Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 59

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #435 : April 01, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »

Someone will take a flyer on Honey Badger in the 3rd . He won't be there in the 4th .

Can I get this weeks winning lottery numbers too, oh great swami? ;D Honestly I don't know.

A. I wanted him in the mock draft, because, fun points.
B. He smokes weed, so he's either a wingus-dingus or a terrorist. So he's going to be knocked down a few pegs.
C. How good IS this guy? Part of me thinks he's hype, but there's a reason I'm not a scout. Multiple reasons.

@Buc45

Tell me more about Sw0pe (Gotta use the zero! Somehow his name is a racial slur that everyone uses all the time). Are concussions easy to overcome for a WR? I mean he'd be a slot guy so he's gonna take hits.
« : April 01, 2013, 01:11:11 PM Lord Freesus »

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #436 : April 01, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »

I read somewhere that Mathieu would be a second rounder without the weed issues and that those will knock him back a round, so a third rounder. I'll see if I can find it.

What round is Swope expected to go in?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #437 : April 01, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

What round is Swope expected to go in?
CBS got him as a third round prospect.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #438 : April 01, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »

Todd McShay thinks the Bucs take Austin in the first...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/46427/mocking-the-nfc-south-with-mcshay

Let’s take a look at Todd McShay’s latest Insider mock draft from an NFC South perspective.

At No. 13, he has the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin. I wouldn’t totally rule this one out because the Bucs want to give quarterback Josh Freeman all the help they can. Austin could be explosive as a slot receiver. But the Bucs already have signed Kevin Ogletree to compete with Tiquan Underwood for the spot as the third receiver. I think Tampa Bay’s needs on defense are much greater and the Bucs should use that pick on the defensive side of the ball.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #439 : April 01, 2013, 03:00:43 PM »

Lol. I'm not a fan of taking Austin @ 13...but it has oohing to do with us having Ogletree and underwood! Those are two reasons why we SHOULD draft a receiver early.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #440 : April 01, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »

If we drafted a WR, a WR that's not BPA and an absolute beast, in the first round I might rage. None of the WRs in this draft are beasts to me

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #441 : April 01, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »

It's not that I don't like Austin. I just don't want to use a 1st round pick on him. If we really feel like we need a WR in the first three rounds....I'd go with DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd or Stedman Bailey in the 3rd. Taking a WR in 1st when we already have two outstanding receivers and a lot of holes on defense, would just be pretty dumb imo. Especially when that receiver isn't even a Megatron type prospect, but rather a speedster slot smurf.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #442 : April 01, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »

It's not that I don't like Austin. I just don't want to use a 1st round pick on him. If we really feel like we need a WR in the first three rounds....I'd go with DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd or Stedman Bailey in the 3rd. Taking a WR in 1st when we already have two outstanding receivers and a lot of holes on defense, would just be pretty dumb imo. Especially when that receiver isn't even a Megatron type prospect, but rather a speedster slot smurf.

Would love to draft Hopkins in the 2nd even if it's a luxury, I don't think he's there though.  I feel the same way about Austin at 13. Not my first choice but I'm not going to complain if he's the pick.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #443 : April 01, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »

If you want Werner or AC in the middle, why not just draft a DT

According to this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DT

None of those guys strikes me as a pass rusher. Just more expensive Roy Millers.

Plus can you imagine Bowers, Werner, McCoy and AC rushing the passer?!
Floyd and Richardson seem to be very good interior pass rushers

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #444 : April 01, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »

some someone just insinuate that Floyd and Richardson ARENT good at rushing the passer? mother of god..........................

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #445 : April 01, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »

If you want Werner or AC in the middle, why not just draft a DT

According to this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DT

None of those guys strikes me as a pass rusher. Just more expensive Roy Millers.

Plus can you imagine Bowers, Werner, McCoy and AC rushing the passer?!
Floyd and Richardson seem to be very good interior pass rushers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664149/sheldon-richardson
"Has a tendency to stand up out of his stance and lose the leverage battle, occasionally struggling to break free until it's too late in short-yardage situations. More productive rushing the passer, recognizing the dump-off pass and pursuing from behind with passion than actually getting home for the QB sack (just three sacks in his "dominant" 2012 campaign)"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737102/sharrif-floyd
"Has great initial quickness but does not appear to have the sustained quickness to translate into a consistent interior pass rush threat "

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #446 : April 01, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »

Lord  F:  You are not being totally objective.

CBS reports the Strengths and Weakness of every prospect. You have given links to the weaknesses of Floyd and Richardson.

Here is what CBS reports as the Weakness for Werner:

"Lacks elite length for the position and doesn't have the natural start/stop explosion of some pass rushers. Will lose leverage at times, especially off the snap when he gets too high out of his stance. Has improved his awareness against the run, but still has room to improve his ability to sift through the trash and defeat off-balance blocks.

Motor tends to run hot/cold at times, especially late in games or if the play isn't to his side of the field. Needs to consistently finish when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Has a history of minor injuries, including a left hand issue that bothered him this past season."

This doesn't make any of the 3 a prospect  to avoid.  It just adds an element of completeness to your argument.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #447 : April 01, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

My argument is that the DT prospects are not good at pass rushing. Werner is part of my mock draft, not the talent lacking DTs :P

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #448 : April 01, 2013, 08:07:23 PM »

Lord F:  You have Werner rushing from the iniside.  Some of those OG's are really big and I would estimate that he would be giving up about 50 lbs.  It is because the interior of OL's are so big that DT don't get as many sacks.  It may be that the overall defensive rush would be better with a big DT who has shown he has some pass rush ability.  He would be giving up a lot less weight at the point of attack.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #449 : April 01, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »

Final Mock - Post FA Mock :

1. Darrelle Revis and Tim Tebow  . ( Acquired in trade that includes this pick , next year's 3rd rounder , and Legarrette Blount ) A lot of people will scoff at the Tebow thing , but why not ? Jets want to get rid of him so he's going to come essentially for free in this trade. He gives us a potent wildcat formation for short yardage /goaline situations , and if you want to put pressure on Freeman , no one applies more pressure to the starter than Tebow- deserved or not. BTW , I would keep Orlovsky around also so we don't have to completely scrap the offense and run spread if Freeman goes down......oh , and major buzz is created with this trade = bye-bye blackouts.

2. Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State

3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State

4. Christine Micheal RB Texas A&M

4. Ace Sanders WR South Carolina

5. Xavier Nixon  OT Florida

6. Sanders Commings CB Georgia

6. Cory Grissom DT South Florida

7. Dan Giordano DE Cincinnati

Boom ! Crown our ass.
« : April 01, 2013, 08:09:19 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools