Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 59

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#105 : January 26, 2013, 09:41:43 PM

Trades shouldn't be allowed in mocks. It's quickly turns the pointless but fun forecasting, into the extremely ridiculous fantasy land scenarios.
x2

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#106 : January 27, 2013, 12:19:39 AM

Killjoy. Yeah cos we have money on it or it is soooooo important.  It's all fantasy. Nobody ever picks their team to pick lousy players. But often they do.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 27, 2013, 08:29:22 AM

If the trade fits into the accepted "value " chart that all teams use , and the player you select with that pick is projected to go in that round , what is the problem with predicting a trade ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#108 : January 27, 2013, 10:50:59 AM

Yeah, like the mocks in this thread where we have two picks in the 1st and two picks in the 2nd.....so realistic.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#109 : January 27, 2013, 12:07:13 PM

It just depends on what you think the point of a mock draft is.

Is it an attempt to accurately predict what the team will do with it's draft picks or is it just a way to display the prospects you like getting on your team despite an incredible improbability

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#110 : January 27, 2013, 12:48:05 PM

It just depends on what you think the point of a mock draft is.

Is it an attempt to accurately predict what the team will do with it's draft picks or is it just a way to display the prospects you like getting on your team despite an incredible improbability

The latter is what JD thinks it is...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#111 : January 28, 2013, 09:19:42 AM

I'm not knowledgeable enough to go past three rounds, but I predict:

1. Ezekiel Ansah
2. Desmond Trufant
3. Kaseem Greene

I think the DE rotation next season will be Bowers, Clayborn, Ansah and DTN.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#112 : January 28, 2013, 09:21:28 AM

I'm not knowledgeable enough to go past three rounds, but I predict:

1. Ezekiel Ansah
2. Desmond Trufant
3. Kaseem Greene

I think the DE rotation next season will be Bowers, Clayborn, Ansah and DTN.

and let bennett walk?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#113 : January 28, 2013, 09:25:42 AM

I think they are going to let Bennett walk, though that's just speculation. I guess it depends on what the market is for him. My gut feeling is the market will be pretty strong. I think Miller and Biggers return, but Bennett, Barber, Wright and Black are gone from the starting defense.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#114 : January 28, 2013, 09:57:57 AM

2nd mock, no trades although I always follow the trade value chart......

#13 DT Sheldon Richardson - BPA in my book. That's how I see it shaking it. No Milner, no top DE's, a relentless pass rushing DT....can't have enough.

#43 CB Logan Ryan - Big physical corner, pro ready, likes to tackle, buccaneer man, etc.

#73 TE Jordan Reed - Despite his intellect he is a dynamic pass catcher. I liked Fauria, but I think we need to get more athletic at the position. Playmaker with the ball in his hands.

#109 FS Phillip Thomas - 
 Thomas leads the nation with eight interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles. That's production!

#125 WR Ryan Swoope (sp) Texas A&M - Wes Welker 2.0....He has decent size, (6-1 206) but also has underrated speed, making him extremely swift in and out of his breaks. His sudden quickness takes defenses by surprise. Swoope is very dangerous after he makes a catch and is capable of taking short passes downfield for big gains. Dangerous in the Slot

#140 RB Rex Burkhead - Was a bit injured, and only got 98 carrys but posted a 6.9 YPC. Good blocker and reciever too. Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL. Buccaneer Man????

#171 DT Daniel McCullers - He totaled 39 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, a pass broken up, a forced fumble and a blocked kick in 2012. McCullers is still raw, but he could turn into something special. 6'8" 360....

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#115 : January 28, 2013, 10:59:12 AM

#13 DT Sheldon Richardson - BPA in my book. That's how I see it shaking it. No Milner, no top DE's, a relentless pass rushing DT....can't have enough.

#43 CB Logan Ryan - Big physical corner, pro ready, likes to tackle, buccaneer man, etc.

#73 TE Jordan Reed - Despite his intellect he is a dynamic pass catcher. I liked Fauria, but I think we need to get more athletic at the position. Playmaker with the ball in his hands.

#109 FS Phillip Thomas - 
 Thomas leads the nation with eight interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles. That's production!

#125 WR Ryan Swoope (sp) Texas A&M - Wes Welker 2.0....He has decent size, (6-1 206) but also has underrated speed, making him extremely swift in and out of his breaks. His sudden quickness takes defenses by surprise. Swoope is very dangerous after he makes a catch and is capable of taking short passes downfield for big gains. Dangerous in the Slot

#140 RB Rex Burkhead - Was a bit injured, and only got 98 carrys but posted a 6.9 YPC. Good blocker and reciever too. Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL. Buccaneer Man????

#171 DT Daniel McCullers - He totaled 39 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, a pass broken up, a forced fumble and a blocked kick in 2012. McCullers is still raw, but he could turn into something special. 6'8" 360....

I like that mock a lot.  Just curious.  Who would you target in FA that made you look at DT and TE in the top of the draft?  I would assume we signed a CB like Shaun Smith, re-signed Bennett, let Miller walk but that does still leave some FA dollars on the table...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 28, 2013, 12:56:11 PM

1ST - Xavier Rhodes. Great in pressman coverage and also can play in zone.
2nd - Jordan Poyer. More CB depth. just makes plays
3rd - Menelik Watson - road grader and strong in pass-pro. instant upgrade at RT
4th - Gavin Escobar. Tight end depth. good size and good passcatching ability
4th - Phillip Thomas.  ballhawk at safety
5th - Montori Hughes. added DT depth. roll of the dice, has some flags but also has talent
6th - Lonnie Pryor. we need a fullback and this guy offers us an option at FB and RB
7th - Kenny Tate. added OLB depth

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#117 : January 28, 2013, 01:36:34 PM

Quote from: dexmonkey

If he is related to or is anything like Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, I'll have him in round 1.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#118 : January 28, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

Quote from: dexmonkey

If he is related to or is anything like Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, I'll have him in round 1.

#1 overall if you ask me.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#119 : January 28, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

#109 FS Phillip Thomas - 

I like that mock a lot.  Just curious.  Who would you target in FA that made you look at DT and TE in the top of the draft?  I would assume we signed a CB like Shaun Smith, re-signed Bennett, let Miller walk but that does still leave some FA dollars on the table...

For me, this draft plus FA signings:

Our own:
Miller...keep him. He is good, not great, but above average as a spot/rotation/backup and wont cost a ton to keep him.
Bennett ..keep him, give him a quincy Black contract 6-8 mil and hope we can make it a season without losing one of our DE's
Biggers...Keep him too as I predict EJ and LJ and Tandy are the only hold overs that make it through TC.

Corners:
Sean Smith...Legit NFL #1 CB (26)
Leodis McKelvin...Solid #2, upgrade over Wright, plus a solid return man.(28)
Maybe sniff around Derek Cox, Keenan Lewis, or Mike Jenkins if we want to try and make a Buccaneer Man out of him, but I doubt it.

OLB Justin Durrant....Solid 2 down run stuffer, can't cover, but we don't need him too as we run so much nickel. Maybe look at Keith Rivers, allot of upside if he can stay healthy.

OT Loadholt....I think his penalties will quickly decrease once he gets his toes on the line.

The FA's are all under 30, all fit a need, and none will force us to blow our load. Smith will get a big deal, but none of them are in the VJAX or Nicks caliber. To me, we have a good group of dominat playmakers at every level of offence and defense except CB. So getting a stud there is needed. The rest is about finding NFL caliber talent to fill the roster.

: January 28, 2013, 02:09:59 PM CaptainStagger

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools