Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#750 : April 24, 2013, 01:37:56 PM

I find mock drafts to be vile and disputable... and they make me want to puke... So, here's mine (and I'm winging it)!

2. DT Johnathan Hankins - Ohio State University, The
3. LB Jon Bostic - Florida
4. OT Jordan Mills - Louisiana Tech
4. WR Marquess Wilson - Washington State
5. QB Sean Renfree - Duke
6. RB Zac Stacy - Vanderbilt
6. TE DC Jefferson - Rutgers

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#751 : April 24, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

I find mock drafts to be vile and disputable... and they make me want to puke... So, here's mine (and I'm winging it)!

Eh, don't see us taking a NT so early.  The position just isn't that important in this defense (Landri and Gibson are more than adequate). 

If it's a DT, it's of the 3-tech type, IMO.  More like Kawann Short.

That's how I see it though.

I do like Sean Renfree and Zac Stacy.  Those would be good picks...could probably get Renfree later, though...

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#752 : April 24, 2013, 03:57:06 PM

Eh, don't see us taking a NT so early.  The position just isn't that important in this defense (Landri and Gibson are more than adequate). 

I do like Sean Renfree and Zac Stacy.  Those would be good picks...could probably get Renfree later, though...

I don't buy into that nonsense about a position on defense being less important.  Might as well put up a target on them.
: April 24, 2013, 04:08:31 PM CalicoJack55

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#753 : April 24, 2013, 04:10:27 PM

It has a certain level of importance, but like SLB, it is dwarfed by many other positions. It's more important to have a more talented 3rd DE than it is to have a studly NT, IMO. Taking a NT with our first pick will be a waste.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#754 : April 24, 2013, 04:24:47 PM

It has a certain level of importance, but like SLB, it is dwarfed by many other positions. It's more important to have a more talented 3rd DE than it is to have a studly NT, IMO. Taking a NT with our first pick will be a waste.

Well, yes, every position has a certain level of importance.  I agree.  I also agree with the importance of a 3rd DE.

But I do think someone to backup McCoy (at the 3tech) and get in there next to him on 3rd downs (when the NT is typically taken out) is also something they are look at.  A la Kawann Short.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#755 : April 24, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

I think Clayborn, Bowers, and a new DE like Carridine or Datone Jones could play three tech if McCoy was injured, and they would have more value than a NT.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#756 : April 24, 2013, 04:31:50 PM

Hankins is versatile enough to play 3-tech, nose and DE in three man fronts.  That's good value where the pick is.  They wanted to get bigger... BOOM!

BucD

Hall of Famer

#757 : April 24, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

Hankins is versatile enough to play 3-tech, nose and DE in three man fronts.  That's good value where the pick is.  They wanted to get bigger... BOOM!

I disagree.

He's strictly a NT, IMO.  He doesn't have the burst to be a big time pass rusher/be effective as a 3-Tech.

But it's your mock.  Just giving my opinion.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#758 : April 24, 2013, 04:46:21 PM

I think Clayborn, Bowers, and a new DE like Carridine or Datone Jones could play three tech if McCoy was injured, and they would have more value than a NT.

Could you imagine Bowers, Clayborn, Carradine, and McCoy pinning their ears back and flying after Matty Ice on 3rd and 8?

I need a new pair of pants.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#759 : April 24, 2013, 05:03:52 PM

Here's my post-Revis crack at this:
1st (29) Tampa Bay selects SMU, DE, Margus Hunt
   acquired from NE:
   NE receives Tampa Bays 2nd(43), 4th (112), and 6th (196)
   Tampa Bay receives NE 1st (29) and 7th (226)

- I just think this is their guy and they go up and get him. Like someone pointed out before, NE is looking for picks and is usually active on draft day. Dominik's recent pressers indicate a want to move up and I think that's his way of communicating. I also look at the hiring of Eric Stokes, whose time in Seattle coincided was some selections that seemed off at the time (Bruce Irvin, anyone?). Hunt is raw but I think he has the size and power the Bucs are looking for in a DE. 

3rd (73) Tampa Bay selects LSU, CB, Tyrann Mathieu

- Might not be a Buccaneer Man but if he has truly changed his way, the Bucs will add a playmaker to secondary. Learning from a guy like Revis and hopefully, Ronder Barber, could help this guy at the next level. Definite high risk/high reward player. The Bucs have worked him out but it could be just to check him out for themselves. I like Logan from Rutgers (obvious ties but is a pretty good option for a man-cover CB) and possibly B.W. Webb from William and Mary.

4th (129) Tampa Bay selects UF, RB, Mike Gillisee

- Workhorse back that can get the job done. Played against great defenses week-in and week-out in the SEC with no real passing threat. Would be a great compliment to Doug Martin. And yes, I am a Gator homer.

5th (147) Tampa Bay selects UO, QB, Landry Jones

- Best mid-round QB option IMO. Much like Freeman though, he can show flashes of greatness followed by maddening inconsistency.

5th (167) Tampa Bay selects LT, OT, Jordan Mills
         acquired from GB:
   GB receives Lagarette Blount, and undisclosed 2014 draft pick
   TB receives GBs 5th (167), 7th (232)

- Blount is traded to GB who still hasn't forgot that highlight reel run from 2011. Tampa picks up Jordan Mills as an OT prospect. Good, coachable and has a nasty streak. I think Bostad could work wonders with this kid. Ricky Wagner from Wisconsin could be an option here as well. No surprise that his best season came as a junior under Bob Bostad.

6th (181) Tampa Bay selects Princeton, DE, Mike Capatano

- Strong, quick, productive DE prospect with good size. From Long Island...wouldnt be surprised if Schiano has some insight on the kid given the region.

7th (226) Tampa Bay selects CAL, CB, Steve Williams

- Developmental CB who has tremendous speed. A playmaker.

7th (232) Tampa Bay selects WKU, TE, Jack Doyle

- Because drafting developmental TEs is what Tampa Bay does.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#760 : April 24, 2013, 05:34:56 PM

Is Hunt the dude that had all the blocked kicks in college? If that skill is something that is transferable to the pro game, he's going to be valuable to some team.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

DerekPHFD

Rookie

#761 : April 24, 2013, 06:39:42 PM

If i could be a bit wishful, this is mine based off what i have read in terms of where players are projected to go:

2: Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M (Stock is slipping, but was premier pass rusher at A&M)
3: Khaseem Green OLB Rutgers (Familiar with Schiano and the system)
4a: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State (The size is right at 5-11, could learn from the best)
4b: Kwame Geathers DT Georgia (HUGE man at 350 to add depth to the NT on run downs, strictly space eater)
5: Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin (Bostad coached him at WIS so familiar with scheme, could add depth to both tackle spots)
6a: Kayvon Webster CB South Florida (Local product, good size and speed combo to add competetion)
6b: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA (Big redzone target at 6-7 255 that had 12 touchdowns this past year)

With this draft we could acquire a player that was looked at as top 5 just 3 months ago (Moore) a potential solid starter (Green) a nickel corner that could push for the #2 spot in the next few years (Poyer) a good rotational run defending NT (Geathers) a valuable backup for both tackles (Wagner) a developmental corner (Webster) and a potential big redzone threat for Freeman (Fauria) that fills a lot of the needs i believe we have. Maybe sign an UDFA QB to be the #3 and try and push Dan for the #2 in a couple of years.

HolyBuc

Starter
#762 : April 24, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

Anyone have a link to the 30 players Bucs brought in on an official pre-draft visit?  I remember Barron being one last year.

Jutt

Starter
#763 : April 24, 2013, 07:02:36 PM

If i could be a bit wishful, this is mine based off what i have read in terms of where players are projected to go:

2: Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M (Stock is slipping, but was premier pass rusher at A&M)
3: Khaseem Green OLB Rutgers (Familiar with Schiano and the system)
4a: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State (The size is right at 5-11, could learn from the best)
4b: Kwame Geathers DT Georgia (HUGE man at 350 to add depth to the NT on run downs, strictly space eater)
5: Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin (Bostad coached him at WIS so familiar with scheme, could add depth to both tackle spots)
6a: Kayvon Webster CB South Florida (Local product, good size and speed combo to add competetion)
6b: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA (Big redzone target at 6-7 255 that had 12 touchdowns this past year)

With this draft we could acquire a player that was looked at as top 5 just 3 months ago (Moore) a potential solid starter (Green) a nickel corner that could push for the #2 spot in the next few years (Poyer) a good rotational run defending NT (Geathers) a valuable backup for both tackles (Wagner) a developmental corner (Webster) and a potential big redzone threat for Freeman (Fauria) that fills a lot of the needs i believe we have. Maybe sign an UDFA QB to be the #3 and try and push Dan for the #2 in a couple of years.

Would be pretty satisfied with this draft. We'd get guys who could contribute  a bit right away, and add solid depth. Not to mention become starters down the road.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#764 : April 24, 2013, 07:05:10 PM

2nd - CB DJ Hayden
3rd - WR Stedman Bailey
4th - TE Gavin Escobar
4th - RB Stepfan Taylor
5th - CB BW Webb
6th - DE Mike Catapano
6th - LB Michael Clay

or

2nd - DE Tank Carradine (trade our xtra 4th to move up)
3rd - TE Gavin Escobar
4th - CB Leon McFadden
5th - RB Dennis Johnson
6th - WR Conner Vernon
6th - LB Michael Clay
: April 25, 2013, 12:02:37 AM JDouble

Page: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools