Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 59

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#510 : April 04, 2013, 09:49:05 PM

Didn't know that Dex. I just read up on it and it appears he has has multiple domestic violence charges. Most were dropped, but that doesn't mean anything. That really sucks because I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not interested in any women beaters. Dude can kick rocks.

I was arrested for domestic violence after someone attacked me and I never hit anyone. Cops aren't exactly PhD holders.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#511 : April 04, 2013, 09:58:48 PM

Didn't know that Dex. I just read up on it and it appears he has has multiple domestic violence charges. Most were dropped, but that doesn't mean anything. That really sucks because I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not interested in any women beaters. Dude can kick rocks.

I was arrested for domestic violence after someone attacked me and I never hit anyone. Cops aren't exactly PhD holders.

In all fairness, it seems that all three of his incidents were with the same girl, so it could be that he is just is a bad relationship with an unstable chic. Guys do always get the short end of the stick when cops are called...no matter who is at fault. I saw my buddy get arrested once because his girl went psycho on him, punching and scratching his face repeatedly. After running away for a few minutes and yelling at her to calm down, he grabbed he from behind and got her in a bear hug and restrained her until the cops got there.....and they arrested him for domestic violence! Lol. So I guess it's not fair to completely write the guy off....but hitting a women is about as low as it gets and it is definitely a big negative against him.

Draft Aaron Donald

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#512 : April 04, 2013, 10:00:52 PM

You cannot assume he hit anyone...

Find the blotter report at whatever state/county it happened in.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#513 : April 04, 2013, 11:42:21 PM

In all fairness, it seems that all three of his incidents were with the same girl, so it could be that he is just is a bad relationship with an unstable chic. Guys do always get the short end of the stick when cops are called...no matter who is at fault. I saw my buddy get arrested once because his girl went psycho on him, punching and scratching his face repeatedly. After running away for a few minutes and yelling at her to calm down, he grabbed he from behind and got her in a bear hug and restrained her until the cops got there.....and they arrested him for domestic violence! Lol. So I guess it's not fair to completely write the guy off....but hitting a women is about as low as it gets and it is definitely a big negative against him.

Oh sweet Buddha, that's almost exactly what happened to me. I run around the house avoiding the psycho. Never hit anyone and I spend the night in the slammer. Yay justice!

RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#514 : April 05, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

I believe the reason he will probably drop from a 4th rounder down to a 6th has more to do with his terrible week at the Senior Bowl than some old domestic charges , although that doesn't help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#515 : April 06, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

No Revis/Dream Mock

1st round - We manage to trade back from 13 to the mid 20s. We pick up a late 2nd round pick for moving back 10-15 spots in the first round. With our newly acquired late first round pick, we draft Florida State defensive end Cornelius Tank Carradine.

2nd round - we now have two 2nd round picks. With our original pick we select San Diego State Tight End Gavin Escobar. Later on in the 2nd round we use our newly acquired pick to draft Houston cornerback DJ Hayden. *Option B would be to use one of our 2nd rounders to steal Sam Shields from the Packers instead of drafting Hayden.

3rd round - With our one pick of the 3rd round we select West Virginia receiver Stedman Bailey.

4th round - We have two picks in the 4th round. We package the first of those picks two with our one of our 6th round picks, to move up to the top of the 4th round and we double dip with San Diego State cornerback Leon McFadden. With our second 4th round pick we select our third cornerback in Georgia cornerback Sander Commings.

5th round
- In the 5th round we solidify the backfield and find our return man in Arkansas running back Dennis Johnson.

6th round - We traded away one of our 6th round picks to move up in the 4th, and with no picks in the 7th round.....this is our final pick. We take little known Southern Illinois linebacker Jayson DiManche to compete at Sam. 

I think this draft does a great job at filling all our needs and adding great talent to our roster. I think people would forget about Revis soon enough and we would be exciting to watch as our young players get better and better. So write me up 3SK. The draft is in 19 days and this is my final mock.
: April 08, 2013, 05:10:46 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#516 : April 06, 2013, 01:32:10 AM

I like the logic JDub, but I think those corners suck :\ Unless Barber is gonna move back?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#517 : April 06, 2013, 08:21:16 AM

I like the logic JDub, but I think those corners suck :\ Unless Barber is gonna move back?

To each his own. You could replace the names with Banks, Ryan, and Poyer if you prefer those guys. Everyone has their favorites. Point is we can move on and be a very good team even if we don't get Revis or draft a CB in the first.

Also......those CBs don't suck!!!!  :D
: April 06, 2013, 08:23:13 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#518 : April 06, 2013, 08:56:16 AM

I'm not seeing many people talking about Carradine being a 1st rounder...I would rather us get to the second day and if he last a few picks into the second...then trade up and get him.

With what is currently on the roster, TE and WR should not be taken before 2 CBs, IMO. especially if Revis is not acquired. Wouldn't want to leave the fate of our D-backfield in the hands of two 4th round CBs.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#519 : April 06, 2013, 09:00:47 AM

No Revis/Dream Mock

1st round - We manage to trade back from 13 to the mid 20s. We pick up a late 2nd round pick for moving back 10-15 spots in the first round. With our newly acquired late first round pick, we draft Florida State defensive end Cornelius Tank Carradine.

2nd round - we now have two 2nd round picks. With our original pick we select San Diego State Tight End Gavin Escobar. Later on in the 2nd round we use our newly acquired pick to draft Houston cornerback DJ Hayden.

3rd round - With our one pick of the 3rd round we select West Virginia receiver Stedman Bailey.

4th round - We have two picks in the 4th round. We package the first of those picks two with our one of our 6th round picks, to move up to the top of the 4th round and we double dip with San Diego State cornerback Leon McFadden. With our second 4th round pick we select our third cornerback in Georgia cornerback Sander Commings.

5th round
- In the 5th round we solidify the backfield and find our return man in Arkansas running back Dennis Johnson.

6th round - We traded away one of our 6th round picks to move up in the 4th, and with no picks in the 7th round.....this is our final pick. We take little known Southern Illinois linebacker Jayson DiManche to compete at Sam. 

I think this draft does a great job at filling all our needs and adding great talent to our roster. I think people would forget about Revis soon enough and we would be exciting to watch as our young players get better and better. So write me up 3SK. The draft is in 19 days and this is my final mock.

SO , you reach on a TE in the 2nd that will be there in the 3rd because everyone is concerned with how slow he is ....then you pick an undersized slot wr in the 3rd .

Oh and you completely ignore corner until the end of the 2nd , despite losing out on Revis....

It's a dream alright  , of the nightmare variety ....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#520 : April 06, 2013, 09:35:40 AM

today, using JDoubs trade...

1 - sylvester williams - dont love the DT in the 1st but gives us versatility and has the butch davis connection.
2 - jamar taylor.
2 - johnthan banks.  too much smoke for no fire, a guy they think is value here.
3 - barrett jones.  more versatility.
4 - travis kelce.  team does research and cant pass up the blocking/catching ability.
4 - christine michael.  did i get fooled by the smoke?
5 - mike catapano.  just for you guys that want another DE.
6 - keith pough.  insurance on casillas and watson.
6 - ace sanders.  not even sure where he is mocked, but a poor mans tavon?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#521 : April 06, 2013, 11:57:08 AM

I'm not seeing many people talking about Carradine being a 1st rounder...I would rather us get to the second day and if he last a few picks into the second...then trade up and get him.

With what is currently on the roster, TE and WR should not be taken before 2 CBs, IMO. especially if Revis is not acquired. Wouldn't want to leave the fate of our D-backfield in the hands of two 4th round CBs.

carradine is actually mocked to the falcons quite a bit on the NFL.com analyst mocks and some of cbs sports and i want to say walterfootball had him late in the 1st as well. hes viewed as a late first early second. he has a workout on the 20th and if his knee checks out and he can move i could see him being off the board late in the first. if hes there in the 2nd when we pick and we take a corner in the 1st he needs to be the choice. we need passrush in the worst way and you could slide clayborn inside on 3rd down to generate more rush

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#522 : April 06, 2013, 12:00:13 PM

1 - sylvester williams - dont love the DT in the 1st but gives us versatility and has the butch davis connection.
2 - jamar taylor.
2 - johnthan banks.  too much smoke for no fire, a guy they think is value here.
4 - travis kelce.  team does research and cant pass up the blocking/catching ability.

solid mock draft right here. not flashy but it gets the job done. i actually really like this one because it fills needs and gets good value. i know everyone hates a DT in the 1st but im ok if it shakes out like that. we NEED someone next to mccoy and if we trade back into the 20s then the value is there. i like the barret jones pick even though we dont neccessarily need him but he so versatile that you cant understate his value. if we decide to get rid of joseph in a year or two because hes not the same after the knee or we need cap room jones can step right in. he can also play center at a high level if we decide we need an upgrade there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#523 : April 06, 2013, 02:50:07 PM

2 - jamar taylor.

Ace Sanders is a late 4th rounder early 5th from most projections I've seen. If you are looking for a KR he's not a poor man's anything , he is the best.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#524 : April 06, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Even Jamarcus Russell could throw for 300 on the D if Barber retired XD

Page: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools