Boards > Pirate's Cove

2013 Tampa Bay Rays

<< < (23/90) > >>

Dolorous Jason:

--- Quote from: olafberserker on April 19, 2013, 08:38:09 PM ---

I was more impressed by the fact that a 20 year old prospect could be capable of playing and contributing at the MLB level.

--- End quote ---

Yeah , but aren't they worried about arbitration in 2019 ?

olafberserker:

--- Quote from: Dolorous Jason on April 20, 2013, 07:26:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: olafberserker on April 19, 2013, 08:38:09 PM ---

I was more impressed by the fact that a 20 year old prospect could be capable of playing and contributing at the MLB level.

--- End quote ---

Yeah , but aren't they worried about arbitration in 2019 ?

--- End quote ---

Apparently not and they averaged around 14k in the stands for the Rays series so I have no idea how they could possibly have a 91 million dollar pay roll.

Biggs3535:
The supposed #4 and #5 pitchers have been excellent so far this season for the team.  Price and Helly will be fine in time, but I have to think it won't be long until Archer is promoted for Ex-Fausto.   

It's fun watching this team when they hit the baseball.

swamp_bats:
I can't believe how bad they suck this year. Really dissapointed. I hope they can turn it around. really gonna suck to see Price traded away.

olafberserker:
Another great pitching performance.  Only one homer tonight, but that is all we needed.

20 year old Manny Machado hit his 2nd homer of the year tonight for the O's while our hot shot OF prospect we traded two of our top notch pitchers for hit his first or the year ......  for our Triple A affiliate in Durham.

Dolorous Jason:
what a joke.

Biggs3535:
Great performance by Hellickson.

--- Quote from: olafberserker on April 20, 2013, 10:16:02 PM ---20 year old Manny Machado hit his 2nd homer of the year tonight for the O's while our hot shot OF prospect we traded two of our top notch pitchers for hit his first or the year ......  for our Triple A affiliate in Durham.

--- End quote ---

Can't get any at-bats for the young-in with players like Ryan Roberts needing playing time.

olafberserker:
now, you know that isn't the reason.

Biggs3535:
As embarrassing as the the previous road trip was for the Rays, this series vs. Oakland was impressive.  Oakland was leading the majors in runs scored coming into Tampa, and they only managed to score a measly 4 runs in three games.  While the Rays offense has finally awoken, scoring 17 in the three-game series.

Keep it up for the Yanks.

olafberserker:
Lee done for the season

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/21/hak-ju-lee-diagnosed-with-torn-ligaments-in-left-knee/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version