Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 59

kylel6901

Starter

#300 : March 06, 2013, 10:52:14 AM

Here is the most recent mock draft that I just read this morning done on Walter Football by the one and only Charlie Campbell. Here are the Buc's picks from rds 1-5.

1st (13)- DT Star Lotulelei
2nd (43)- CB Darius Slay
3rd (73)- DE Sam Montgomery
4th(109)- CB Will Davis
4th(123)- TE Travis Kelce
5th(140)- OT Luke Marquardt

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#301 : March 06, 2013, 11:54:53 AM

Here is the most recent mock draft that I just read this morning done on Walter Football by the one and only Charlie Campbell. Here are the Buc's picks from rds 1-5.

2nd (43)- CB Darius Slay
4th(109)- CB Will Davis

I think Montgomery has a good shot at going in the 2nd and Slay might be there in the 3rd. I like it, as long as Star is medically cleared.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#302 : March 06, 2013, 08:34:31 PM

2nd (43)- CB Darius Slay
4th(109)- CB Will Davis

I think Montgomery has a good shot at going in the 2nd and Slay might be there in the 3rd. I like it, as long as Star is medically cleared.
Like the Star pick if his heart checks out (I think it will)

If it's true that LSU's coaches are blasting Montgomery's work ethic every chance they get, then he'll drop like a rock.

I think Slay will be a decent player, but I'm not sure he fits what Schiano is looking for in a CB. 

Davis isn't one of my favorite players, but this would probably represent good value.  Would rather have McFadden.

Kelce could be one of those players that Schiano was alluding to when talking about being willing to take a risk on players with character concerns.

I can't wait to hear how Marquardt works out.  I've been intrigued by what I've read about his size and athleticism.  For whatever reason he didn't perform position drills at the combine, so it's impossible to say where he's at from a technique perspective.  Not a lot of Asuza Pacific gametape out there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#303 : March 06, 2013, 09:05:29 PM

2nd (43)- CB Darius Slay
4th(109)- CB Will Davis

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#304 : March 07, 2013, 12:03:00 PM

2nd (43)- CB Darius Slay
4th(109)- CB Will Davis

Like the Star pick if his heart checks out (I think it will)

If it's true that LSU's coaches are blasting Montgomery's work ethic every chance they get, then he'll drop like a rock.

I think Slay will be a decent player, but I'm not sure he fits what Schiano is looking for in a CB. 

Davis isn't one of my favorite players, but this would probably represent good value.  Would rather have McFadden.

Kelce could be one of those players that Schiano was alluding to when talking about being willing to take a risk on players with character concerns.

I can't wait to hear how Marquardt works out.  I've been intrigued by what I've read about his size and athleticism.  For whatever reason he didn't perform position drills at the combine, so it's impossible to say where he's at from a technique perspective.  Not a lot of Asuza Pacific gametape out there.

Montgomery was a first round pick, with the off the field stuff I think he drops also but don't see him dropping out of the second. Just my 2 cents.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#305 : March 07, 2013, 12:08:24 PM

If you don't like Montgomery I think Margus Hunt is a option, guy has tons of upside and could be the steal of the draft if he is still there in the second.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#306 : March 07, 2013, 03:07:23 PM

Here's Marquardt's highlights.  It's long and I didn't watch the whole thing, but you can tell pretty quickly that this kid is ridiculously athletic for his size.  I like how he finishes off blocks, shows a mean streak.  He's like a man against boys.

: March 07, 2013, 03:09:56 PM chattertonm3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#307 : March 07, 2013, 03:13:04 PM

If you don't like Montgomery I think Margus Hunt is a option, guy has tons of upside and could be the steal of the draft if he is still there in the second.

I like Hunt, but he's going to be 26 and is very raw in his technique.  He'll need a couple of years of good coaching to learn how to use his physical gifts, and by then he'll be pushing 30.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#308 : March 07, 2013, 03:38:16 PM

Hunt would only be a steal if you took him in the 4th...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#309 : March 07, 2013, 03:44:01 PM

Hunt would only be a steal if you took him in the 4th...

Boom or bust prospect. He has the potential to be great, but doesn't have the college stats you'd like to see. Personally I don't let college stats effect my opinion very much, so I look at the total package and thinks he's worth taking a shot on in the 2nd round. I'm sure some team will. You see a lot of Watt comparisons, but that's just cause they are both huge white guys. Hunt almost certainly won't be racking up 20 sacks in a single season.....but I do think he could be a guy who gets 5 to 10 sacks a season and bats down a lot of balls at the line of scrimmage. It'll be interesting to see where he goes, how he's used, and what he ends up doing at the next level.
: March 07, 2013, 03:46:43 PM JDouble

swamp_bats

Starter
#310 : March 07, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

New mock factoring in potential Revis trade.
Let Bennett walk, say bye to Mr. Barber as well. Sign Grimes, and get Roy Miller back.
Round 1 Jarvis Jones SLB UGA
Round 2 TRADED FOR REVIS
Round 3 Philip Thomas FS Fresno State (aka Trent Dilfers old school lul)
Round 4 A TRADED FOR REVIS
Round 4 B Vance McDonald TE Rice
Round 5 Conner Vernon WR Duke
Round 6 Matt Scott Q.B. Arizona
Round 7 BPA hopefully someone that can return kicks.

I think this is pretty solid, would like more help at WR, KR/PR, DE, OT and DT but only so many picks...

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#311 : March 08, 2013, 07:20:06 AM

New mock factoring in potential Revis trade.
Let Bennett walk, say bye to Mr. Barber as well. Sign Grimes, and get Roy Miller back.
Round 1 Jarvis Jones SLB UGA
Round 2 TRADED FOR REVIS
Round 3 Philip Thomas FS Fresno State (aka Trent Dilfers old school lul)
Round 4 A TRADED FOR REVIS
Round 4 B Vance McDonald TE Rice
Round 5 Conner Vernon WR Duke
Round 6 Matt Scott Q.B. Arizona
Round 7 BPA hopefully someone that can return kicks.

I think this is pretty solid, would like more help at WR, KR/PR, DE, OT and DT but only so many picks...

Grimes and Revis would be dam sexy in a Bucs uniform, but it would be pretty risky counting on two guys coming off knee injuries. No complaints about the draft. If we don't get a DE in the draft I'd hope we could bring in a vet for depth, Clayborn and Bowers both have knee issues now.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#312 : March 08, 2013, 11:38:37 AM

my mock;

1st (13) - DT Star Lotulelei (Utah)
2nd (43) - CB Darius Slay (Mississippi State)
3rd (73) - TE Travis Kelce (Cincinnati)
4th (109) - CB Tyrann Mathieu (LSU)
4th (123) - QB Matt Scott (Arizona)
5th (140) - OT Ricky Wagner (Wisconsin)
: March 08, 2013, 04:02:53 PM bucfan26

big_JLB

Starter

#313 : March 08, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

is there a #1 corner in FA thats worth the big contract? i dont think so. there are some very solid #2's and #3s though. in fact, the biggest "name" i would like to see them sign is keenan lewis. miami fans aren't too sad to see smith go, which is telling... but i can understand the argument that he should do better covering bigger WR's...still dont want them to overpay for his services. DRC is allergic to tackling and i doubt grimes makes it out of atlanta now that they've cut robinson. that's why i'm hoping they sign keenan lewis (PIT), greg toler (ARI), or antoine cason (SD) to come in and be the #2. if they do decide to bring in another vet to compete for the nickel/dime position d.j. moore (CHI), darius butler (IND) or even chris gamble (CAR) could help.

with all the cap space available i think they're going to sign some mid-level FA's which allows for a BPA approach in the draft.
FS louis delmas (DET)
LB larry grant (SF)
DT sammie lee hill (DET)
TE brandon myers (OAK)
QB david carr (NYG)

i actually want one of the big-3 OT's to be there there, but i doubt it...so i hope the big fella falls and that floyd or richardson get taken before him. then trade 3rd + 4th to get back into the bottom of the 2nd

round 1: DT star lotuleilei (utah)
round 2: TE zach ertz (stanford)
round 2: CB logan ryan (rutgers)
round 4: WR connor vernon (duke)
round 5: DE david bass (missouri western state)
round 6: CB steve williams (california)
round 7: RB zac stacy (vanderbilt)
: March 08, 2013, 07:42:43 PM big_JLB

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#314 : March 09, 2013, 03:41:03 PM

No CB's taken mock...

1. Bjoern Werner DE FSU
2. Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St.
4. Andre Ellington RB Clemson
4. Kenny Stills WR OU
5. Gerald Hodges LB Penn St.
6. Xavier Nixon OT UF
7.  Prentiss Wagner S UT

**edit** we can throw this mock in the garbage, lol
: March 15, 2013, 08:36:54 PM XFactor

Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools