Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 59

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #135 : January 30, 2013, 08:51:28 PM »

Bradley Roby is returning to Ohio St.

Yep , missed that . Substitute with Logan Ryan or Trufant .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #136 : January 31, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »

Drafttek's latest as of 1/31.

1. CB Johnthan Banks (-9 reach/value relative to Drafttek's Big Board)  (3rd CB off the board, Milliner #3, Rhodes #11)
2. DT Shariff Floyd (+8)
3. OT Oday Aboushi (+10)
4. TE Joseph Fauria (+9)
4. CB B. W. Webb (-5)
5. OLB Jelani Jenkins Florida (-18)
6. WR Denard Robinson Michigan (+31)
7. FS Ray Polk (-37)

Reasonably good job of addressing team needs in Rd's 1-4. Can't look at it and say we got THE stud guy at any position, but Banks and Floyd could surprise I suppose.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #137 : January 31, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

Walterfootball's latest mock:
1. Banks - I don't think they've changed this pick in months
2. Zach Ertz
3. Logan Ryan
4. Chris Faulk OT
4. Le'Veon Bell

I'm not a big fan of Banks, but I'd be ecstatic with #2 and #3.  The picks in 4 would fill needs, but neither are players I'm high on.

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #138 : January 31, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »

I think the Best case draft scenario would be to end up with these 7 guys. Figuring how to pull this off isn't that easy but possible

DT - Sheldon Richardson: Top-15
CB - Desmond Trufant: 1-2 Round
CB - Logan Ryan: 2-3 Round
TE - Zac Ertz: 2 Round
S - J.J Wilcox: 5-6 Round
DE - Devin Taylor: 5-7 Round
WR - Quinton Patton: 4-6 Round

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #139 : January 31, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »

Lane Johnson
John Jenkins
Logan Ryan
Will Davis
Phillip Thomas
Jawan Jamison

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #140 : February 01, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

With McCullers returning to school I'm just updating my 6th round pick....but I like what I've read about this guy....

#13 DT Sheldon Richardson
#43 CB Logan Ryan
#73 TE Jordan Reed
#109 FS Phillip Thomas
#125 WR Ryan Swo.pe
#140 RB Rex Burkhead 
#171 DE Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 249. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.69. 
Projected Round (2013): 5-7. 
A late season ACL tear sunk Smith's draft stock even though he recorded 12.5 sacks in 2012. He also had 38 tackles with 18.5 tackles for a loss and three forced fumbles. Smith returned a fumble 75 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter against Florida Atlantic.  Injury and size are keeping him out of the top rounds, but talent and production are there. We all know we deal well with knees, and as a situational pass rusher from the line or SLB this guy could be a steal once healthy.

Tall and thin with a frame to add weight
Has some burst off the snap, top end speed to win around corner
Exposed by quicker opponents in the open field, change of direction skills limited
Flexible hips to dip around the edge as a pass rusher
Intelligence/Effort:

Prevalent motor as pass rusher and in pursuit, gets to the ball often
Understands the gameplan, disciplined pass rusher vs. various quarterback types
Overall energy level is high
Pass Rush:

Works bullrush to some effectiveness, lacks combination moves
Can become swim move reliant, but his swim move is very effective
Initial punch can be lacking at times, but his hands are generally active
Unpredictable pass rusher who can get around the corner or shoot through gaps
Leverages quarterback well, doesn’t often run past him
Run Support:

Plays gap sound and always sets the edge with his outside shoulder free
High pad level and lean frame limit ability to anchor when head up
Ball aware, locates it early and has ability to shed and pursue
Technique:

Naturally plays high, bullrush and anchor vs. run require bending
Plays with arms extended to separate and not get locked up
Ability to disengage and close on the ball quickly shown vs. run and pass
Overall:

Quanterus Smith notched 12.5 sacks before his senior season came to an end due to a torn ACL against Louisiana-Lafayette.  He had a very productive season and was consistently a disruptive force for the Hilltopper defense.  Smith is a polished prospect with room to grow.  His natural ability paired with his understanding of the game are enough to ensure a middle round pick despite injury question marks.  If he can make a full recovery from the ACL injury there will be little to worry about.  In his previous three seasons at Western Kentucky, Smith had not missed a game due to injury.  The injury will limit him when it comes to draft workouts and off-season activities, but a team who can afford to be patient while he works his way back as a rookie may see it pay off as soon as he gets healthy.  His level of production and polished skills tell me he can produce immediately.

zsmith22

Starter

« #141 : February 01, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »

If we don't get Martellus Bennett, we absolutely have to target Ertz or Jordan Reed.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #142 : February 02, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »

if we draft jordan reed im going to be pissed. weve already got 1 dissappointing 3rd round TE, we dont need another that drops easy balls as well. Ertz, escobar, or kelce are all much better options than reed

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #143 : February 02, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »

if we draft jordan reed im going to be pissed. weve already got 1 dissappointing 3rd round TE, we dont need another that drops easy balls as well. Ertz, escobar, or kelce are all much better options than reed

I understand that Reed isn't as complete as those that you mentioned, and that he has a few flaws in his game. But to me the allure is the athleticism, playmaking ability after the catch, and long term potential. You can't compare Reed to Stocker....nothing alike....and I do believe Stocker was a 4th right??? Or we're you talking about TE Alex Smith???
« : February 02, 2013, 09:02:25 PM CaptainStagger »

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #144 : February 05, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »

Take this for what it's worth but Charlie Campbell's latest mock on Walterfootball.com has us taking Johnthan Banks.  While this isn't new, there was a nugget of new information in the reasoning for this pick.

"Sources with the Buccaneers have said that there are key members of the staff who really like Banks and will push for the team to draft him. One member of the front office told me Tampa Bay has needs all over its roster, so the team could target Banks in a trade down"

As I've said before, Banks isn't my favorite CB.  If we were able to trade down and get some extra picks, I would call it a win-win situation.  This very well could be a smokescreen, as I doubt the Bucs would be tipping their cards this early in the process.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #145 : February 05, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »

I just don't think Banks' skill set is going to make us a better team. I've never seen him left outside on an island with top receivers, but that is exactly what we would ask him to do here. He's also weak in run support. I just don't buy that Schiano is high on him.Maybe "key members of the staff" like him, but I have a feeling Schiano will make this decision. It's his defense and his ass on the line.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

« #146 : February 05, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »

I just don't think Banks' skill set is going to make us a better team. I've never seen him left outside on an island with top receivers, but that is exactly what we would ask him to do here. He's also weak in run support. I just don't buy that Schiano is high on him.Maybe "key members of the staff" like him, but I have a feeling Schiano will make this decision. It's his defense and his ass on the line.
Don't like Banks either. Donte Moncrief Ole Miss burned him when they were matched up.

TomRiddle

Starter

« #147 : February 06, 2013, 01:50:34 AM »

It's time for Tom Riddle's Mock draft:

Tom Riddle’s Mock Draft: 1st Edition.

Trade down to 16, and pick up an additional 2nd.

1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

2a. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

2b.Matt Barkley, QB, USC

3a. Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

Trade our 5th, and 7th to get back into the 3rd:

3b. Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers

4. Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State

6. Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #148 : February 06, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »

Nice. I don't know how realistic it is, but I like all the picks bedsides Barkley.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #149 : February 06, 2013, 07:49:45 AM »

Well Tom:

You have a reach with the 1st pick and then unrealistic optimism on all the rest... but I like a lot of the same players you like.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools