Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 60

Crash The Net

Rookie

#480 : July 28, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

Have a day, Wil Myers.
I think he is my new favorite player in baseball.

The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. - Mark Twain

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#481 : July 28, 2013, 04:25:19 PM

Simpy

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#482 : July 28, 2013, 05:58:00 PM

Simpy

Can you take this form of astute analysis to the nurse's lameass thread, slugger?  The IQ level is lower there too, so your unoriginal arse will fit right in there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#483 : July 28, 2013, 05:59:51 PM

Slugger.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#484 : July 28, 2013, 09:59:34 PM

damn - was hoping to win today with Moore... but he gave up too many runs. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#485 : July 28, 2013, 10:22:53 PM

It was a simpy kind of day , eh slugger ?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#486 : July 29, 2013, 09:03:53 PM

Another gem by Price.  Dude is unbelievable.  Rain delay in the 8th, Rays up 2-1.  They may call it soon.

Update

Well they pulled it out. But not before trying to give it away in the bottom of the 9th.
: July 29, 2013, 10:56:42 PM The Anti-Java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#487 : July 30, 2013, 09:01:40 AM

Unbelievable game, in many ways.  I don't think I've seen a bigger bad call go in the Rays favor in a long time.

And that bad call saved Maddon's arse from his screw up.  Either you don't send Price out there in the first place or you let him finish the inning - after painting with Gomes.  Pulling him after the strikeout was bush league.  Glad he admitted he f'ed up, because I'm sure there will be people would defend that crap.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#488 : July 30, 2013, 11:00:36 AM

He felt the mistake was sending him out to begin with, he corrected by pulling him because he didn't look right to him. Nothing "bush league" about it.   Not sure why the bad call bailed him out in anyway.  It bailed Peralta out for not doing his job and allowing back to back doubles to Lavarnway and Drew.  I know there hasn't been much of an opportunity to **CENSORED** about Maddon and there is no BJ to fall back on, but geez.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/recap?gameId=330729102

"He came back and got the strikeout, I understand, but I really didn't like it," Maddon said.

"I kicked myself. ... I knew I made a mistake" sending Price back out after the rain delay, Maddon said. "The guy's way too important to the franchise and he's way too important to himself to jeopardize it on July 29."
: July 30, 2013, 11:03:40 AM olafberserker

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#489 : July 30, 2013, 11:02:20 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/rays-have-interest-in-crain-deal-not-close/2133746

Solid deal by Friedman, in a year where the team really didn't need to go out and make a deal, for a change.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#490 : July 30, 2013, 07:43:14 PM

Lights out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#491 : July 30, 2013, 09:35:49 PM

Man oh man, that bad call was the main topic, on talk radio Tuesday.  I wish they would just take the plunge and introduce some high tech to the game.   There were a few interesting ideas floated.  Like put a chip in the baseball, and the batter has sensors on his knees and in the lettering of the jersey.  That would take care of balls and strikes. Cabrerra looked at a pitch the other day, around shoulder high, and the ump calls it a strike. He turned and said something to the ump very calmly, and got tossed. 

The flag system could work, like the NFL challenge flag, the manager could call for a review on a big play, like that one last night.

The only arguments I have heard against the high tech stuff, seem empty.  Like baseball has a great tradition, and we don't want to change anything.

Or, it would slow down the game too much.  Hell, the average game these days, is 3.5 hours.

I don't think anyone can argue that MLB has, or is in the process of losing, the younger fans.  Going high tech might reverse that trend..

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#492 : July 30, 2013, 10:00:59 PM

They aren't losing young fans because of bad calls.  Those exist in all sports.   And which "big" plays are you going to review?   If every questionable call is allowed to be reviewed, those 3.5 hour games will be 5 hours in a hurry.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#493 : July 31, 2013, 06:30:31 AM

Tonight is kids night at the game.   Kids 14 and under get in for $2.   Hopefully that adds some young fans.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#494 : July 31, 2013, 09:19:46 AM

'Ole Fausto with a gem of his own.  I've been around baseball for quite awhile, and I don't ever recall a starting pitching staff have this type of run as a whole.  It's been pretty damn amazing to watch.

Oh, and the Red Sox traded for Jake Peavy.

Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools