Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 59

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#345 : March 19, 2013, 07:55:04 PM

apparently he tore up his pro day and now has some teams fooled into thinking hes a 2nd or 3rd rounder. i think hes a solid 4th rounder. hes not a lot of flash but gets the job done.

kylel6901

Starter

#346 : March 20, 2013, 11:38:19 AM

Tell the Jets to take a hike... Sign Grimes,  and either resign Barber or Biggers. and make Wright restructure his contract or release him...
Draft
1st- Star Lotulelei
2nd- Jamar Taylor or Blidi Wreh-Wilson
3rd- Gavin Escobar
4th-  Jordan Poyer
4th-  Denard Robinson
5th- Jordan Mills

Perhaps try and go after Revis at a later date...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#347 : March 20, 2013, 11:40:42 AM

Grimes injury is too much risk, Biggers is off the market... Barber will most likely retire after getting Goldson.

sayin'

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#348 : March 20, 2013, 11:57:18 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/170650

13 Tavon Austin
WR

West VirginiaT

he Bucs are still involved in the Darrelle Revis trade discussions. If they can get that deal done without giving up this pick, it would free them up to take the electric Austin. He would fit perfectly in the slot next to Vincent Jackson.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#349 : March 20, 2013, 12:24:53 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/170650

13 Tavon Austin
WR

West VirginiaT

he Bucs are still involved in the Darrelle Revis trade discussions. If they can get that deal done without giving up this pick, it would free them up to take the electric Austin. He would fit perfectly in the slot next to Vincent Jackson.

As of now,I don't know if it would be a pick that I would make...

That being said, with as bad as our defense was last year and as bad as it seems that it may be if major help is not added to the DL and CB areas...then the Bucs may need their offense to put up tons of points a game. Adding Austin to Jackson/Williams/Martin would make this offense(and special teams) even better. The only concern would be whether or not Freeman could spread the ball around enough to take advantage of said talent.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#350 : March 20, 2013, 01:20:15 PM

With Biggers gone I won't be surprised if our first and second goes to CBs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#351 : March 20, 2013, 07:00:55 PM

give up 2014 1st for revis.  also include a conditional that rises pretty high in 2014 if he plays at a probowl level.  sure its a lot, but its the best CB in the game.  sign alan branch and javon ringer.

1 - jarvis jones-dion jordan-star lotulelie.  whomever the team thinks will help us get the most pressure on the QB.
2 - jamar taylor.
3 - logan ryan.
4 - barrett jones.
4 - travis kelce-dion sims.
5 - brian winters-luke marquart-oday aboushi
6- connor vernon-tj moe
7 - lonnie pryor

barrett jones might not make it that late, and probably wouldnt need logan ryan if we get revis and taylor so he barrett could go in the 3rd.  and if barrett jones is taken then a guy like buchanon from illinois could go int he 5th.  lots of options.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

spurzo

Second String

#352 : March 21, 2013, 07:05:13 AM

give up 2014 1st for revis.  also include a conditional that rises pretty high in 2014 if he plays at a probowl level.  sure its a lot, but its the best CB in the game.  sign alan branch and javon ringer.

1 - jarvis jones-dion jordan-star lotulelie.  whomever the team thinks will help us get the most pressure on the QB.
2 - jamar taylor.
3 - logan ryan.
4 - barrett jones.
4 - travis kelce-dion sims.
5 - brian winters-luke marquart-oday aboushi
6- connor vernon-tj moe
7 - lonnie pryor

barrett jones might not make it that late, and probably wouldnt need logan ryan if we get revis and taylor so he barrett could go in the 3rd.  and if barrett jones is taken then a guy like buchanon from illinois could go int he 5th.  lots of options.

Really like this mock...
Star or Jarvis Jones, providing they're cleared medically, would be fantastic steals and would fill needs for us perfectly.  Jones could play SLB on run downs and then be a DE on pass downs. Star would obviously be great playing 1 tech next to McCoy.  Doubt Jordan is there but similar to Jarvis but he's better in coverage and not as good a pass rusher, yet.

Jamar Taylor seems like a good fit and if Logan Ryan is there in the third I'd be amazed if Schiano didn't draft him.  If we don't get a DT by the third, I'm liking Brandon William, big man who can also rush the passer.

Random draft comment, considering how good the depth at TE is in the draft, I think we have to draft a TE.  Whether it's Ertz in the second, Escobar in the third, Kelce in the 4th or an Otten or Kasa later... we need one

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#353 : March 21, 2013, 09:22:57 AM

Curious how Jamar Taylor does at his pro day today.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#354 : March 21, 2013, 11:51:20 AM

Eric Dellaratta‏@EricDellaratta1m
The Buccaneers have shown interest in Princeton DE Mike Catapano, according to @TonyPauline

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#355 : March 21, 2013, 12:01:53 PM

Sick athletes from Princeton!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#356 : March 21, 2013, 03:11:19 PM

Blech.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#357 : March 21, 2013, 04:20:40 PM

Just talking about this in another thread. I'm stoked to hear we are interested in Catapano. Role your eyes all you want about drafting a Princeton player, but this guy is a stud. Not your typical Ivy league doush. He'd be a great pick up in the mid/later rounds.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#358 : March 21, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

Mid FA Mock

1.  Lotulilei  DT (Richardson / Jordan / Jones)
This pick is all about availability but I put Star in the pole position. If there, this is simple, fill need with BPA, and a big upgrade to the pass rush over Miller. A NT in round 1 will rub some wrong, but he is one of the few prospects with elite potential.

2. Amerson CB (Taylor, Poyer, Ryan)
Tough spot, too late to grab Rhodes, Banks or Trufant, and too early for Ryan.  Taylor and Poyer are viable options but if we don't trade up for Trufant, I like Amerson. He gambled allot last year, and that can be coached. His 2011 season shows the talent and production, and he is versatile, which Schiano covets. He has the size, and his stock will rise as the draft nears.

3. Swoope WR
Sure we could grab Moe late, but Swoope is a much better player and a perfect fit for the slot. Tough, strong, fast, and a great route runner. His speed in and out of breaks rivals any other WR this year, and he has the toughness to make a living across the middle. Most think he is Welker 2.0, but I like his comparison to Jordy Nelson.

4. Matthieu CB
This to me is an ego pick. Schiano the family man, the teacher, the father figure with a background in DB's would love to be the coach that turns a head case into a true pro. I've seen the interviews, and think he is ready to buy in. Fills corner depth, returner, and adds a dynamic playmaker to a defensive backfield that lacked one.

4. Escobar TE
Greg Cosell likens him to a poor mans Jimmy Graham. Could be very effective paired with Swoope working the middle. A little slow, but has soft hands and at 6'6 he'll be able to reach Freeman's over throws.

5. "Q" Smith DE
We know our trainers love a challenge, and Dom isn't afraid of bum knees. Smith led the nation in sacks before tearing his.  Let him sit a year and he could be the steal of the draft come 2014. His stance, upright  body movement and wingspan remind me of Rice.

6. Xavier Nixon OT (Wagner)
Yes, Wagner has the Bostad connection, but I see  more potential and a higher ceiling with Nixon. Tons of talent, but no consistency.  Could push to start at RT under Bostads coaching.

6. Marcus Lattimore
This pick is conditional on the Bucs keeping Blount, and letting Lattimore sit on IR and study. If Blount is traded insert Dennis Johnson. But with the success of McGahee, Caddy, and Peterson, and the Bucs track record managing Bowers, the risk is worth the reward....if he is still there in the 6th.

spurzo

Second String

#359 : March 22, 2013, 06:03:27 AM

Totally agree on Quanterus Smith.  He is a high first round talent based on the alabama game alone...3 sacks, 2 on Fluker 1 on Kouandjio, not coverage sacks either.  This guy is the top pass rushing talent in the draft but can't play for a while.  I'd even spend our second fourth round on him.  If we trade for Revis and lose next year's 1st rounder this a kind of like recouping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY   -  Bama game
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools