Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 59

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#630 : April 16, 2013, 07:20:51 PM

If it went down like that and we still didn't have Revis, you have to make the Trufant pick. Got to.
dear god don't let you into draft room.
If ya can't trade out of the pick either Richardson or Jarvis Jones. Maybe Tyler Eifert if your sure he is the next perennial all pro.

i hope you arent in the draft room either. a TE at 13 is insane as well considering most have eifert going in the 20s

If you are forced to reach it better be a desperate need. CB is a desperate need , TE is not ...

Out of the draft room , Swamp Bat. Jones and Eifert are bigger reaches than Trufant.

That certainly is a far fetched opinion...production in Jones and Eifert vs potential in Trufant

You must be accountable for your actions!

zsmith22

Starter

#631 : April 16, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

My final mock draft:
1st round: Traded to jets for Darrelle Revis
2nd Round: If Ronde retires: Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State, If Ronde's back: Zach Ertz, TE Stanford
3rd Round: Corey Lemonier DE, Auburn
4th Round: First of two traded for revis... Second 4th: Montee Ball RB, Wisconsin
5th Round: Marquise Goodwin, WR/KR Texas
6th Round: BPA (Preferably a DT)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#632 : April 16, 2013, 09:27:03 PM

Monte Ball in the 4th round? You on the crizack homie.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#633 : April 16, 2013, 11:30:54 PM

Monte Ball in the 4th round? You on the crizack homie.

Its possible, but I think he'll go in the third

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#634 : April 16, 2013, 11:53:04 PM

There might be a RB taken in the 1st, but this looks like the first year where there might be none drafted in the 1st round.

In the 2nd round however, I expect a rush of RBs to be drafted and Ball will almost certainly be one of the first three RBs off the board. I guess it is possible he slips past the 2nd round to the early 3rd, and if he does I hope we draft him.....but no way he makes it to the 4th round. If he is still on the board at the end of day 2, I'll buy a round for everyone at the G2G!

idliketoproposeatoast

Second String

#635 : April 17, 2013, 02:30:51 AM

Updated Mock with a trade down with the Niners, we give up 13th overall and our 5th rounder, get back the 31st, 34th and their 4th rounder...

1. Tank Carradine - DE FSU:
     it may now be possible that he doesn't make it to pick 31, but if he does, i think we need this guy on our roster. imagine 3rd down with clay inside and he and bowers off the edge

2. Best Available CB (Desmond Trufant - Wash, Jamar Taylor - Boise St, or DJ Hayden - Hou):
     each guy seems to have the makings of a true shutdown corner and I would imagine one of them should be there at 34

2. Zach Ertz - TE Stanford:
     complete player and great target for free, true make or break year for that guy and should have no excuses with all the weapons he's being surrounded with

3. Jamie Collins - OLB/DE Southern Miss:
     hybrid freak athlete here who will compete for the OLB spot opposite lavonte and should be able to get after the passer on 3rd down

4. Logan Ryan - CB Rutgers:
     reunited with coach, should start out as a good third corner and possibly develop into a solid starter in the near future

4. Akeem Spence - DT Illinois:
     more depth at the DT position, seems to have some upside and should be able to hold at the point of attack

4. Kenjon Barner - RB Oregon:
     true change of pace to spell doug, lightning quick but should still be able to run the rock in the middle, should be a mismatch against most LBs in space

6. Luke Marquardt - OT Azusa Pacific:
     small school athlete who dominated at that level, may need some seasoning but there is some potential here

6. Greg Reid - CB FSU:
     dynamic returner and should be a decent slot corner, the culture shift at OBP should allow for the risk on a guy with his talent

There you go, have at it, but personally, I'd be absolutely stoked with this haul, our pass rush and secondary are vastly improved, and we add some more weapons for the offense and free to thrive in his make or break year, otherwise we trade up to the top of the first next year for teddy bridgewater or johnny football and one of those guys get the keys to what should be a very balanced, dangerous team
: April 17, 2013, 02:34:30 AM idliketoproposeatoast

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#636 : April 17, 2013, 08:00:15 AM

Why would sf make that trade?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#637 : April 17, 2013, 08:10:48 AM

Only reason I would think GT is if they fell in love with a WR that was available like Austin or Patterson.  Panthers will be looking to get a second option to Smith so they could try and jump them.  I don't think trading down is going to be easy this year though.......not any "must have" guys that teams will be scrambling for imo.  I do think we will see some action at the start of day 2 though.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#638 : April 17, 2013, 08:44:46 AM

Why would sf make that trade?

They have picks to burn with not a lot of needs. They should go for quality over quanity.  Kenny Vaccarro, Floyd, Star, Patterson, Austin might be worth trading up for them.
The trade chart has the 13th pick  = 1150pts, 31st  + 34th pick = 1160. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#639 : April 17, 2013, 08:54:47 AM

SF would do the trade because people on this board need more picks for their mocks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#640 : April 17, 2013, 09:41:48 AM

My first response was to think that trade is ridiculous and would never happen, but after losing Goldson, the 49ers might be willing to move up for Vaccarro. Not likely, but possible.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#641 : April 17, 2013, 09:42:41 AM

its not outside the realm of possibility for SF to make a big trade up. theyve got a ridiculous amount of picks and are a superbowl contender. if theres a guy that will go early i could see them packaging and moving way up. if theres one team that can afford to bet the house on a single player its SF. they need another WR for the future since Boldin probly only has a year or two left in him and manningham had that big injury. they also need to find a replacement for justin smith at some point

idliketoproposeatoast

Second String

#642 : April 17, 2013, 10:31:42 AM

SF will very likely move up, not sure exactly to what spot in the first round, it may be higher than this or it may not be this high.  Likely depends on who they feel they need, I've heard they're very interested in star, tavon, and vaccaro.  It is very possible that two or maybe all three will be available when we're on the clock and they would need to get in front a few of the teams picking right behind us if there's one of those guys they really want. It may not be all the way to 13 but if it is, the package should be pretty similar to this.  That team has far more draft picks than it does roster spots and with them only a few pieces away from a potential Super Bowl title it makes no sense for them to stand pat and wait for the best available to drop to them.  We should expect them to be very aggressive come draft night and if we still have that first pick when we're on the clock and dom's looking to trade down, with thier plethora of picks, SF should be the first call he makes.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#643 : April 17, 2013, 02:54:00 PM

Lande's latest mock:

12.  Mia       Milliner
13   Bucs   Sly Williams
14   Carol   Floyd
16   Stl        Austin
19  Giants  Richardson
25  Minn     Rhodes
30  Atl          DJ Hayden

If the Bucs get that close to Milliner, I hope they trade up with San Diego to get him.  If the Bucs don't get Milliner, I am satisfied with a DT, Floyd, Richardson, Sly Williams.  But for me Milliner is the best the Bucs can do.  I like the idea of a DT, but if the Bucs get Milliner, I am satisfied with DT in the 2nd round.

Austin is a wild card for me. Would not be disappointed if Dom and Schiano decided to take him--they have better information to make that decision.  But a trade up for Milliner, I am on board for this.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#644 : April 17, 2013, 05:40:58 PM

My final mock draft:
1st round: Traded to jets for Darrelle Revis
2nd Round: If Ronde retires: Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State, If Ronde's back: Zach Ertz, TE Stanford
3rd Round: Corey Lemonier DE, Auburn
4th Round: First of two traded for revis... Second 4th: Montee Ball RB, Wisconsin
5th Round: Marquise Goodwin, WR/KR Texas
6th Round: BPA (Preferably a DT)
so you would let Ronde's decision  decide who you are  going to draft? 

Page: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools