Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#780 : April 25, 2013, 12:39:26 AM

I like a lot of the mocks I have seen here.  I honestly have no idea who will be there in the 2nd much less the later rounds, so I can't mock any single player.  I'm just going to list a bunch of players I hope will make it there in order of how badly I want them.  I kind of loosely used Scouts Inc.'s 7 round mock for placement, though I don't agree with a lot of it.

2: Tank Carradine, Jamar Taylor, DJ Hayden, Arthur Brown, Datone Jones, Robert Woods, Jonathan Hankins, Johnthan Banks, Damontre Moore
3: Markus Wheaton, Sio Moore, Stedman Bailey, Travis Kelce, Brandon Williams, Corey Lemonier
4: Leon McFadden, Logan Ryan, Mike Catapano, Ryan S**CENSORED**e, Barrett Jones, Chase Thomas
5: Quanterus Smith, Chris Gragg, Jordan Mills, J.C. Tretter
6: Dennis Johnson, Zac Stacy, Sean Renfree
7th and undrafted (if we were to trade back or get a pick for Blount): Luke Marquardt, Latavius Murray, Connor Vernon, Knile Davis

If we're able to get some mix of these players, I'd be very happy. 
: April 25, 2013, 04:57:30 PM chattertonm3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#781 : April 25, 2013, 02:32:06 AM

I'm not on the Steadman Bandwagon. He looks like a great college player but typically those small guys need to be faster to create some separation at the NFL level or else they are strictly slot receivers. I watched all his highlights and I tried to like him but I don't see him fitting into our offense, or being a full time NFL WR. If he ran a 4.36 instead of a 4.46 and could create separation that would be another story.

Wes Welker ran a 4.65. Danny Amendola ran a 4.58. Do they have trouble getting separation?

40 time means absolutely nothing when it comes to a slot receiver's effectiveness. Most the time they are being covered by the 3rd best corner, a safety, or even a linebacker. They need to run crisp routes, understand defenses, have great hands, great body control, and great change of direction. Running fast in a straight line for 40 yards doesn't tell you anything about a slot receiver.

I was talking about his videos where he rarely got separation. If I saw him getting separation on film the 40 time would not matter. And no I don't judge any player solely on film. or 40 time you have to consider everything including history.  Players who are under 6 feet who have been more than a slot WR like Steve Smith and De Sean Jackson create separation with their elite speed.

If he's your guy roll with him. I just am not impressed with the film. Good luck with your boy.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#782 : April 25, 2013, 07:33:44 AM

I'm not on the Steadman Bandwagon. He looks like a great college player but typically those small guys need to be faster to create some separation at the NFL level or else they are strictly slot receivers. I watched all his highlights and I tried to like him but I don't see him fitting into our offense, or being a full time NFL WR. If he ran a 4.36 instead of a 4.46 and could create separation that would be another story.

Wes Welker ran a 4.65. Danny Amendola ran a 4.58. Do they have trouble getting separation?

40 time means absolutely nothing when it comes to a slot receiver's effectiveness. Most the time they are being covered by the 3rd best corner, a safety, or even a linebacker. They need to run crisp routes, understand defenses, have great hands, great body control, and great change of direction. Running fast in a straight line for 40 yards doesn't tell you anything about a slot receiver.

I was talking about his videos where he rarely got separation. If I saw him getting separation on film the 40 time would not matter. And no I don't judge any player solely on film. or 40 time you have to consider everything including history.  Players who are under 6 feet who have been more than a slot WR like Steve Smith and De Sean Jackson create separation with their elite speed.

If he's your guy roll with him. I just am not impressed with the film. Good luck with your boy.

Agreed . Jdouble's "or" mock is much better.

2nd - DE Tank Carradine (trade our xtra 4th to move up)
3rd - TE Gavin Escobar
4th - CB Leon McFadden
5th - RB Dennis Johnson
6th - WR Conner Vernon
6th - LB Michael Clay

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#783 : April 25, 2013, 07:57:27 AM

I understand I'm out on a limb with Bailey, and not everyone is going to agree with....actually, hardly anyone will agree with me, but I don't understand how you don't see separation when you watch his film. What are you watching? Highlights? Try watching entire games, good and bad.  It paints a much clearer picture. He really has no problems getting separation deep or short, and more importantly he has the body control and hands to make the catch even when he is covered. He also is very good at coming back for the back shoulder throw, which is a rarity in college.

By watching the entire games, you'll also see how over rated Gino Smith is. Dude had two of the best receivers in football and that is the only reason for his stats. Dude has bust written all over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TZjLIWm0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMV-wbYx5Zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkPb4sTtzR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPf-7pjEhCg

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#784 : April 25, 2013, 08:03:26 AM

I think Ace Sanders is better value in round 4 .....yes , he's much more raw as a WR . You probably wouldn't want him playing regularly in your slot until year 3 , but in the meantime you get what will be one of the most electric return men in the league. You could design some screen pass plays for him also to get him in the open field where he can make guys miss , and give defenses headaches.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#785 : April 25, 2013, 08:08:48 AM

To each their own I guess. I don't like the 5'7" 170lbs guys. There just isn't a history of guys that small making an impact in the NFL.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#786 : April 25, 2013, 08:16:16 AM

Bailey is going to be on Sirius NFL radio at 9:40 this morning.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#787 : April 25, 2013, 08:21:23 AM

Thanks sunrise!

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#788 : April 25, 2013, 08:30:05 AM

Because the shotgun approach seems to be the way to go...

2. DT Johnathan Hankins - Thee Ohio State University
3. CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson - Connecticutt
4. TE Nick Kasa - Colorado
4. OT Vinston Painter - Virginia Tech
5. RB Mike Gillislee - Florida
6. DE Devin Taylor - South Carolina
6. LB Keith Pough - Howard

My logo is bigger than your logo

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#789 : April 25, 2013, 08:50:31 AM

Oh man, as if the thought of an Ohio State player wasn't bad enough, having to hear, "Thee Ohio State..."! No thanks, go away OSU!

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#790 : April 25, 2013, 09:03:32 AM

Projecting a trade 112, 126  and 181 to MIA for 82 and 250

43. Arthur Brown LB
73. Montee Ball RB
82. Logan Ryan CB
147. Michael Buchanan DE
196. Matt Scott QB
250. Michael Williams TE

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#791 : April 25, 2013, 09:25:23 AM

Working on updating these.

big_JLB

Starter

#792 : April 25, 2013, 09:28:08 AM

the duchovny avatar will be mine! i mean, **CENSORED**, lets not forget what we're really playing for here...
: April 25, 2013, 09:30:33 AM big_JLB

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#793 : April 25, 2013, 09:32:49 AM

It's that time people...

and FWIW - it's also to the point where I would be happy with anyone's mock at this point.   New talent is good talent.  :)

I do like Youngone, Spoolios and Buc45's most recent efforts.

Happy 1st Round Draft day!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#794 : April 25, 2013, 09:34:49 AM

Oh man, as if the thought of an Ohio State player wasn't bad enough, having to hear, "Thee Ohio State..."! No thanks, go away OSU!

That's the mocking part.

My logo is bigger than your logo
Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools