Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 59

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #675 : April 20, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »

Going into this I never expected to pick a TE in round one, but based on who is likely to be available at no.13 I think Eifert is the best available player who also fits a need. Tom Crabtree is our best TE on the roster at the moment.

=/

I suggest you watch his film. He looks like K2 but goes after the ball more aggressively and is great at sealing the edge in the run game.

I absolutely love his film.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #676 : April 20, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

Note. If the revis trade doesn't happen picks one and two will both be corners. Most likely Rhodes and banks.

You're deraming if you think we get Revis for a 2nd (or even 2 -2nds ). They Jets will get nothing and just keep him one more season before they let themselves be the laughing stock of the entire 4 day draft coverage for getting raped like that.

A 1st will be involved or it aint getting done.

Can I get those lotto numbers too? Been wanting a new massage chair ;)

Common sense  , man. Anyone who's been following things closely knows this thing isn't getting done without a 1st involved.

Source? Injured CB can easily go for a 2 and 4

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

« #677 : April 20, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »

I need to update mine now after FA just been slacking.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #678 : April 20, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

Note. If the revis trade doesn't happen picks one and two will both be corners. Most likely Rhodes and banks.

You're deraming if you think we get Revis for a 2nd (or even 2 -2nds ). They Jets will get nothing and just keep him one more season before they let themselves be the laughing stock of the entire 4 day draft coverage for getting raped like that.

Common sense  , man. Anyone who's been following things closely knows this thing isn't getting done without a 1st involved.

Source ?  Take your pick  , they all say the same thing.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #679 : April 20, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

..And I never once mentioned that revis would go for A second rounder. That's just what is given up THIS draft.

Next draft would also be a second and a third, but we aren't counting next draft I thought.

It is possible that two seconds, two 4ths, a third, two 6th Rounders, and blount could net revis. Their alternative is a third, or backing the brinks trucks up.

If i were in their shoes, I'd have to reluctantly take that deal.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #680 : April 21, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »

Okay So I'll take a stab at this...I did one before for spits and wiggles and it got crapped all over lol...

Keep in mind, I do not see a deal going down for Revis..the closer it gets to draft day, the less likely the possibility. So, with that said:

I can see the first pick going one of 2 ways.

1. D.J. Fluker. or a top DT like Richardson or Star. either way I'm satisfied.

RT is a need because behind Meredith, there is nobody. and Fluker could immediately push Meredith out of a job. Penn, Nicks, Zuttah, Joseph and Fluker excites me for the run game.
A dominating DT on the other hand will help McCoy, Bowers and Clayborn attack the QB. If McCoy has that extra body, he can really cause problems. Immediately our passing game is improved because corners aren't covering for 5-8 seconds as we saw last year.

2. This is a no brainer. We need corner help and I think it comes by way of Jonathan Banks or Desmond Trufant. We may have to move a 4th rounder to snag Trufant but I'm completely okay with that. Also, may be where you see a Blount trade take place in order to move up.(voting against that personally)

3. RIght back at it with another cornerback. I know I'll get slammed for this, but I honestly think this kid is going to be one of the best corners in this draft and will excel for us in the slot and in the return game. I see his play coming off the edge and it reminds me of #20 and his knack for making things happen on corner blitzes. I'm going with Tyrann Matheiu.

4.  With this pick I would like to see a DE for depth or a SAM LB although I like the signing of Johnathan Cassillas, I still think we need some more Talent there. I have no idea as to who we would pick as I haven't paid much attention to any other position this year except for CB.

4b, I really like S**CENSORED**e but not sure where he's projected. Kid is lightning fast and could compete for the Slot position.

5. OL Depth or Safety Depth.

then best player available from there on out.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #681 : April 21, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

..And I never once mentioned that revis would go for A second rounder. That's just what is given up THIS draft.

Next draft would also be a second and a third, but we aren't counting next draft I thought.

It is possible that two seconds, two 4ths, a third, two 6th Rounders, and blount could net revis. Their alternative is a third, or backing the brinks trucks up.

If i were in their shoes, I'd have to reluctantly take that deal.

...and we already have a 2014 1st rounder on the table , by almost all accounts. Why wold the Jets come back and say , "No thanks , we don't want a 1st , just give us the 2nd ."  LOL .

I think it's wishful thinking on your part if you think we are going to land one of the best players in the league and not surrender a 1st.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #682 : April 21, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »

bucfan26 3/8/13
1st (13) - DT Star Lotulelei (Utah)
2nd (43) - CB Darius Slay (Mississippi State)
3rd (73) - TE Travis Kelce (Cincinnati)
4th (109) - CB Tyrann Mathieu (LSU)
4th (123) - QB Matt Scott (Arizona)
5th (140) - OT Ricky Wagner (Wisconsin)

Updated: 4/21/2013

1st (13) - Traded to NYJ for Revis
2nd (43) - CB Johnthan Banks (Mississippi State)
3rd (73) - TE Travis Kelce (Cincinnati)
4th (109) - CB Tyrann Mathieu (LSU)
4th (123) - QB  Landry Jones (Oklahoma)
5th (140) - OT Ricky Wagner (Wisconsin)

« : April 21, 2013, 02:21:28 PM bucfan26 »

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #683 : April 21, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »

Thank God we won't be wasting a 1st on a NT, RT, WR, or TE. Now onto BPA or best pass rusher at #43.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #684 : April 21, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »

New Post Revis Trade Mock:

1. Revis

2. Zach Ertz , TE , Stanford

3.  Matt Scott , QB , Arizona

4. Christine Micheal , RB , Texas A&M

4. Ace Sanders , WR/KR , South Carolina

5. Xavier Nixon , OT , Florida

6. Sanders Commings , CB , Georgia

6. Devin Taylor , DE , South Carolina

7. T.J. Barnes , DT , Georgia Tech

Final Mock ! Lock it in !
« : April 22, 2013, 07:33:08 AM Fire Mark Dummynik »

Zellination

Starter

« #685 : April 21, 2013, 07:58:56 PM »

The Bucs will trade Revis to the Chiefs for the number one overall pick and take one of these players:

1   *Luke Joeckel   OT   1   Texas A&M   Jr   6-6   306   1
2   *Sharrif Floyd   DT   1   Florida   Jr   6-3   297   1
3   Eric Fisher   OT   2   Central Michigan   Sr   6-7   306   1
4   Dion JordanInjured   OLB   1   Oregon   rSr   6-6   248   1
5   Lane Johnson   OT   3   Oklahoma   Sr   6-6   303   1
6   *Dee MillinerInjured   CB   1   Alabama   Jr   6-0   201   1
7   Ezekiel Ansah   DE   1   Brigham Young   Sr   6-5   271   1
8   Chance Warmack   OG   1   Alabama   Sr   6-2   317   1
9   Geno Smith   QB   1   West Virginia   Sr   6-3   218   1
10   *Barkevious Mingo   OLB   2   LSU   rJr   6-4   241   1
11   *Xavier Rhodes   CB   2   Florida State   rJr   6-2   210   1
12   Jonathan Cooper   OG   2   North Carolina   rSr   6-2   311   1
13   Tavon Austin   WR   1   West Virginia   Sr   5-9   174   1
14   *Cordarrelle Patterson   WR   2   Tennessee   Jr   6-2   216   1
15   Star LotuleleiInjured   DT   2   Utah   Sr   6-3   311   1
16   *Jarvis Jones   OLB   3   Georgia   rJr   6-3   245   1
17   *Sheldon Richardson   DT   3   Missouri   rJr   6-3   294   1
18   Sylvester Williams   DT   4   North Carolina   Sr   6-3   313   1
19   *Tyler Eifert   TE   1   Notre Dame   rJr   6-6   250   1
20   *Bjoern Werner   DE   2   Florida State   Jr   6-3   266   1
21   Kenny Vaccaro   FS   1   Texas   Sr   6-0   214   1
22   *D.J. Fluker   OT   4   Alabama   rJr   6-5   339   1
23   Desmond Trufant   CB   3   Washington   Sr   6-0   190   1-2
24   *Menelik Watson   OT   5   Florida State   Jr   6-5   310   1-2
25   *Alec Ogletree   OLB   4   Georgia   Jr   6-3   242   1-2

Comments please

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #686 : April 21, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »

Actual Final Draft since the Revis trade makes me adjust mine.

2nd Rd - Alex Okafor DE Texas

3rd Rd - Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

4th Rd - Jordan Hill DT Penn State

4th Rd - Andre Ellington RB Clemson

5th Rd - Lonnie Pryor FB FSU

6th Rd - Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

7th Rd - Greg Reid CB/PR FSU

With Revis in the fold i readjusted my picks to cover different needs. I think we can go DE now in Rd2 to help out the passrush rotation and improve the secondary with more pressure up front. I also added a DT in Jordan Hill to generate inside rush and move the pocket as well as add depth to a thin DT rotation. Logan Ryan adds more CB depth in case we cut wright loose after this year, plus hes a rutgers guy and you know schiano cant resist it. Schiano has come out and said we are dedidcated to running the ball so my selection of a runningback and a fullback fits in there. Blount isnt long for this world and we need a good third down back behind Martin. Ellington provides some homerun hitting ability and adds versatility to the backfield. Pryor comes in and adds a new dimension to the Fullback position. Lorig doesnt offer anything as a runner and is just ok at catching the ball. Pryor is an excellent lead blocker and great at pass blocking as well. he can run the ball very well and has very good hands. he is pretty much a swiss army knife on the field. We grab Fauria in the 6th to give us a TE with size. hes not the best blocker but his height should provide freeman with a big target in the middle and in the redzone. finally we add greg reid in the 7th as a potential nickel corner and dangerous punt return man.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

« #687 : April 21, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »

Wut

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #688 : April 21, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

Best thread ever.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #689 : April 21, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »

I disagree, Larry Brackens is not on the list. I hear that the Bucs are still quite high on him.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
  Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools