Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#720 : April 23, 2013, 08:36:22 PM

There has been alot of speculation that Dominik will trade back into the 1st round if a  player they really like falls into the late 20s. I think this is obviously possible but I think there is a better chance for the Bucs to use their late 4th rounder and one of their 6th roundersto wind up with two 2nd rounders and even trade up in the 3rd to get the player they covet. I could see the Bucs first four picks as follows:

2)  Kawann Short - DT
2)  Gavin Escobar - TE
3)  Logan Ryan - CB
4) Ricky Wagner - OL

Big time disappointment if they wind up with 3 picks on day 2, but don't end up with a DE.

If Werner or Datone Jones  are still available after Day 1 then maybe the Bucs trade up in the 2nd  to grab one of them but I think the Bucs are really banking on Bowers and Claiborne taking the majority of the snaps at DE.  Schiano keeps hyping up the young depth we have at the position so I just dont know we will pull the trigger at DE early in the draft

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#721 : April 23, 2013, 09:01:45 PM

im just skeptical as hell that scott is as good as everyone thinks he is. hes a 1 year wonder running Rich Rodriguez's spread system. i didnt see very many NFL level throws  in his highlights. he didnt fit the ball into a ton of tight windows over than on slants. alot of his throws were to guys that got lost in the coverage and got wide open.

im just not comfortbale with that guy and i dont think hes really going to push Freeman. hell we dont even need anyone to push freeman this year. if the fact that hes in a make or break year doesnt push him then nothing will

Jutt

Starter
#722 : April 23, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

im just skeptical as hell that scott is as good as everyone thinks he is. hes a 1 year wonder running Rich Rodriguez's spread system. i didnt see very many NFL level throws  in his highlights. he didnt fit the ball into a ton of tight windows over than on slants. alot of his throws were to guys that got lost in the coverage and got wide open.

im just not comfortbale with that guy and i dont think hes really going to push Freeman. hell we dont even need anyone to push freeman this year. if the fact that hes in a make or break year doesnt push him then nothing will

To be fair, there are quite a few NFL QBs who cant fit throws into tight windows. From what i see on the highlights, and from the game or two i saw of theirs last year, dude shows up to play. He can make the necessary throws. If hes available in the 5th i say we scoop him up and sit him down with a clipboard.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#723 : April 23, 2013, 10:03:08 PM

I've seen a few mocks with Hayden and Taylor going in the first and Trufant falling to us in the second. Anyone realistically see Trufant available in the second when we pick.?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#724 : April 23, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

To be fair, there are quite a few NFL QBs who cant fit throws into tight windows. From what i see on the highlights, and from the game or two i saw of theirs last year, dude shows up to play. He can make the necessary throws. If hes available in the 5th i say we scoop him up and sit him down with a clipboard.

yeah and a 5th is fine. just not a 3rd, thats a bad pick in the 3rd when we can get guys who will actually see the field in that round

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#725 : April 23, 2013, 10:04:46 PM

I've seen a few mocks with Hayden and Taylor going in the first and Trufant falling to us in the second. Anyone realistically see Trufant available in the second when we pick.?

NO WAY IN HELL. if he somehow falls to the 2nd he will be taken at the very beginning of the round. dont see him falling though

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#726 : April 23, 2013, 10:24:01 PM

There has been alot of speculation that Dominik will trade back into the 1st round if a  player they really like falls into the late 20s. I think this is obviously possible but I think there is a better chance for the Bucs to use their late 4th rounder and one of their 6th roundersto wind up with two 2nd rounders and even trade up in the 3rd to get the player they covet. I could see the Bucs first four picks as follows:

2)  Kawann Short - DT
2)  Gavin Escobar - TE
3)  Logan Ryan - CB
4) Ricky Wagner - OL

Big time disappointment if they wind up with 3 picks on day 2, but don't end up with a DE.

If Werner or Datone Jones  are still available after Day 1 then maybe the Bucs trade up in the 2nd  to grab one of them but I think the Bucs are really banking on Bowers and Claiborne taking the majority of the snaps at DE.  Schiano keeps hyping up the young depth we have at the position so I just dont know we will pull the trigger at DE early in the draft

Thing about that is...the 3rd DE is essentially a starter. Its rare that you see a DE on the field over 90% of the snaps. Hell, a guy like Peppers was only on the field 75% of the Bears plays last year. You look at the Bengals and their four top DEs were on the field 79%, 63%, 59%, and 43% of the time. The 3rd DE will see the field more than the starting Sam, the NCB, and around the same snaps as the starting NT. This isn't about replacing Bowers or Clayborn. It's about having a badass rotation, which is key to having an excellent pass rush.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#727 : April 23, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

I'm good with any draft that nets us at least 2 of the following:
Ace Sanders
Christine Michael
Dennis Johnson
Ryan Swoop
Tyrann Mathieu

All have big play ability and will improve special teams IMMEDIATELY!!!

Jutt

Starter
#728 : April 23, 2013, 10:36:56 PM

yeah and a 5th is fine. just not a 3rd, thats a bad pick in the 3rd when we can get guys who will actually see the field in that round

Agreed. I cant see us taking a QB before the 4th in any sense.
: April 23, 2013, 10:43:25 PM Jutt

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#729 : April 23, 2013, 10:49:07 PM

He's not going to be there in the 5th , so why even waste time with that pointless caveat ? I like a LOT of players 2 rounds after they are actually projected to go. I like Jarvis Jones in the 4th round....good luck with that. lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#730 : April 23, 2013, 11:17:20 PM

2)  Kawann Short - DT
2)  Gavin Escobar - TE
3)  Logan Ryan - CB
4) Ricky Wagner - OL

Thing about that is...the 3rd DE is essentially a starter. Its rare that you see a DE on the field over 90% of the snaps. Hell, a guy like Peppers was only on the field 75% of the Bears plays last year. You look at the Bengals and their four top DEs were on the field 79%, 63%, 59%, and 43% of the time. The 3rd DE will see the field more than the starting Sam, the NCB, and around the same snaps as the starting NT. This isn't about replacing Bowers or Clayborn. It's about having a badass rotation, which is key to having an excellent pass rush.

All good points Chace. I just wonder if they will give up multiple picks to get up to the 1st round to grab a DE that is a plug and play impact player. Who do you like?  I do like both Werner and Datone Moore as high effort guys who can get to the QB.  I wonder if the Bucs will take a hard look at trading up for  Moore from Texas A &M if he  takes a big fall,
: April 23, 2013, 11:19:16 PM Ft Myers Buc Fan

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#731 : April 23, 2013, 11:23:30 PM

2)  Kawann Short - DT
2)  Gavin Escobar - TE
3)  Logan Ryan - CB
4) Ricky Wagner - OL

All good points Chace. I just wonder if they will give up multiple picks to get up to the 1st round to grab a DE that is a plug and play impact player. Who do you like?  I do like both Werner and Datone Moore as high effort guys who can get to the QB?  I wonder if the Bucs will take a hard look at trading up for  Moore from Texas A &M if he  takes a big fall,

Love Werner. Love Datone Jones. Love Damontre Moore. Love Carradine. If we get one of those at the end of day one or the start of day two...I would be ecstatic. I actually think Moore may be there at #43.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#732 : April 24, 2013, 12:45:56 AM

If you use our top fourth, it should be enough to get us up from 43 to about 36. One of those pass rushers should be there at that point.

In Verner We Trust

spurzo

Second String

#733 : April 24, 2013, 06:48:10 AM

Here's my day before mock draft

2) DE - Margus Hunt - every DE from the second round on has some lingering concerns, so why not take the one with the biggest upside... he clearly has a crazy work ethic and could be a leader down the road.  Also he'd be a prime candidate to rush from the interior on passing downs
3) TE - Travis Kelce - love his combo of size, athleticism and he can block
4)CB - Logan Ryan - seems like great value if he's there... who knows how all the cb's go off the board but they'll be somebody good there... maybe BW Webb is there
4)DT - Montori Hughes - primarily a run stuffer but does have the athleticism to rush the passer... more talented than his draft position indicates
5)OT - Ricky Wagner - taking this straight from Walterfootball but he seems to think he'll be there in the 5th. Need to draft a swing tackle to develop
6)RB - Stefphon Jefferson - good combo of size and speed
6)OLB - Ty Powell - project but has enticing athleticism 

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#734 : April 24, 2013, 07:10:03 AM

He's not going to be there in the 5th , so why even waste time with that pointless caveat ? I like a LOT of players 2 rounds after they are actually projected to go. I like Jarvis Jones in the 4th round....good luck with that. lol

my point is that Matt Scott is a garbage pick for us in the 3rd and that im only ok if we took him in the 5th. im not debating whether hes going to be there or not
Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools