Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 60

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#585 : August 25, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

Plenty of game left, Dodgers can come back easily.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#586 : August 25, 2013, 09:20:05 PM

Plenty of game left, Dodgers can come back easily.

Pitching advantage this game goes to BoSox. I think they take this one.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#587 : August 25, 2013, 09:43:59 PM

For sure, Red Sox #1 vs. Dodgers #5. I'd take Red Sox, but Dodgers are only down 2, and they can come back easily with their offense.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#588 : August 25, 2013, 10:40:41 PM

The Rays are staying close in the standings.  I think they just need to do that, not necessarily win the division.  If they can get into the postseason, that is where their great pitching will make a difference.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#589 : August 25, 2013, 10:50:45 PM

Tough loss today.

Letting the Yanks steal 3rd in the 11th was criminal.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#590 : August 25, 2013, 11:01:22 PM

Just when we get in first place we get right back behind... *sigh* I hate the Red Sox.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#591 : August 26, 2013, 10:32:55 AM

The Rays are staying close in the standings.  I think they just need to do that, not necessarily win the division.  If they can get into the postseason, that is where their great pitching will make a difference.
Disagreed. Rays must win the division. You don't want to win a wild card spot and have your fate decided by a 1 game playoff. That is why they created the 1 game playoff because it makes you want to win the division, and not be satisfied winning wild card. For example in 2010 Yankees became complacent with winning the wild card and not the division because they knew they would be playing a team that they owned in the Twins.
: August 26, 2013, 10:36:06 AM Borattt

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#592 : August 26, 2013, 11:24:29 AM

Disagreed. Rays must win the division. You don't want to win a wild card spot and have your fate decided by a 1 game playoff. That is why they created the 1 game playoff because it makes you want to win the division, and not be satisfied winning wild card. For example in 2010 Yankees became complacent with winning the wild card and not the division because they knew they would be playing a team that they owned in the Twins.

Yeah we NEED to win the division. The way the wildcard works now is awful. One game in baseball and the better team could be sitting home while the other team goes to the playoffs. For me I feel we have to win the division. Wildcard is too risky.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#593 : August 26, 2013, 04:17:23 PM

Hellickson sucks, wish they would go with a 4 man rotation again when Moore comes off the DL.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#594 : August 26, 2013, 05:37:40 PM

Good points.   All I can say is, the one team I wouldn't want to see in the postseason is the Rays.  If Madden handles it right, for instance, resting the starters going into the postseason, they will be tough to beat.

But on the other hand, if they are fighting tooth and nail to win the division, that could hurt them going into the postseason, with a wore out pitching staff.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#595 : August 26, 2013, 08:19:20 PM

Good points.   All I can say is, the one team I wouldn't want to see in the postseason is the Rays.  If Madden handles it right, for instance, resting the starters going into the postseason, they will be tough to beat.

But on the other hand, if they are fighting tooth and nail to win the division, that could hurt them going into the postseason, with a wore out pitching staff.

The Rays are really start to concern me. They never seem to pull away from the Red Sox when they are percentage points ahead of them. Now they are 1.5 games back from that dreadful performance today vs. the Royals. I'm glad it wasn't on TV. They cannot settle for a wild card spot!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#596 : August 26, 2013, 11:01:23 PM

That's because the Red Sox continue to win as well .....

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#597 : August 26, 2013, 11:13:08 PM

Yep, Red Sox don't seem to go on a losing skid, unfortunately.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#598 : August 27, 2013, 12:01:10 AM

Okay, time to send Hellickson down and promote Jake Ordorizzi up. Guy is coming off an 11 strike-out performance and is having a good year in AAA.

Price, Moore, Cobb, Archer, and Ordorizzi the rest of the way.

Fausto can help out our #4 and #5 guys if need be.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#599 : August 27, 2013, 07:08:11 AM

Hellickson is a 13 year old boy who forged his birth certificate. What do you guys expect ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools