Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 59

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#495 : April 04, 2013, 03:25:56 PM

They'd had Nassib as the #1 guy for months. Lots of shenanigans over there at NFP. Whole site is smoking crack if you ask me.

Wouldn't surprise me if Nassib turned into a star or if he busted. You just can't tell with QBs anymore. Except the USC guy. I don't think it's possible for him to succeed.

EDIT: Post 2000. It's been a great 8 years with you guys.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#496 : April 04, 2013, 04:19:01 PM

Quote from: dexmonkey
for once i dont hate mel kiper's picks. this works for me. would rather have a corner in the first but lotulelei wouldnt upset me in the least. he and mccoy could be deadly in the middle
I agree. I think the two of them pushing the pocket will put Gorrer and Rogers in the pro-bowl.

Couldn't disagree more. It would be a waste of a pick...the only one who would get enough push would be the DT who isn't getting doubled...which in most instances would be GMC.

Edge rushers are what the Bucs need to improve the pass rush....not drafting a quality prospect to be a role player...which is what a NT is in our system, period.
: April 04, 2013, 05:42:27 PM chace1986

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#497 : April 04, 2013, 05:35:36 PM

preach

kylel6901

Starter

#498 : April 04, 2013, 05:57:53 PM

So fellow Bucs fan, A question brought up on a radio show today had me thinking...  If we trade our 1st and 2nd rd pick in next years draft to get Revis and we restructure Wrights contract, resign Barber and still have Leonard Johnson... Who would you draft in rounds 1-5 for this year?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#499 : April 04, 2013, 06:43:45 PM

So fellow Bucs fans, A question brought up on a radio show today had me thinking...  If we trade our 1st and 2nd rd pick in next years draft to get Revis and we restructure Wrights contract, resign Barber and still have Leonard Johnson... Who would you draft in rounds 1-5 for this year?

BPA, for the most part.
There still would at some point need to be a young CB added in the first 3 rounds.
2-3 of the picks would need to go toward improving the pass rush
The last pick or two could be spent on OL and/or a receiving threat.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#500 : April 04, 2013, 06:54:00 PM

Sanders Comings?  CB 217  6' 2"...

http://nationalfootballpost.sportsdirectinc.com/football/ncaaf-players.aspx?page=/data/ncaaf/players/player36508.html

Never heard of the guy...   He's got the right size and sounds like he plays man well.

STRENGTHS - Commings possesses outstanding size for the position. He possesses the height, length and bulk of a safety but the athleticism and fluidity of a smaller NFL CB. He does an excellent job of staying over his feet in his pedal which allows him to flip his hips and change directions fluidly without losing ground in transition. In man coverage he displays a solid feel for his man's route and shows the awareness and acceleration to cut routes off at the break point and play the ball in the air. He plucks the ball away from his frame naturally and has the speed to score once he's made the interception. Against the run he is quick to attack and gain leverage on blockers, and breaks down in space with excellent base and leverage.

WEAKNESSES - Commings needs to be more consistently physical in man coverage, as he tends to give free releases off the LOS and allow his man to get in and out of his break uncontested. He doesn't display the same instincts in zone coverage that he does in man, as he tends to be a beat late recognizing and closing on assignments. While he is usually in position to make tackles against the run, he tends to leave his feet and miss arm tackles.

SUMMARY -Sanders Commings hasn't received as much hype as several of his defensive teammates at Georgia, but he is clearly a top level prospect in his own right. Few NFL CBs possess his combination of size, strength and athleticism, and he has the versatility to produce in a number of roles. Although he needs to be more physical jamming at the LOS, he is effective in man coverage because of his fluid hips, instincts, body control and ball skills. He displays the speed and lateral agility to stay with crossing routes out of the slot, and possesses the strength and base to be an effective player against the run. NFL scouts will certainly have questions about his January 2012 arrest for simple battery and domestic violence, but his high upside could convince a team to select him much higher than the media projects

Post #449 , Blind.  He was part of my mock . Come to when you want the sleepers in this draft , I have them before anyone  ;)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#501 : April 04, 2013, 06:55:45 PM

I think Buc fans in general undervalue the NT position because we have never had a great one. If we had a DT playing nose, that was as explosive as McCoy...it would open so many things up. The center can only double team one DT at a time, so one is always getting a one on one match up, and believe it or not, pressure straight up the middle gets to the QB faster than pressure from the edge. It would also open up bigger seems for blitzing.

Personally I think the only DT that fits that bill is Floyd, and I know we won't likely get anywhere near him because he'll be a top 5 pick....so while I like the idea of having a great DT next to McCoy...I don't see value in it at 13. Star is not going to create havok. Sheldon Richardson flashes great pass rushing, but he looks awful as a nose tackle and can't anchor at all. So unless Floyd somehow slips, I don't think DT makes sense in the first.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#502 : April 04, 2013, 07:12:52 PM

Also, I like Sander Commings more than Trufant, Banks, Poyer, or Logan Ryan. I'm really surprised he is rated as a 5th or 6th round prospect.

With guys like Commings, DJ Hayden, Leon McFadden, Robert Alford, Tyrann Mathieu, AJ Bouye, and Brandon McGee projected to go in the middle to late rounds.....I would love to see us spend our last 4 picks on CBs. (4th, 5th, and two 6ths) I'll be surprised if all those guys go as late as they are projected though. I think most of those guys are 3rd or 4th round prospects. We'll see what the NFL thinks in a few weeks.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#503 : April 04, 2013, 07:21:10 PM

Also, I like Sander Commings more than Trufant, Banks, Poyer, or Logan Ryan. I'm really surprised he is rated as a 5th or 6th round prospect.

I heard he shat himself in the Senior Bowl workouts .....whatever , I love his potential if we get him in the 5th or 6th.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#504 : April 04, 2013, 07:26:32 PM

So fellow Bucs fan, A question brought up on a radio show today had me thinking...  If we trade our 1st and 2nd rd pick in next years draft to get Revis and we restructure Wrights contract, resign Barber and still have Leonard Johnson... Who would you draft in rounds 1-5 for this year?

1. Star, or Austin if they are there. (Maybe even trade down)
2. Logan Ryan or the best TE
3. Best TE or Best LB
4. BPA
4B. BPA
5. BPA

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#505 : April 04, 2013, 07:29:29 PM

1. Star, or Austin if they are there. (Maybe even trade down)
2. Logan Ryan or the best TE
3. Best TE or Best LB
4. BPA
4B. BPA
5. BPA

Okay, but who ARE your BPAs?

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#506 : April 04, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

With guys like Commings, DJ Hayden, Leon McFadden, Robert Alford, Tyrann Mathieu, AJ Bouye, and Brandon McGee projected to go in the middle to late rounds.....I would love to see us spend our last 4 picks on CBs. (4th, 5th, and two 6ths) I'll be surprised if all those guys go as late as they are projected though. I think most of those guys are 3rd or 4th round prospects. We'll see what the NFL thinks in a few weeks.

pretty sure commings had off the field issues.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#507 : April 04, 2013, 07:54:20 PM

Didn't know that Dex. I just read up on it and it appears he has has multiple domestic violence charges. Most were dropped, but that doesn't mean anything. That really sucks because I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not interested in any women beaters. Dude can kick rocks.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#508 : April 04, 2013, 07:59:10 PM

Didn't know that Dex. I just read up on it and it appears he has has multiple domestic violence charges. Most were dropped, but that doesn't mean anything. That really sucks because I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not interested in any women beaters. Dude can kick rocks.

yeah id be surprised if we picked him. hes definately not a schiano guy

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#509 : April 04, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

Pass Rush, CB, OL/TE

No particular order

Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools