Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 59

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#450 : April 02, 2013, 04:04:17 AM

Lord F:  You have Werner rushing from the iniside.  Some of those OG's are really big and I would estimate that he would be giving up about 50 lbs.  It is because the interior of OL's are so big that DT don't get as many sacks.  It may be that the overall defensive rush would be better with a big DT who has shown he has some pass rush ability.  He would be giving up a lot less weight at the point of attack.

I have Clayborn rushing from the inside in my mock draft and/or good insurance if Bowers sucks.

McCoy can collapse the pocket, these available DTs can't on his level. That's why I will rage a wee bit if we draft one this high. I get over wtf picks rather quickly.

@Dolorous Jason

What dummy is going to buy tickets because we have Tebow on the roster? Besides his family. Sure the talking heads will give us buzz, but that can't translate to ticket sales.
: April 02, 2013, 04:06:13 AM Lord Freesus

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#451 : April 02, 2013, 07:26:06 AM

@Dolorous Jason

What dummy is going to buy tickets because we have Tebow on the roster? Besides his family.

Some of the 10's of 1'000's of Gator fans in this area who absolutely LOVE the guy for winning two national titles and a heisman trophy.....that's who .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#452 : April 02, 2013, 08:35:22 AM

Gotta disagree Freesus. I think Floyd might be a better pass rushing DT than McCoy. I'm not big on Star or Richardson, but Floyd looks like a great interior pass rusher.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#453 : April 02, 2013, 09:23:29 AM

I didn't see this posted any where else, but Bucs are throwing a draft party with free beer samples.  Wish I lived closer 

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/The-Perfect-Pick-The-Official-Draft-Party-Presented-by-Miller-Lite/d68697c2-4bcd-49a9-a68d-6156b85fec4d   

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#454 : April 02, 2013, 09:44:34 AM

@Dolorous Jason

What dummy is going to buy tickets because we have Tebow on the roster? Besides his family.

Some of the 10's of 1'000's of Gator fans in this area who absolutely LOVE the guy for winning two national titles and a heisman trophy.....that's who .

read my mind on this one

for the record these Tebow fans are really dumb if they think hes going to get a shot in the NFL, they can pack the stadium but hes not going to play, at least not as a qb unless we use him as a short yardage runner. i want nothing to do with him being here even though it would likely end the blackouts. the problems he causes just by being here are not worth it. especially with how erratic josh freeman can be

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#455 : April 02, 2013, 04:25:53 PM

Good listen/read on Trufant.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21995878/split-opinion----senior-bowl-standout-trufant-being-overrated

kylel6901

Starter

#456 : April 02, 2013, 06:47:22 PM

New Walter Football April 2nd Mock Draft Update

Bucs picks

1st(13th) Tavon Austin
2nd(43rd) Johnathan Banks
3rd(73rd) Gavin Escobar
4th(112th) Jordan Poyer
4th(126th) Montori Hughes

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#457 : April 02, 2013, 10:28:35 PM

Saw this earlier, wasn't sure where to put it.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#458 : April 03, 2013, 12:37:16 AM

Saw that too. Here is a follow up as to why he thinks that....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156934/article/does-jarvis-jones-lack-the-speed-to-be-elite-in-nfl?campaign=Twitter_atl

We decided to give Gil a call because a) we always enjoy hearing stories about the construction of the Dallas Cowboys in the "Mad Men" era; and b) we thought more insight was necessary on why Gil is so down on Jones' NFL prospects.

"I just see him as a one-position player," Brandt said Tuesday night over the phone. "I see him as a guy that's going to play with his hand on the ground and he's going to try hard, and he's going to come close to making sacks, but he's not going to have 14.5 like he did at Georgia."

After choosing to sit out workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine, Jones underwhelmed at Georgia's Pro Day.

Win a chance to announce a pick live at the 2013 NFL Draft. Enter now!
"I don't think he can play in space. I don't think he can be a 3-4 'backer that can drop into space and be effective," Brandt continued. "When you see him come from one side and try to chase down a play, he doesn't have that speed that you really need to have to play that position when he's chasing a guy.

"I think he's one of those guys that when you're rushing the passer, he's going to almost get there, but not quite."

Gil said he's "probably too harsh" on Jones, but despite his assessment he believes the linebacker still will come off the board in the first round. Jones is just not Gil's flavor of ice cream.

Basically it seems like a knee jerk reaction to him running a 4.9 forty at his pro day. Vontaze Burfict ran a 4.93 last year. Just sayin.
: April 03, 2013, 12:39:45 AM JDouble

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#459 : April 03, 2013, 12:40:54 AM

I think the only way he makes sense for the Bucs is if he can play linebacker and rush the passer on passing downs. I have no idea if he can or not. I do think he looks faster in highlights than he timed in the 40. Of course, that's why they're highlights.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#460 : April 03, 2013, 12:44:07 AM

We showed zero interest in Elvis Dumervil, and he is the ideal version of what you hope Jarvis Jones becomes.....so I doubt we are interested in drafting him.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#461 : April 03, 2013, 12:49:55 AM

Yeah, I don't expect the Bucs to be interested. I don't even know if what I think makes sense for the Bucs is what they'd want. I don't see them taking a DE in the first round, though, unless he can move inside or if they want to move Bowers inside on passing downs.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#462 : April 03, 2013, 09:47:18 AM

Private Workout with the Bucs.  Bucsnation's view.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/4/3/4175324/2013-nfl-draft-tyrann-mathieu-buccaneers-honey-badger

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

kylel6901

Starter

#463 : April 03, 2013, 09:47:30 AM

Another player along with Jarvis Jones that I have seen dropping into the second possibly third round has been Damontre Moore... Anyone?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#464 : April 03, 2013, 10:22:13 AM

Slide Jarvis Jones right to us. I've watched where he completely takes over the game, and is always around the ball. That's enough for me.
Page: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools