28, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »

1) Desmond Trufant CB Washington
2) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St.
3) Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
3) Jonathan Cyprien FS FIU
package both 4's for ^

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #275 : February 28, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »

My best guess how the first 12 picks go.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joekel OT Texas A&M
   Alex Smith to the Chiefs takes Geno Smith off their list. Not a huge need at OT but Joekel is to good to pass up,
   Albert moves to the inside.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ezekial Ansah DE Brigham Young
   They were last in sacks last year, Damontre Moore's poor combine is Ansah's gain.

3. Oakland Raiders - Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
   It's a big need and Jarvis Jones is arguably the best defensive player in this draft.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Sharriff Floyd DT Florida
   The Eagles are moving to a 34 and they need a NT, Floyd bennefits with Star's heart concerns.

5. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner DE FSU
   They could lose Avril, VanDen Bosch won't be back. Makes sense.

6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner CB Alabama
   Not a big need, but Milliner would make their secondary ridicoulous. Good insurance for when Haden
   gets hurt or suspended.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
   They need OL help in the worst way, Geno Smith will be enticing but I think they target Barkley or Wilson
   in the 2nd round and start the season with Kolb.

8. Buffalo Bills -  Geno Smith QB WVU
   No brainer.

9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo DE/LB LSU
   Forget the stats Mingo has the most upside of any of the pass rushers in this draft.

10. Tennessee Titans - Chance Warmack OG Alabama
    OG is a big need, Warmack is the surest thing in this draft.

11. San Diego Chargers - Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
    To say they need a OT is a understatement.

12. Miami Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
    Patterson is drawing comparisons to Julio Jones, it's their biggest need. If they decide to go the
    free agency route this pick is most likely Xavier Rhodes.

That would leave our Buc's with a choice of Star Lotulelei, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Sheldon Richardson, Dion Jordan, Damontre Moore, Jonathan Banks

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #276 : February 28, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »

By the way , Jdouble , this is from Russ lande  - the same guy you linked to in another post :

Players who helped themselves the most at the combine :
11. "Ace Sanders, WR/RET, South Carolina: Tavon Austin may well have laid claim to being the best slot receiver / returner in the Draft, but Ace Sanders had an outstanding workout himself. Viewed as not having the top end talent to make up for his lack of size, Sanders’ showed explosive acceleration, sharp route running ability and soft, natural hands throughout positional drills. His performance will not move him into the first or second round, but it likely put him in position to be a third or fourth round selection."
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/14-Players-Who-Helped-Their-Draft-Stock-Most-At-Combine.html

So who doesn't know what they are watching ? You or Russ Lande ?

« : February 28, 2013, 07:24:56 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #277 : February 28, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »

Yeah I saw that. Dude must be blind. I watched every WR drill. He did not look good catching the ball.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #278 : February 28, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

Yeah I saw that. Dude must be blind. I watched every WR drill. He did not look good catching the ball.

I actually hope you are right in this case because it would mean he is also most likely wrong about Trufant and Rhodes. We need a true #1 corner more than we need a slot wr.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #279 : February 28, 2013, 07:29:57 PM »

No sanders pls.

So many other more complete options. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #280 : February 28, 2013, 07:30:04 PM »

I don't agree with him on Trufant and Rhodes. I just shared that article because the thread is about Trufant and Rhodes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #281 : March 01, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »

If we include trades in our mock, I'd like us to trade out of 13 to the back of the 1st round. Somewhere in the mid 20s if possible. For that kind of move I think we could get a late 2nd or early 3rd, which would give us four picks in the 25-73 range, which would be great imo. If we could pull that off, I personally would target Tank Carridine, Gavin Escobar, and Stedman Bailey.....in that order, then we'd still have our original 3rd round pick (73), and our two 4ths (109 and 123)....not to mention our 5th, 6th, and 7th. We could even try to package our two 4ths to move back into the 3rd if the right player was there. I just think in general, and especially this year, the more picks you can get between 25 and 75 the better off you are. That seems like the sweet spot where you get the most bang for your buck.

Even if you hate the three guys I picked and would take other players, I think this strategy is what is important. There just isn't anyone at 13 that is so amazing that we can't get similar talent at 25. So I'd take the extra pick(s) in a heart beat.

swamp_bats

Starter
« #282 : March 01, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »

Sign Both Bennett Bros, Chris Gamble, Mr. Barber and Teo-Nesheim
Extend Mike Williams
Cut Wright and Black

Round 1 Star DT Utah
Round 2 Banks CB Miss ST
Round 3 Sw0pe Wr Tex A.M.
Round 3 Escobar TE San Diego St (Trading the 4th rounders)

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #283 : March 01, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »

Round 1 Star DT Utah
Round 2 Banks CB Miss ST

This is what I'm hoping for. I'd also be happy with Austin with the second pick, though I think that's much less likely.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Tampafan8251

Starter
« #284 : March 01, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »

Free Agency:
Sean Smith- seems to be our number one target, lets get it done, big physical corner who can match up with the big wr's in our division, I think Schiano can get him to his full potential and only 24 years old
Greg Toler- can come in and start opposite Smith, not a big deal to get it done and we wont have to rush our rookie cb's that we draft
Ramses Barden- Big wr with good potential, Sullivan is familar with him and will know how to use him
Martellus Bennett- we resign his bro and he has stated he is basically done in NY, easy get if we reisgn his bro

Draft
1. Trufant: We trade down because the guys we were targeting are gone and get a team that has a need, we move back to around 18-20 and pick up a 3rd
2. Margus Hunt- if he is still there I want us to be all over this kid, he's a monster and adds the pass rush that we need.
3.Ryan S**CENSORED**e- I really want this kid, he has had a very good combine and would love to grab him to make him the future guy in the slut for us.
3.Brennan Williams UNC- Big tackle that can come in and compete with Dotson, we need depth there bad
4.J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern- After watching tape and the combine I like this kid more and more, Ronde wont be around forever and from what I see Wilcox has played both safety spots
4.Matt Scott Arziona- I know this year there will be nothing major done with Free and I am ok with that because I am still high on him, but getting a devlopmental guy wouldnt be a bad idea, sleeper QB here for me.
5.Brandon McGee Miami- this may be one of my favorite sleeper CB prosepcts, we met extensively with him at the Shrine Game and he is physical and I think has good potential, he wont get rushed into things either with our signings.
6.Zach Stacy Vandy- been high on him for awhile and think he would push Smith and Ware to get touches behind our stud RB Dougie Fresh
7.D.C. Jefferson Rutgers- a guy we can develop and see where his athletic body can get him, always had potential to catch but never got the looks, good blocker also
Thoughts? I think it hits all of our needs may not be perfect but I would love for this to happen
  Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools